Windows 10: WIN 10, hard wired, once per day I must do a "network reset" otherwise cannot access any...

Discus and support WIN 10, hard wired, once per day I must do a "network reset" otherwise cannot access any... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three WIN 10 PCs; A, B, and C.All three are hard wired. Once per day, I must do a "network reset" on PC A otherwise cannot access any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Calvertjw, May 5, 2021.

1. Calvertjw Win User

WIN 10, hard wired, once per day I must do a "network reset" otherwise cannot access any...

I have three WIN 10 PCs; A, B, and C.All three are hard wired. Once per day, I must do a "network reset" on PC A otherwise cannot access any websites.But the other Win 10 PCs B & C which are connected to the same modem/router work fine always.I have set PC A's adapter Power Management to always Powered ON. Made no difference.In Command prompt, I ran sfc /scannow; no differenceIn Command Prompt, I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth; no differenceWhat is going wrong with PC A?Suggestions please.Thanks

:)

Calvertjw, May 5, 2021
  2. Morania Win User

No computer detection on wired network

I have a household network that is hard-wired; the wireless is only for hand-held devices. I've been experiencing an issue lately where my wired desktop stopped detecting or being detected by the other computer and drive on the wired network but is detecting
    and being detected by a SURFACE on the wireless network.

My desktop computer- Does not detect the other computer or the network drive (wired) but detects the Surface on the wireless network. Surface asks for credentials despite private network access settings. Allows access after sign in.

The other computer- Does not detect my desktop computer. Detects and accesses the network drive (wired). Detects and accesses the Surface on the wireless network. The Surface does not ask for credentials for access to folders.

The Surface- Only detects itself. No other computers in the network.

It would appear that my desktop computer has experienced network bugs since the zillions of updates the last couple of months. The network was well-connected when I first installed the network drive. Here are some notes of what I've been trying in order
    to avoid duplication of suggestions and replies.

• I have set/reset the router.
    • I have tried uninstalling the recent updates with no change in the situation. After those experiments, I upgraded to Win10 Version 2004 to bring the system back up to date.
    • I have already done the SMB on/off changes and some of the service.msc adjustments with no luck. There may be more from what I've been seeing but there is also no consistency so I'll wait to hear what y'all have to say.
    • All of the devices have been set in "network and sharing" to allow detection and sharing on the network and password protection is disabled.
    • The printers are wired as well and are detected and used by all computers in the house.
    • It is interesting to me that the devices are visible under Network>Media Devices, but the related computers aren't listed under Network>Computer.

My ideas in order of preference:

1. Pray you all to have a solution that involves Windows configurations settings only.
    2. Find software to override Windows 10 Networking and manage my home network (4 Desktops, 2 printers, and a NAS).
    3. Learn how to assign the computers with hard IP addresses and force detection. (But that won't help my NAS.)
    4. Run a repair of Windows 10.
    5. Clean install Windows 10.

Morania, May 5, 2021
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 5, 2021
  4. xBruce88x Win User

WIN 10, hard wired, once per day I must do a "network reset" otherwise cannot access any...

Contest! Win Hard Reset!

Bump

No one wants Hard Reset? I'm open to other suggestions for contest ideas.

maybe i got this in the wrong section... could a mod move it to the FS/FT/WTB/Giveaway section?

xBruce88x, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. WIN 10, hard wired, once per day I must do a "network reset" otherwise cannot access any... - Similar Threads - hard wired once

2. Once per two days I cannot select secondary language for keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once per two days I cannot select secondary language for keyboard: Using corporate Win11.Two input languages selected for the keyboard Eng/Heb.Ever since I got over to Win11 about a year ago once every two days I randomly discover I cannot switch to secondary language.Uninstalling the language a reinstalling it helps for another two...
  3. Once per two days I cannot select secondary language for keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Once per two days I cannot select secondary language for keyboard: Using corporate Win11.Two input languages selected for the keyboard Eng/Heb.Ever since I got over to Win11 about a year ago once every two days I randomly discover I cannot switch to secondary language.Uninstalling the language a reinstalling it helps for another two...
  4. Windows 10 lose activation status once per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lose activation status once per day: Hello.Recently I started to have troubles with my Windows 10 copy.My Windows 10 Home license is Retail Box and it is not linked to MS account, I use it only as local account. I created MS account only for support.Now, back to my problem.This license have been activated a...
  5. Windows 10 lose activation status once per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 lose activation status once per day: Hello.Recently I started to have troubles with my Windows 10 copy.My Windows 10 Home license is Retail Box and it is not linked to MS account, I use it only as local account. I created MS account only for support.Now, back to my problem.This license have been activated a...
  6. Windows 10 lose activation status once per day

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Getting a BSOD about once per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a BSOD about once per day: Hi, I've had this computer for about a year and have lately been getting a BSOD about once per day. I ran a memory diagnostic, checked that Windows 10 was up to date, check that NVIDIA was up to date, and blew out some dust from inside of the computer (there wasn't much). I...
  8. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, I see a black screen and then it reboots. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut...
  9. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I...
  10. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I recently upgraded my computer. I ran Windows off the old SSD and everything was working well. I then purchased a Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB NVMe SSD and installed windows, I have a MSI B450I motherboard Micro ITXand a AMD 3600 processor. Ever since then I have had...