Windows 10: Win 10 Home, do I need security essentials-?

Discus and support Win 10 Home, do I need security essentials-? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I got Windows Defender and Firewall. Do I need Security essentials ontop of this, just want to make sure about the latest info. Thanks Chris 119826 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chris77, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Chris77 Win User

Win 10 Home, do I need security essentials-?

Hi,

I got Windows Defender and Firewall. Do I need Security essentials ontop of this, just want to make sure about the latest info.

Thanks
    Chris

:)

Chris77, Oct 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Oct 14, 2018
  3. JimboYM Win User
    Will there be anything similar to Security Essentials or Defender available on Win 10?

Will there be anything similar to Security Essentials or Defender available on Win 10?

JimboYM, Oct 14, 2018
  4. marie{ Win User

moiicrosoft security essentials

where can I find a free download of Microsoft security essentials for WIn 10?

marie{, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Home, do I need security essentials-? - Similar Threads - Home need security

2. windows security essential win 10 pro.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security essential win 10 pro.: Hello good morning, I was using Kaspersky internet security for my win 10 pro version 20H2. Now I decided to uninstall the KIS and windows own security essential, when I remove the KIS completely with the removal tools, my windows security did not start automatically,...
  3. windows security essential win 10 pro.

windows security essential win 10 pro.: Hello, I am using Windows 10 pro-security essential instead of Kaspersky internet security. is the widow's security essential is good enough to protect the pc from online security like Kaspersky or any other 3rd party internet security? Thank you....
  4. Security Essentials

Security Essentials: Security Essentials will not allow me to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. It keeps saying there was a virus detected. Is there anyway to resolve this issue without uninstalling Security Essentials?...
  5. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: How do i uninstall when it wont let me i get error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/d810d3bf-9073-4ec7-a57a-4260a3b4f278
  6. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: I am seeing yellow for my "MSE" i am "trying to scan it so i clicked on a quick scan it still showing yellow so I take it that did not work. My question is in the settings where it says "run a scheduled scan" well the boxes are checked (i have no idea why or what anything I...
  7. Security Essentials

Security Essentials: Here are some product flaws that are currently in the software. here are some old classic solutions that have never come around. Microsoft Edge has a integrated flaw in which can be hijacked and freezes he personal computer of the target, not allowing them to disengage their...
  8. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  9. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  10. Do I need KB3206632...for my Win 10 home 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need KB3206632...for my Win 10 home 64bit: It would not install. 5 failures eating my allowed data. Downloaded Brink's files to reset WU and tried again last night during my free zone. KB 3213986 downloaded and installed fine but not KB 3206632. I now have build 14393.693. Do I need to download KB 3206632 and install...