Windows 10: Win 10 Home, Can I Select the Types of Updates Windows installs??

Discus and support Win 10 Home, Can I Select the Types of Updates Windows installs?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; New 8.1 HP laptop 1 1/2 years ago, had to clean install over the 8.1/HP/10 hybrid (after the free 10 update). My question is since it is Win 10 Home,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mega10user, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Win 10 Home, Can I Select the Types of Updates Windows installs??

New 8.1 HP laptop 1 1/2 years ago, had to clean install over the 8.1/HP/10 hybrid (after the free 10 update). My question is since it is Win 10 Home, am I stuck taking all the updates automatically? Did MS allow 10 Home users to 'select' the updates presented (I heard they were thinking of it but have seen nothing concrete since @ last fall/winter). Seems I am stuck on that KB4022715 June Update file at max 90%.

:)

mega10user, Jun 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 update

Can I stop this computer from updating?

What OS Build Version is installed?

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+S and type
    About your PC.
    Click the Best Match at the top of the dropdown menu to get the requested information.

What edition of Windows 10 is installed? Is it Home, Professional or another?

Gerry C J Cornell, Jun 21, 2017
  3. NgM007 Win User
    Upgrading from Window 7 home to Window 10 Pro with Windows 8 Pro Product Key?

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 home pc that I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I have bought 3 Windows 8 Pro upgrades sometime ago that I have not used. I want to do an upgrade and not a clean install so that I can preserve my settings and applications. Can
    you suggest the easiest way to do that?

I believe I can upgrade my Win 7 home to Win 8 Pro with my license key, then from Win 8 pro to Win 10 pro with the 10586 November updates. I am hoping if there is a simpler way, like upgrading from Win 7 home to Win 10 home and with the Win 8 pro license
    key to update the Win 10 key from home to pro. Is this possible? Is there an easier way?

Martin

NgM007, Jun 21, 2017
  4. Win 10 Home, Can I Select the Types of Updates Windows installs??

mega10user, Jun 21, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 Home, Can I Select the Types of Updates Windows installs??

1. Win 10 Home, Can I Select the Types of Updates Windows installs?? - Similar Threads - Home Select Types

2. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home will not install.: My system was working perfectly on Thursday but when I turned it on Friday it came to the log on screen. My pin was refused, my password was refused, and they could not be verified because of "no internet". I verified my network connection, changed ports and cable with same...
  3. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home will not install.: My system was working perfectly on Thursday but when I turned it on Friday it came to the log on screen. My pin was refused, my password was refused, and they could not be verified because of "no internet". I verified my network connection, changed ports and cable with same...
  4. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 10 home keyboard type itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 home keyboard type itself: I already fixed the issue because the internal keyboard is physically broke. So uninstalling the keyboard driver disabled the internal keyboard. But recently it's re enabled back by the system itself. I already tried turn off auto install driver and prevent auto install using...
  6. Can we select the updates to install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can we select the updates to install?: As Win 7 users, we could select which updates to install and which not. Now, in Win 10 era, we can disable automatic updates and search manually instead but we don't have the chance of selection. So, what's the point to search manually? Automatic Updates Disableb = no...
  7. How can I install Windows 10 Pro on a laptop that automatically selects Windows 10 Home...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I install Windows 10 Pro on a laptop that automatically selects Windows 10 Home...: I want to change from Home to Pro, but when I install Windows, I don't get the screen to select Windows versions. How to bypass this? submitted by /u/floating-hammock [link] [comments]...
  8. Install Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 Home: I bought a computer came with Win 10 Pro, but some features I cannot use , such as window update, will it harm my laptop if I purchase Win 10 home and install in my laptop and give up the Win 10 pro? warranty is not the concern...
  9. How can I sell a Windows 10 pc with win 10 home installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I sell a Windows 10 pc with win 10 home installed: Hi, I’m in the process of building a new PC which i intend to use my Windows 10 Home Retail with. The problem is that the old PC has Win10 Pro on it (Windows 10 Retail Home plus an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the upgrade plan using Win 7 Retail). I want to leave...
  10. How can I selectively install updates in Windows 10 - all versions?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I selectively install updates in Windows 10 - all versions?: Hi folks, Bit confused here. To the best of my knowledge you can only defer Windows 10 Updates if you have the Pro version. Is there a way to selectively install/uninstall updates in any version? Also, what is this "update blocking" tool that I am hearing about and...