Windows 10: Win 10 home installation with bootcamp

Discus and support Win 10 home installation with bootcamp in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought windows 10 home online recently at Microsoft official website to be installed in a MacBook Pro with bootcamp. After getting the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PePolonia, Dec 1, 2018.

1. PePolonia Win User

Win 10 home installation with bootcamp

I bought windows 10 home online recently at Microsoft official website to be installed in a MacBook Pro with bootcamp.

After getting the Windows installed and product key typed in got an error message saying that was not possible to validate the product key. Requiring to check installation data support.

Could anyone share any thoughts on this?

:)

PePolonia, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Ivan_Lai Win User

Parallels 11 to Bootcamp Win 10 activation

Installed a licensed copy of Win 7 pro 64 bit under Parallels 11 at my new MacBook. Upgrade to Win 10 64 bit Pro with no problem with activation. Found out that 1 of my USB Token is not function properly and decided to switch to Bootcamp as both tech at
    Microsoft and Parallels unable to resolve the issue.

Created a bootable Win 10 USB and proceed with Bootcamp installation (Unable to use Win 7 as the latest MacBook Bootcamp require Win 8 and above). Installed Win 10 without entering product key and after installation it did detect my product key for Win 10
    from previous installation under Parallels 11. My USB Token now function correctly. However, under Bootcamp my Win 10 is not activated even though it detected my product key.

Win 10 home installation with bootcamp 21ba6e4f-652b-4b86-9426-d7e4ca946311.jpg

Called Microsoft and they suggest me to get a new copy of Win 10. That is not helpful at all. Unable to install Win 7 under Bootcamp to re-upgrade again. Is there any other way to resolve this?

Ivan_Lai, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Bootcamp Drivers install, windows 7

Alright I am still having an issue with installing Bootcamp.

First I solved the "boot camp x64 is unsupported"

1. Right click computer
    2. Select manage
    3. Select Local Users and Groups
    4. Select Users Folder
    5. Double click administrator
    6. Uncheck Account is disabled
    7. Apply
    8. Log off, then log on as Admin.

Now I have a new Issue with getting the following message during Boot Camp install

"A system restart is pending. Complete the restart and then retry this installation."

Solution : http://pc-mac-linux.blogspot.com/2008/11/restart-pending-with-bootcamp-drivers.html

My only problem is after I follow the steps in that solution, which involve :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager and delete or rename the PendingFileRenameOperations

In Regedit I go to that specific address and this value date is always coming back into the PendingFileNameOperations registery file:

Value Data: \??\C:\Windows\NV37603704.TMP\nvsvc.ini

Everytime I start bootcamp I have to install a nvidia driver off the start, usually there are always restarts with nvidia drivers, could this be why it always says there is a pending restart?

If i could figure out why that Value data keeps coming back, i can fix it and finally install the bootcamp drivers.

Thanks guys

Edit: I have confirmed that it must be the bootcamp installation itself that is causing the Value data, I have deleted the value in the reg file, restarted, checked the registery, no PendingFileNameOperations, then i tried installing Bootcamp64 again, Nvidia installed a driver, then it went back to boot camp, then The restart is pending message came back. So I checked the registery again, and the Value data is back. How do I fix this when bootcamp itself is causing it?

Noobcomputermaker, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Win 10 home installation with bootcamp

Parallels 11 to Bootcamp Win 10 activation

The change to bootcamp changed the virtual environment which looks like a new computer to activation. Win 10 is an upgrade so you either need to install a previous OS or purchase a win 10 key. You cannot activate with that generic key.

Since you cannot install win 7 in bootcamp, you have a problem.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 home installation with bootcamp

1. Win 10 home installation with bootcamp - Similar Threads - home installation bootcamp

2. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home will not install.: My system was working perfectly on Thursday but when I turned it on Friday it came to the log on screen. My pin was refused, my password was refused, and they could not be verified because of "no internet". I verified my network connection, changed ports and cable with same...
  3. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home will not install.: My system was working perfectly on Thursday but when I turned it on Friday it came to the log on screen. My pin was refused, my password was refused, and they could not be verified because of "no internet". I verified my network connection, changed ports and cable with same...
  4. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Install Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 Home: I bought a computer came with Win 10 Pro, but some features I cannot use , such as window update, will it harm my laptop if I purchase Win 10 home and install in my laptop and give up the Win 10 pro? warranty is not the concern...
  6. Win10 home installed on VmWare and Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 home installed on VmWare and Bootcamp: I have windows 10 home installed and working on VmWare and macOS Catalina. Using the same license can I install win10 in bootcamp. Same machine, same hw, same everything. I could then dual boot, into bootcamp and run win10 or into macOS and run vmWare and launch win10....
  7. Failed Win 10 Home Install

Failed Win 10 Home Install: Hi all trying to install win 10 Home to my new Desktop PC but I get this error message after a blue screen: Page Fault in Non Paged Area and below that Stop Code I get: 'What at Fault: Win Fsf.sys' Really need help here as I have no idea what is happening? Thanks...
  8. Win 10 Home Install Error

Win 10 Home Install Error: Hi there trying to install win 10 Home to my desktop and I continually get this error message: Page Fault in Non Paged Area? At the bottom of that Stop Code I get: What Failed: Win F sf.sys What to do? Grateful for urgent help!...
  9. usb install win 10 home

usb install win 10 home: Hello I am looking at doing a new / fresh install of windows 10 onto my precision T3500 from a usb drive. Does the install usb purchased from microsoft / amazon have the digital key / product key for activation on it ? Will i have to pay extra to get activation if i use a...
  10. Win 10 Pro BootCamp Clean Install Size!

Win 10 Pro BootCamp Clean Install Size!: Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum and I am looking for your assistant. I have successfully installed Win 10 Pro 64 Bit on my iMac through BootCamp, I assigned 40 GB for BootCamp partition, but what I noticed after Windows finished the installation and logged...