Windows 10: win 10 Home or Pro for my applications

Discus and support win 10 Home or Pro for my applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Win 7 64 bit Home premium on a desktop. I use it for general purpose applications like word processing and speadsheets as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ils, Jun 5, 2019.

1. ILS
    ils Win User

win 10 Home or Pro for my applications

I have been using Win 7 64 bit Home premium on a desktop. I use it for general purpose applications like word processing and speadsheets as well as editing videos and running autocad. It looks to me that WIN 10 Home will be sufficient for my stand-alone desktop needs. Sound right?

:)

2. wilspeak Win User

Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

wilspeak, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Wins 10 pro becoming wins 7 pro

I am using wins 10 pro, but during end user activation it shows wins 7 pro

Any suggestion?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

TingTracccey, Jun 5, 2019
  4. win 10 Home or Pro for my applications

Reloading - retrieving my installed WIN 10 PRO

Thanks for the quick and detail response. Just to make sure I understand your procedure, here are the steps I will do:

1. Download Win10586PESE-x64 v16.07.07 (new) ISO and burn to a DVD.

2. Place DVD in computer and power ON boot from DVD
    3. Run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu will be a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Try that utility to see if that restores booting to Windows 10
    4. When Windows startup utility finishes, remove DVD and power OFF computer
    5. Power ON and see if WIN 10 boots.
    6. If WIN 10 boots, check for normal operation, etc.
    7. If WIN 10 does not boot; re-install full WIN 7 disk image.
    8. Download and save Windows 10 ISO file tofolder on C:\ drive
    9. Down load and save:WinISO file on C:\ drive.
    10. Run and install WinISO according to http://www.winiso.com/support/tutorials/mount-iso-in-windows7.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
      [*]Run WinISO, open the Windows 10 ISO file stored on C:\. I assume there will be some type of BROWSE menu so you can select the Windows 10 ISO file?
      [*] Click "Mount" and a file menu of the files in the Windows 10 ISO file will appear.
      [*]Double click to Run setup.exe.from the WINDOWS 10 ISO file menu
      [*]This should upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 - This same procedure as the “Free” upgrade from WIN 7 PRO to WIN 10 PRO. When finished WIN 10 PRO will be installed and ALL WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files from WIN 7 PRO will be available for use. To be explicit this is an install of WIN 10 PRO and a “TRANSFER/ UPGRADE of WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files. This is NOT a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10 PRO

JUST WANT TO MAKE MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE EXPECTED RESULTS

1. The newly created WIN 10 PRO install should activate based upon your previously activated upgrade. I assume the setup program will access some Microsoft data base and find my previous activation?

Please excuse the long list, but I find it better to ask questions now, rather than try to unwind some misunderstanding later.

I do appreciate your time and support!

Thanks

krazykat tenf, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

win 10 Home or Pro for my applications

1. win 10 Home or Pro for my applications - Similar Threads - Home Pro applications

2. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  3. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  4. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: How can we get the OS changed from Win 10 Home From original HP Desktop with preloaded os to Win 10 pro desktop and that to that should be 100 % genuine.Suggest plz....
  6. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro Upgrade

Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro Upgrade: I have purchased online Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro upgrade. My Internet connection failed during upgrade download. Activation key was not received with the Invoice. How to restart download and activate Win 10 Pro?...
  7. Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home

Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home: I have an old PC loaded with Win 10 Pro. As I cannot increase the RAM on this PC, I'd like to move to Win 10 Home. Is it possible with this license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-to-win-10-home/090c2436-3600-4f0d-8068-55f8030bddfe
  8. Win 10 home vs Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 home vs Win 10 Pro: I use Win 10 Home and am thinking of upgrading to Win 10 Pro 64 Bit... Question what advantages would this give me and can I just upgrade without loosing files and programs in the transition?...
  9. upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro: i try to upgrade my laptop with pre-installed windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. but there is an eror with activate the serial number of windows 10 pro. i have tried by online with: start--setting--update & security---activation---go to microsoft store an error as pictured...
  10. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601