Windows 10: win 10 "Game Controllers" window not responding

Discus and support win 10 "Game Controllers" window not responding in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi i'm using win 10 on msi gl63vr stealth pro laptop. I bought some sort of a generic game controller, and when i try to configure or calibrate it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GizmoGambo, Jul 19, 2019.

1. win 10 "Game Controllers" window not responding

hi

i'm using win 10 on msi gl63vr stealth pro laptop.

I bought some sort of a generic game controller, and when i try to configure or calibrate it

the "Game Controllers" window gets stuck "not responding", it could after a couple of minutes respond again

for a few seconds and then get stuck again..

BTW, this happens whether or not a game pad is plugged in.

Anyone or maybe Microsoft(though i doubt it) can help here?

many thanks

:)

GizmoGambo, Jul 19, 2019

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Jul 19, 2019
  3. game not responding

Thank you for confirming that to us. We suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to resolve game freezes or game not responding on a Windows 10 device. If the same issue
    happens on a specific game and if the problem persists after performing this troubleshooting, it would be best for you to contact the game developer. They have the capability to check whether the problem is on the game server so they can have it resolve on
    their end.

If you have inquiries, feel free to post back so we could assist you accordingly.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 19, 2019
  4. win 10 "Game Controllers" window not responding

Angela Pun, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

win 10 "Game Controllers" window not responding

1. win 10 "Game Controllers" window not responding - Similar Threads - Game Controllers window

2. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stopped responding to the controller.: I dont know what the hell happened.i conncted the controller to the computer with a usb cable.the Home button is ligthened up so i know the controller was recognized by the PC.but when i press on buttons nothing happens.i know the controller is working becuse i was testing...
  3. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stopped responding to the controller.: I dont know what the hell happened.i conncted the controller to the computer with a usb cable.the Home button is ligthened up so i know the controller was recognized by the PC.but when i press on buttons nothing happens.i know the controller is working becuse i was testing...
  4. Windows stopped responding to the controller.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Game Controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Game Controllers: I'm currently trying to recalibrate on of my flight simulator peripherals. The issue I'm running in to is that the Set up USB game controllers program just won't respond. It says not responding, then a minute later it's "responding" then I try to go to the calibration page...
  6. Windows 10 Game Controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Game Controllers: I'm currently trying to recalibrate on of my flight simulator peripherals. The issue I'm running in to is that the Set up USB game controllers program just won't respond. It says not responding, then a minute later it's "responding" then I try to go to the calibration page...
  7. Win 10 Sound Control Panel Not Responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Sound Control Panel Not Responding: Hey guys, trying to set up some speakers and Sound Control Panel keeps crashing when I open the recording bar. Any ideas? Cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-sound-control-panel-not-responding/50fb89ca-2d04-4d3f-815d-c6732cc13173
  8. Windows 10 game controller

Windows 10 game controller: I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 a few months ago. Now the controller i use on my PC wont work correctly, all the buttons work but the D-pad does not. Its an old Guillemot pad, is there a way to get it working?...
  9. Windows 10 Game Controllers window not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Game Controllers window not responding: I've bought a joystick a while ago, the Logitech X52 Pro, I installed the drivers and tried to calibrate it via the game controllers window a while ago, it didn't work but I ignored it, the need to calibrate has now arose and I can't because the program doesn't work, it...
  10. Game Controller in Windows 10

Game Controller in Windows 10: Hello, I have a Piranha Fire PC controller for Windows 10. It is supposed to work once it is plugged in but I cannot get the PC to assign a driver for it. I tried to update drivers and also download the ones that Piranha suggested from the Microsoft Store but still cannot use...