Windows 10: Win 10 Home boots directly into admin account

Discus and support Win 10 Home boots directly into admin account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Elderly neighbor bought a new laptop in late 2017, then forgot her password. Over a year later I cracked the password, so am able to log in with blank... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by usarmycwo, Jan 27, 2019.

1. usarmycwo Win User

Win 10 Home boots directly into admin account

Elderly neighbor bought a new laptop in late 2017, then forgot her password. Over a year later I cracked the password, so am able to log in with blank admin password.

After first log in as admin, did a year's worth of Windows updates (overnight), then created a standard account for her to use instead of admin.

Problem is that when the computer boots up, her admin account opens. No password needed. Logged in invisibly, and desktop open. No welcome screen showing the option to log into the standard account.

I deleted the standard account and recreated another, but no help.

Ideas, please?

:)

usarmycwo, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Win 10 - no admin account

Hi,

If you are unable to create a new user account, try to enable the in-built administrator account and check.

To do so, follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X. Click on command prompt (admin)

• Type the following command and hit enter

net user administrator /active:yes

• Log out and sign in to the default admin account and try to add a new admin user.

Let us know the results once you have tried these methods. Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Win 10 - no admin account

Hi Roger,

You must have a admin account on the PC.

Try to follow the below step and check if you are able to create a local admin account on the pc.

• From the desktop press Windows flag key +R and type netplwiz and click ok.
    • This will open user account window, now click add and then select sign in with out Microsoft account.
    • Now type a name and a password and click ok.
    • You can now see the ne account created in the user account Window, select the account and click properties.
    • Click the group membership tab and select administrator.
    • Click apply and then ok.
    Hope this information helps, please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Home boots directly into admin account - Similar Threads - Home boots directly

2. Dual Booting Win 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Booting Win 10 home: Hi Im still a little confused. I would like to setup win 10 home I hope on 2 separate SSDs on 1 computer. There is an article here where some one wants to do the exact same thing. One drive for work and one for home. So it seems its possible. My question is do I have to buy a...
  3. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  4. change boot device in win 10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    change boot device in win 10 home: how to change boot devices in win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-boot-device-in-win-10-home/cf1e9769-3730-45db-b1fc-79f62c52e768
  5. How to change account type from admin to standard -WIN 10 HOME VERSION

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change account type from admin to standard -WIN 10 HOME VERSION: I'd like to convert my dad's local Windows account from administrator to standard user for safer browsing. I created a new administrator account on his laptop but still can't change his account type because in the Change Account Type window the checkbox for standard user is...
  6. Have lost admin rights on win 10 home edition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have lost admin rights on win 10 home edition: After changing from MS account to local account and back I fully have lost admin rights of the user. For example, if in command window I do netplwiz, the following window has only no button and there is no yes button. Control panel user account has only 4 menu items on...
  7. Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed

Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed: I have an ASUS G75VX, that came with Win 8. When I upgraded to Win 10, I had user groups and no default admin account. Which are features of Win 10 Pro. Recently I had an error that would not self repair. So I did a reset (keeping my data). After the reset, I have Win 10...
  8. Lost Admin User status on Win 10 Home

Lost Admin User status on Win 10 Home: Hi, saw a couple of my allow app change boxes only have the NO box in them. Checked and I only have Standard User rights which won't allow me to enter YES. Not sure how this came about but wonder if anyone can show me the way to get back to Admin User. Thx 115602
  9. Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10

Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10: I woke up and attempted to login to WIN10 machine. Received "incorrect password".. Is there any solution out now? I do not believe to have a MS account/email attached to this user name, therefore I'd rule out the sign-in with MS account. Thanks for your assistance....
  10. Win 10 does not recognize my admin account

Win 10 does not recognize my admin account: Hi! I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and as a result Win 10 does not recognize my admin account (I was using fingerprint to access it without a password), and now it does not open with fingerprint and does not accept any possible passwords. Moreover, I cannot use advanced...