Windows 10: Win 10 hangs when right clicking

Discus and support Win 10 hangs when right clicking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have bought a new Lenovo H30 desktop Pc with Win 10 on it. Finding it the worst OS that I have ever used. (Normally a Linux user). XP is easier. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gazza, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Gazza Win User

Win 10 hangs when right clicking

I have bought a new Lenovo H30 desktop Pc with Win 10 on it. Finding it the worst OS that I have ever used. (Normally a Linux user). XP is easier. I've used many file managers in the past and this one is the least intuitive and hard to use.

When I right click on a file or folder the machine just hangs and I have to crash out. Also the same thing happens when I try to create a "New" folder either by clicking the New folder Icon in File Explorer, or right clicking. Right clicking works OK when I am in a program like "Word" or "Excel".

any help gratefully received.

:)

Gazza, Oct 8, 2016
  2. samrods Win User

Windows upgrade from 7 to 10 multiple issues

I recently upgraded from windows 7 to win 10. the issues i face are

1) search box doesnt respond

2)when you right click a file it just hangs.

3) start up toolbar hangs.

4) The new so called Edge browser doesnt work at all.

5) While opening application the system freezes.

any resolutions for these issues

samrods, Oct 8, 2016
  3. How Do I Get Microsoft To Correct All The Malfunctions Caused By Upgrade To Windows 10?

How do I get Microsoft to restore my laptop to fully functional operation?

The list of malfunctions on my once operationally fine Win 8 Lenovo laptop is growing; Wi-Fi problems (click on taskbar network icon & it hangs up), right-click and win explorer hangs up, low audio level, unknown driver, refusal to allow programs to function,
    etc., etc., etc..

Upgrading to Win 10 precedes all malfunctions now present on my laptop.

Jim

JK La Pointe, Oct 8, 2016
  4. Win 10 hangs when right clicking

Gazza,

Welcome to the forum!

Do you see any extra context menu when you right click on a file or folder?
    As an example, a context-menu that does not belong to Microsoft?

cottonball, Oct 8, 2016
  5. Gazza Win User
    Thanks Cottonball, nearly all of the time I get no context menu upon right clicking, it just hangs with that blue circle going round and round. The few times that I did get a menu upon right clicking the menu appeared to be normal Windows menu.

Gazza, Oct 8, 2016
  6. cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 hangs when right clicking

1. Win 10 hangs when right clicking - Similar Threads - hangs right clicking

2. window-10 hanging problem when I right click or left click on a desktop file name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    window-10 hanging problem when I right click or left click on a desktop file name.: how to fix the hung problem when I right click or left click on a desktop file name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-hanging-problem-when-i-right-click-or/97fd4d6e-1f41-4644-895b-1105121bbdeb
  3. window-10 hanging problem when I right click or left click on a desktop file name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window-10 hanging problem when I right click or left click on a desktop file name.: how to fix the hung problem when I right click or left click on a desktop file name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-hanging-problem-when-i-right-click-or/97fd4d6e-1f41-4644-895b-1105121bbdeb
  4. window-10 hanging problem when I right click or left click on a desktop file name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.: Basically it crashes when I right click in explorer application or desktop so I cant delete files using mouse or create files. Also first time today onedrive crashed with it and I was instantly able to right click again. Usually it goes away after 2minutes and happens again...
  6. File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything: So, most of the times I want to use something, the Windows File Explorer hangs, I tried almost anything and nothing fixes it, some people told me that updating windows fixes it, but I did it and nothing. submitted by /u/Izanaski [link] [comments]...
  7. Right click on desktop hangs

Right click on desktop hangs: After turning my laptop onrunning on windows 10 whenever I right click at the desktop it hangs for about 5-7 minutes and shows. Please help ASAP because once it hangs I cannot access anything at the desktop....
  8. Right click hangs computer

Right click hangs computer: All of a sudden, when I right click on a shortcut, the system hangs, and I have to restart the desktop. I have booted to safe mode and the same thing happens. I can right click in an open space and create a new folder etc. I just can not right click a shortcut. Windows 10...
  9. Right click hangs for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...
  10. right clicking in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    right clicking in Win 10: Suddenly, right-clicking in File Explorer for Windows 10 no longer offers the usual options. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan 56565