Windows 10: Win 10 Home - Force Desktop Website Version in New Edge Browser?

Discus and support Win 10 Home - Force Desktop Website Version in New Edge Browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, newly returned to these forums after many years on Linux and a comment on the new Edge Browser (2020). When I go to sites like ZDnet or CNBC I only... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by docfreed, Feb 11, 2020.

1. docfreed Win User

Win 10 Home - Force Desktop Website Version in New Edge Browser?

Hi, newly returned to these forums after many years on Linux and a comment on
    the new Edge Browser (2020). When I go to sites like ZDnet or CNBC I only see
    what appears to be a mobile version of the site. They display a desktop version perfectly
    in Firefox or Chrome.
    How can I force or select desktop website versions?

:)

docfreed, Feb 11, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Edge not working on spesific website

Hi,

I suggested you to try resetting Edge and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Home - Force Desktop Website Version in New Edge Browser? - Similar Threads - Home Force Desktop

2. Remote Desktop Redirection Bus Win 10 Home Version?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Redirection Bus Win 10 Home Version?: HI - I have the Win 10 HOME Version. Which doesn't have remote desktop? I have never installed anything enabling remote desktop. Is it normal for the Remote Desktop Device Redirection Bus to be running on Win 10 Home? Even without the capability of using it? I disabled it...
  3. Why are Multiple versions of the "new" Edge browser running ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are Multiple versions of the "new" Edge browser running ?: I have one PC, with one monitor, and only need to view one browser page. Since the New Edge, loading page takes longer, and any pictures/video takes longer. I have seen as many as 15 Edge's running using Task Manger. Are they in conflict with each other? Am I suppose to...
  4. Microsoft forcing edge browser on customers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forcing edge browser on customers: Microsoft continues to try and force it's inferior edge browser on customers through Windows updates. I use Revo uninstaller to remove this 575Mb of bloat off my hard drive everytime Windows installs it through an update. Revo uninstaller is far better than Window's unistall....
  5. How to force Dark Mode on websites using Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to force Dark Mode on websites using Edge browser: [ATTACH]You can force websites and web content to display in dark mode using the Edge browser. This means that instead of a white background, their […] This article How to force Dark Mode on websites using Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. new edge browser

new edge browser: where can i download the new microsoft browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/5a51e5f6-fae5-46ff-bd65-d089589c5778
  7. Any browser that forces dark mode on all websites websites?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any browser that forces dark mode on all websites websites?: So I see most Android browsers now have this function, but the closest I have seen PC browsers come to this is FF with Night Owl addon. Any browsers with native night mode? submitted by /u/terambino [link] [comments]...
  8. the new edge browser

the new edge browser: When is the new Edge Browser coming out? I think its called Edge Chromium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-edge-browser/edb59077-f0f0-4273-9882-da776bc9e220
  9. new edge browser

new edge browser: should i update to the new edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/6713934b-dc8b-4a84-afe0-2aa9a5183822
  10. Force Windows 10 Home to Version 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Force Windows 10 Home to Version 1511: I read a previous post about Windows Pro but I am wondering if this will definitely work the same way for my Home version even though I already have windows 10 installed. Can I go here, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10 - click upgrade now, then chose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. force desktop verson in edge