Windows 10: win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question

Discus and support win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I ran the cmd prompt to disable windows update as it was becoming a real pain and, using up my limited bandwidth. It seems everything is working as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by p5200, Nov 14, 2018.

1. p5200 Win User

win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question

I ran the cmd prompt to disable windows update as it was becoming a real pain and, using up my limited bandwidth. It seems everything is working as usual and the updates have been disabled as planned. The one thing I noticed is when I run a sfc file scan, it says some files could not be repaired is this because of the cmd prompt that was ran? If that's all it is it's no problem because everything works just fine and I don't get the updates installed when not wanted. Thanks! *Smile

:)

p5200, Nov 14, 2018

2. Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

GhostRyder, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Windows update daily? Ugh

Windows Update seems to be stuck trying to install a particular update, so this might be of use to you.

Click Start, then type "cmd" (without quotes). Right-click cmd then it comes up and hit "Run as Administrator". At the command prompt, type "net stop wuauserv" (again, without quotes), wait for it to say "The Windows Update service was stopped sucessfully" or words to that effect. Leave cmd running.

Navigate to C:\Windows (or whatever drive your OS is installed on), and delete the "SoftwareDistribution" folder. Once that's done, go back to cmd and type "net start wuauserv" (without wuotes again) and wait for it to say "The Windows Update was started sucessfully" or words to that effect. Exit cmd.

Open Windows update, you will need to re-enable Microsoft Update as deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder resets Windows Update. Install any updates that come up and your problem *should* be fixed.

If not, all I can suggest is either downloading that patch manually and installing it, or just reinstall Windows.

Red_Machine, Nov 14, 2018
  4. win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question

Are cmd prompts the same on windows 10 as they are in 8

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Yes, the command prompt in Windows 10 is same as Windows 8. You can open the Command prompt by following methods.

• Press Windows key + X and click on Command prompt.
    (OR)

• Press Windows Key + X and click on Command prompt (admin) to open
      cmd with admin privileges.
    (OR)

• Press Windows key + R, type cmd and hit
      Enter

Please let us know if you are facing any issues with the command prompt. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question

1. win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question - Similar Threads - home cmd prompt

2. CMD prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD prompt: My user account is KENNETH\Local Account\Administrator.When I try to use CMD and open as administrator, it does not open as system32, but shows C:\Users\Administrator.Help please....
  3. CMD prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD prompt: My user account is KENNETH\Local Account\Administrator.When I try to use CMD and open as administrator, it does not open as system32, but shows C:\Users\Administrator.Help please....
  4. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  5. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  6. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  7. AddressResolution Protocol from CMD prompt..: A question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AddressResolution Protocol from CMD prompt..: A question.: Just found out about the 'ARP -a' command available in CMD Prompt. Was wondering why there is more than one MAC Address listed? I recognise my router as one of the MAC addresses (the only 'dynamic' address listed). However there are 4 'static' MAC addresses listed there as...
  8. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd prompt: I had win 10 setup so that shift right click context menus showed cmd prompt, as powershell does a lousy job with batch files, which I use a lot. Latest update killed that setting and I can't get it back. None of the suggestions on the web are working. So two questions:...
  9. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0
  10. win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question: I ran the cmd prompt to disable windows update as it was becoming a real pain and, using up my limited bandwidth. It seems everything is working as usual and the updates have been disabled as planned. The one thing I noticed is when I run a sfc file scan, it says some files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 1903 disable notification with cmd