Windows 10: Win 10 going to hotspot browser login even at home, you can the says "Connected. No Internet."

Discus and support Win 10 going to hotspot browser login even at home, you can the says "Connected. No Internet." in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I tried to log in today, took me to the login page of the last hotspot I used. When I finally somehow got past that, it will connect to my my home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KipPrdy, Aug 26, 2021.

1. KipPrdy Win User

Win 10 going to hotspot browser login even at home, you can the says "Connected. No Internet."

When I tried to log in today, took me to the login page of the last hotspot I used. When I finally somehow got past that, it will connect to my my home wifi or phone, but just says "Connected, No Internet"

:)

KipPrdy, Aug 26, 2021

2. internet connection

When I connect to a free wifi hotspot at some public location from my phone, tablet or computer, I usually have to follow the following steps:

• Go to the device's wifi settings (on the phone tap Settings > Wifi),
    • Tap the wifi hotspot you want to connect with
    • When it shows "connected", open up the device's browser,
    • Tap the browser refresh button
    • This usually automatically brings up some kind of hotspot agreement website, Tap through any of the "I agree" statements you see
    • Then the device can use the hotspot's internet connection.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 26, 2021
  3. HP 15-ay513tx laptop "Connected, No Internet" on hotspot..

Hello,

I own a Dell Latitude 5430 and an HP 15-ay513tx. I often have to use my mobile's wifi hotspot to access internet on the go.

I notice that I am able to access the internet fine on the Dell laptop. However, the HP one is a peculiar case.

The HP Case:

So, on the HP, the internet works fine as long as I'm viewing my lecture videos (which happen to be MPEG-TS segmented videos with AES encryption).

However, if I view even a 10 minute long video on youtube, this is what has been occuring since the last 2-3 months:
    1. 2-3 minutes into the youtube video, the network icon starts showing the yellow exclamation mark. If I click on it, then for my wifi network, it says "Connected, No Internet". And I can no longer access the internet on laptop unless I:
      1. disable the network adapter, and re-enable it;
      2. reset the network stack (requiring restart); or,
      3. restart the system.
    2. However, if at this very point in time, I am able to browse the internet on my mobile's browser just fine!

So there are a couple of perplexing issues for me...
    1. the internet works fine on the mobile's browser, but not on the laptop's browser connected to that very mobile's wifi hotspot.
    2. Also, on the the laptop, internet works fine as long as I'm browsing regular pages (like while navigating to and typing this post) or when viewing the MPEG-TS lecture videos (which have never been less than 2 hours long). However, if I view a youtube video, I face this "Connected, No Internet" issue.

I have tried the following couple of things to no avail:
    1. I tried assigning DNSs (such as Google DNS and 1.1.1.1) in the IPv4 and the IPv6 files of my network adapter properties. This didn't help.
    2. Turning off the hotspot, re-enabling it and then connecting the laptop back to it.
    3. Turning the hotspot as well as mobile data off, re-enabling both of them and then connecting the laptop back to it.
    4. Using another mobile's hotspot. Even on the other mobile's hotspot, I face the same issue.
    5. Disabling the wifi adapter from Device manager and then re-enabling it didn't solve the issue either.

HP system specifications: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05404795
    Dell system specifications: https://www.dell.com/downloads/globa...spec_sheet.pdf (the i5 variant)

One of the suspects could be that one time, I had tried using the built-in Hyper-V Virtual Machine feature on my HP laptop. Since then, the number of network adapters has increased as per the following screenshot:

Win 10 going to hotspot browser login even at home, you can the says "Connected. No Internet." [​IMG]

Also, since then, even while using my wifi hotspot, I don't get the usual wifi icon in the system tray. Instead, I get an ethernet-like icon:

Win 10 going to hotspot browser login even at home, you can the says "Connected. No Internet." [​IMG]

Both my laptops (the Dell one as well as the HP one) are running Windows 10 1607 (OS Build 14393.953).

One of my constraints is that I cannot try updating my windows because of approaching exams.

Any suggestions which can help me fix this issue without a windows update?

- - - Updated - - -

[Update:] I just noticed that all this while, I had ignored that actual Realtek Wifi adapter in the control panel... I had tried disabling and re-enabling the Hyper-V adapter.. *Busted

So disabling and re-anabling the actual Realtek Wifi adapter does restore the wifi to normal. But it's a real hassle because video streams often aren't resuming when I reconnect to the mobile's hotspot. I have to reload the entire webpage and navigate to the timestamp to resume my videos.

Any solution which can help me solve this hassle?

Ten64BitUser, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Win 10 going to hotspot browser login even at home, you can the says "Connected. No Internet."

Laptop apps (Settings, Etc) say not connected to network or internet but browser connects to home network and internet

Asus laptop-Windows 10.

Laptop Win 10 built-in apps (Settings, Etc) say not connected to wifi network or internet.

But browser connects to home wifi network and internet, surfs with no problems.

Tried many fixes-->>reloaded win 10, reset PC, ran win 10 troubleshooters for net , internet connections and network adapters, checked all settings, etc, etc.

Same problem exits with ethernet connection.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardM881, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 going to hotspot browser login even at home, you can the says "Connected. No Internet."

1. Win 10 going to hotspot browser login even at home, you can the says "Connected. No Internet." - Similar Threads - going hotspot browser

2. Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet: I have a direct broadband connection on my Asus X555L laptop. I can be connected to my laptop's wifi hotspot on my Andriod phone. But it seems it is connected but no internet on specific apps like google stuff as far I checked such as Play Store, Chrome while the youtube...
  3. Can connect to mobile hotspot but no internet access.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can connect to mobile hotspot but no internet access.: I just got a tp-link Archer TX50E wifi and bluetooth card and im trying to use mobile hot spot. I can connect to the hot spot but have no internet connection when connected to it.Now before you type out out long response i have already tried most of the other suggusted fixes....
  4. Win 10 network settings say that I am connected to the internet, but browsers and desktop...

Win 10 network settings say that I am connected to the internet, but browsers and desktop...: As the title indicates, settings state that Network status is "you're connected to the internet", as confirmed by the fact that ethernet is shown as "connected". There is no wi-fi adaptor present on the PC However, all browsers fail to connect, saying "No Internet", and...
  5. windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet”

windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet”: My modem is not the problem; all of my other devices, none of which run on Windows 10, are connected to the network. My desktop, which has the network USB adapter attached, “Status” says network “not connected, “you are not connected to the internet.” I ran “Troubleshoot”...
  6. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...: [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-it-says/8188299b-da64-47b2-b61d-f2e88c8bc5c1
  7. Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet: unable to find why office suite pro 2016 Outlook, Edge and Network Trouble shooter also the hidden icon that when connected changes from a ball to a display icon Network Status to name a few programs ALL THINK I am NOT CONNECTED TO A NETWORK. AT the VERY SAME TIME I...
  8. Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access"

Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access": I recently updated to Windows 10 1903, but every time I try to use hot-spot it says no internet access but immediately opens the browser and it goes to a Microsoft link, unfortunately only the browser would use the hot-spot internet other apps such as the store cannot and all...
  9. Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?: Does Win 10 require an Internet connection for me to login with my Windows Live password or has it stored the hash on my laptop? 28815
  10. Win 10 won't login without internet connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 won't login without internet connection: I was having trouble logging into Windows 10. It would not accept my password. I discovered that I was having an issue with a network cable and had lost contact with the internet. Once I replaced the faulty cable, things are working fine. However, I realized that I might...