Windows 10: Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD

Discus and support Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I get the installed software on my HHD with Win 10 to work with my SSD with Win 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jameslcoe, Mar 24, 2019.

1. jameslcoe Win User

Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD

how do I get the installed software on my HHD with Win 10 to work with my SSD with Win 10?

:)

jameslcoe, Mar 24, 2019
  2. steve4CTL Win User

Upgrade from Win 10-32bit to Win 10-64bit using a new SSD boot drive

What are the steps to no cost upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10 while swapping out the boot HHD to a SSD. I have a Dell T3400 Precision Desktop computer with Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor. My current boot drive is a WD Raptor and has already been upgraded
    from Win 7 Pro 32 bit to Win 10 32-bit. From what I've read so far the steps appear to be:

1. Clone the Raptor HHD to the SSD.

2. Install the SSD to be sure it works properly and windows is still activated.

3. Perform the Custom Install from the ISO media (DVD) and select keep no data (for a clean install).

Is this correct or am I missing something or is there s simpler way to do it?

steve4CTL, Mar 24, 2019
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

Interesting that it works on that oldie but goody laptop.

I don't notice any speed lags with Win-10 TP, but I'm using it on an i5-4670K system with an SSD for the boot drive, so it's snappy.

RealNeil, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD

Win 10 boots...

People have Win 10 installed?

Easy Rhino, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD

1. Win 10 HHD to a Win 10 SSD - Similar Threads - HHD SSD

2. After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old hhd to a newly added ssd. Afterwards, when I tried to load a windows11 update, I got a message that said, we couldn't update the system reserve partition. How can I fix this?...
  3. After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old hhd to a newly added ssd. Afterwards, when I tried to load a windows11 update, I got a message that said, we couldn't update the system reserve partition. How can I fix this?...
  4. does deleting an programme from ssd will also be deleted from hhd also

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does deleting an programme from ssd will also be deleted from hhd also: if i delete any program from ssd ...does it will be deleted from hhd also....i want to delete a game from ssd that i have copied to hhd ...does it will cause any effect to hhd prorams or the game that i have copied...
  5. does deleting an programme from ssd will also be deleted from hhd also

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does deleting an programme from ssd will also be deleted from hhd also: if i delete any program from ssd ...does it will be deleted from hhd also....i want to delete a game from ssd that i have copied to hhd ...does it will cause any effect to hhd prorams or the game that i have copied...
  6. does deleting an programme from ssd will also be deleted from hhd also

7. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  8. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  9. How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?: I just went out and bought myself an HDD to help with the lag even when I have an Alienware R11. My PC came with 8GB of memory, so I also bought 2 16GB memory extenders. I am very paranoid with having viruses since getting the new installs, so I wiped the pc clean. I want to...
  10. How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?

How do I make the SSD my main hard drive with the HHD still on my computer?: I just went out and bought myself an HDD to help with the lag even when I have an Alienware R11. My PC came with 8GB of memory, so I also bought 2 16GB memory extenders. I am very paranoid with having viruses since getting the new installs, so I wiped the pc clean. I want to...