Windows 10: win 10 Home or Pro for my applications

Discus and support win 10 Home or Pro for my applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Win 7 64 bit Home premium on a desktop. I use it for general purpose applications like word processing and speadsheets as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ils, Jun 5, 2019.

1. ILS
    ils Win User

win 10 Home or Pro for my applications

I have been using Win 7 64 bit Home premium on a desktop. I use it for general purpose applications like word processing and speadsheets as well as editing videos and running autocad. It looks to me that WIN 10 Home will be sufficient for my stand-alone desktop needs. Sound right?

:)

2. wilspeak Win User

Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

wilspeak, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Wins 10 pro becoming wins 7 pro

I am using wins 10 pro, but during end user activation it shows wins 7 pro

Any suggestion?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

TingTracccey, Jun 5, 2019
  4. win 10 Home or Pro for my applications

Reloading - retrieving my installed WIN 10 PRO

Thanks for the quick and detail response. Just to make sure I understand your procedure, here are the steps I will do:

1. Download Win10586PESE-x64 v16.07.07 (new) ISO and burn to a DVD.

2. Place DVD in computer and power ON boot from DVD
    3. Run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu will be a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Try that utility to see if that restores booting to Windows 10
    4. When Windows startup utility finishes, remove DVD and power OFF computer
    5. Power ON and see if WIN 10 boots.
    6. If WIN 10 boots, check for normal operation, etc.
    7. If WIN 10 does not boot; re-install full WIN 7 disk image.
    8. Download and save Windows 10 ISO file tofolder on C:\ drive
    9. Down load and save:WinISO file on C:\ drive.
    10. Run and install WinISO according to http://www.winiso.com/support/tutorials/mount-iso-in-windows7.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
      [*]Run WinISO, open the Windows 10 ISO file stored on C:\. I assume there will be some type of BROWSE menu so you can select the Windows 10 ISO file?
      [*] Click "Mount" and a file menu of the files in the Windows 10 ISO file will appear.
      [*]Double click to Run setup.exe.from the WINDOWS 10 ISO file menu
      [*]This should upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 - This same procedure as the “Free” upgrade from WIN 7 PRO to WIN 10 PRO. When finished WIN 10 PRO will be installed and ALL WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files from WIN 7 PRO will be available for use. To be explicit this is an install of WIN 10 PRO and a “TRANSFER/ UPGRADE of WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files. This is NOT a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10 PRO

JUST WANT TO MAKE MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE EXPECTED RESULTS

1. The newly created WIN 10 PRO install should activate based upon your previously activated upgrade. I assume the setup program will access some Microsoft data base and find my previous activation?

Please excuse the long list, but I find it better to ask questions now, rather than try to unwind some misunderstanding later.

I do appreciate your time and support!

Thanks

krazykat tenf, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

win 10 Home or Pro for my applications

1. win 10 Home or Pro for my applications - Similar Threads - Home Pro applications

2. Upgrading Win 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Win 10 home to pro: I have Windows 10 home version on my laptop. I have purchased the pro version of Windows 10 and would like to upgrade. Is it possible to enter the pro version's serial number into the home version and have it update or do I need to wipe the drive and start fresh with the...
  3. Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro

Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro: I have an ASUS laptop which came with Win 10 Home. It has been activated and working fine for more than a year. I need the remote Desktop, so I went to the MS Store and paid my $99 for an upgrade to Pro. Now Win won't activate, saying I don't have a valid license. Also it...
  4. Update Win 10 Home to Pro

Update Win 10 Home to Pro: I tried to update Win 10 Home to Pro with a Win 7 pro license and I got this error code 0x803F8001 The last product you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows.. any help would be appreciated.. Thanks Ron...
  5. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade: How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to...
  6. upgrade win 10 home to pro

upgrade win 10 home to pro: what is the cost to upgrade from win 10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/upgrade-win-10-home-to-pro/2e3cb2b5-dbe0-408b-8cd5-52c230e6a815
  7. upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro

upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro: i try to upgrade my laptop with pre-installed windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. but there is an eror with activate the serial number of windows 10 pro. i have tried by online with: start--setting--update & security---activation---go to microsoft store an error as pictured...
  8. My maddening failure to move from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

My maddening failure to move from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: My pre-built Dell system came with Win 10 home. After my Windows exploded, I had to reinstall. Along the way I learned that I need Bitlocker. Since Home doesn't include it, I purchase an OEM install of Win 10 Pro. And that has turned out to be the most horrific experience...
  9. Win 10 Home ver. Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home ver. Pro: What is the difference between Windows 10 Home and Pro. Is it worth the difference? 33407
  10. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601