Windows 10: Win 10 has switched off my third party firewall !!!

Discus and support Win 10 has switched off my third party firewall !!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Win 10 has switched of my third party firewall ( Trend Micro ) today and switched on Win 10 firewall.This is getting annoying and I think Win 10 is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rudolfo2, Aug 27, 2015.

1. rudolfo2 Win User

Win 10 has switched off my third party firewall !!!

Win 10 has switched of my third party firewall ( Trend Micro ) today and switched on Win 10 firewall.This is getting annoying and I think Win 10 is behaving like real Big Brother more and more.We know Win 10 is blocking CCleaner to work properly,no control over updates or restart etc...I wonder if NSA backdoor is here too ?!

:)

rudolfo2, Aug 27, 2015

2. Unable to ping router after update

Hi Scott,

By default, the firewall on a Windows 10 computer is enabled. Usually, you would only need to switch off the built-in firewall if you're using a third-party software as the computer firewall. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the reason that you switched off the firewall after getting connectivity?
    • Are you using the built-in firewall in Windows 10 or are you using a third party software?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 27, 2015
  3. many blue screen problem (like Error code:0x0000225) with cumulative update KB3163018(10586.420)

Hi,

I would also suggest to switch off you firewall and antivirus scanner. I had faced issues with the update and it worked great after switching off the virus scanner and the firewall.

Any third party applications spyware detector - please switch those off too.

Sanju Rajan, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

No problems here with CCleaner. You may wish to re-install the software.

Make sure you are running the latest version of Trend Micro.

https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-u...0/1111603.aspx

Turn Windows Firewall on or off - Microsoft Windows

Borg 386, Aug 27, 2015
  5. rudolfo2 Win User
    Trend Micro and MBytes are auto updating.CCleaner has still problems with Edge.

rudolfo2, Aug 27, 2015
  6. sml156 Win User
    I have not had any problems with CCleaner, As far as having more control over the updates that has changed within the last day or so

Source: Windows Central
    Windows 10 Home users can now disable automatic app updates - Microsoft News
    Another source with more details : SuperSite for Windows
    Stop automatic driver updates on Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows

sml156, Aug 28, 2015
  7. rudolfo2 Win User
    Updates installed.Win 10 Pro here.Nagging warnings "Switch Win Firewall" is still here.Will report if Trend Micro would be changed again.This is a power game from Windows to force us to use Win Defender & Firewall.

rudolfo2, Aug 28, 2015
  8. Borg 386 Win User

You might want to install Trend Micro again over the top of the current installation to see if that remedies the problem. Other people are running third party firewalls with no problems so I would guess it's something to do with Trend.

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 has switched off my third party firewall !!! - Similar Threads - has switched off

2. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  3. Purchasing licenced Win 10 from third party sites.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Purchasing licenced Win 10 from third party sites.: I was recently watching a couple of tech youtubers from where I live and I couldn't help but notice that once every couple of videos they would plug an ad for a couple of websites that offer software that is considerably cheaper that buying from the official manufacturer...
  4. Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Third party firewall notifications not showing on Windows 10: After latest Windows updates in 2020 summer, popup notifications for third party firewalls such as Simplewall and FreeFirewall had stopped working. Connections for programs are blocked and firewall apps are not showing any notifications anymore to allow or block. The closest...
  5. Always on VPN with third party firewall cisco anyconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always on VPN with third party firewall cisco anyconnect: Anyone deployed Cisco firepower firewall cisco anyconnect and microsoft Always On VPN solution ? We currently have direct access. We are thinking of migrating new clients to the Always on VPN solution without using RRAS....
  6. Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with Windows Firewall out of the box and at the same time allows you to install and run a third-party Firewall too. These firewalls work independently to block suspicious actions on your computer. But after installing Windows [...] This post...
  7. Third party developer tries to put Windows 10 on Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 News
    Third party developer tries to put Windows 10 on Nintendo Switch: After so many months of testing and bug hunting, a group of developers recently ported full Windows 10 on ARM experience to Lumia 950 lineup. The same group of developer also managed to bring Windows 10 on ARM to Raspberry Pi 3. It looks like one of the leading developer Ben...
  8. Third Party Free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Third Party Free: If the likes of Kaspersky Free or Bitdefender Free are downloaded does Windows 10 stop updating completely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/third-party-free/2137ca8d-a7d6-4bd1-8b93-714c0f810ec0
  9. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...
  10. Most minimalinstallpossible , third party firewalls?

in Windows 10 Support
    Most minimalinstallpossible , third party firewalls?: So... I only use windows for PC gaming. I'm running into the brick wall that new hardware simply isn't supported in Windows 7. I do not want any of the new features of windows 10, just hardware support for my 8'th gen processor and GTX 1070... What is the most basic,...