Windows 10: Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down

Discus and support Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have replaced a HDD in a NAS unit and another in my Humax recorder and I find that if I try to use the Windows WSL feature to edit and format these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ratsea, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Ratsea Win User

Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down

I have replaced a HDD in a NAS unit and another in my Humax recorder and I find that if I try to use the Windows WSL feature to edit and format these drives as EXT3, my laptop refuses to shut down/restart. I have to force a shut down with a 30sec press of the on/off switch.

This is a Dell Inspiron 7386 i7/500GB Nvme/16Gb RAM running the latest 2004 version of Win10. I was trying to access the drives though a USB to SATA interface

Explorer only intermittently sees the drives and wants to format them. I do have a third part EXT3 extension installed, but removing it made no difference.

How are you supposed to manipulate Linux drives with WSL if the basic system hangs?

Any thoughts as to how resolve these conflicts?

Thanks

Richard

:)

Ratsea, Jun 29, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down :confused:*Mad Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jun 29, 2020
  3. win 10 shuts down and restarts immediately

win 10 shuts down and restarts

CharlesConnoy, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Wx_935 Win User

Laptop hangs at "shutting down"

My laptop won't shut down. It hangs at "shutting down". I found this article and I thought it my be helpful :

Windows 10 error (Shutting down)

However I don't understand this step :

"Locate the driver and expand the driver icon."

What driver should I be locating?

Wx_935, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down - Similar Threads - hangs restarting shutting

2. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. Win 10 not restarting when restart iselected, does a shut down instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 not restarting when restart iselected, does a shut down instead: I can initiate a shut down and then manually restart my PC/Windows in the usual way. I can log off and on again. And I even seem to be able to launch a restart from the log-in screen if I've logged out. But within Windows START-POWER-RESTART fails and my PC goes into a normal...
  7. Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts: Generally I have no problems with Win 10 2004 or Chrome but when using Chrome today my PC suddenly shut down and restarted for no apparent reason. On restart, as soon as I tried to go to Chrome it again shut down and restarted. After second restart I first opened Outlook...
  8. Windows 10 Hangs during Shutting Down and Restarting Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Hangs during Shutting Down and Restarting Time: My Windows Specs are below Edition - Windows 10 Pro Version - 2004 OSbuild - 19041.264 My system hangs while shutting down and restarting pc, in this situation I have to only shutdown my system from main power switch which is very risky. I need help regarding my...
  9. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  10. win 10 - shutting down and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 - shutting down and restart: why my windows 10 take so much time to shutdown and restart ? i have a 480 gb ssd, 32 gb ram, kaspersky internet security,all updates done. any fix to resolve this ? bye 87080