Windows 10: Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues

Discus and support Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HP Laptop i5 Don’t know all the specs but I can get them if it matters. The laptop had Win 10 on it, but I wanted a fresh install so I reset it via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rusty 2 AWESOME, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues

HP Laptop i5 Don’t know all the specs but I can get them if it matters. The laptop had Win 10 on it, but I wanted a fresh install so I reset it via the Settings > Security > Reset This PC I didn’t need to retain any files, so in chose “Delete Everything”. It did it’s process for about 40-60 min and when it completed it took me to the normal log on screen, but my user profile was still present. Upon trying to log on, my password didn’t let me log on, so I’m assuming there’s a correct file somewhere. I kept hard powering off my laptop until it took me into the advanced options screen, but

:)

Rusty 2 AWESOME, Jun 5, 2022
  2. clif9710 Win User

Win 10 won't boot, recovery steps will not run

I was trying to use the method they suggest of having the donor drive on the same system as the recipient, but it could not work with the donor drive being unbootable, as mine was.

BTW, now that I have three SSD's I decided to run a read speed test on them expecting to see uniformity as happened with one of them, the third one shown below. The other two show quite a bit of variation, surprising me. The KingFast SSD (first graph shown) is the one that went down on me.
    Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues [​IMG]

clif9710, Jun 5, 2022
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 5, 2022
  4. Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues

Unable to reset Win 10

I wasn't able to reset my computer after I upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10.

My computer is HP envy 23 touch smart.

I tried system restore and startup repair, got a message indicated "WDF_violation".

I also tried to restart the computer from a recovery disc on a USB hard drive which I created with Win 8. (I have successfully reset my computer with the same recovery disc before when my computer was still running under Win 8)

But it didn't work either. Computer just restarted right back to win 10. It won't even read the hard drive.

I also repeated the same steps under the safe mode but it still didn't work.

Ran out the options here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

bigsquare88, Jun 5, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues

1. Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues - Similar Threads - Home Reset Recovery

2. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  3. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  4. Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues: HP Laptop i5 Don’t know all the specs but I can get them if it matters. The laptop had Win 10 on it, but I wanted a fresh install so I reset it via the Settings > Security > Reset This PC I didn’t need to retain any files, so in chose “Delete Everything”. It did it’s process...
  5. Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Home - Reset/Recovery Issues: HP Laptop i5 Don’t know all the specs but I can get them if it matters. The laptop had Win 10 on it, but I wanted a fresh install so I reset it via the Settings > Security > Reset This PC I didn’t need to retain any files, so in chose “Delete Everything”. It did it’s process...
  6. Win 10 Reset Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Reset Issue: Following recent system and features software updates, my Win 10 Pro machine would not boot. Auto repair function provided no joy. Reversal of recent updates system and feature set provided no joy. Reset/Reinstalled Win 10 using retain personal files option. Process...
  7. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: So I want to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home to Pro but I got this error message: This upgrade path is not supported. Please close Setup and re-launch from the root of the media or go back and pick a different installation choice What does this mean and how do i solve it?...
  8. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home that I want to upgrade to Pro. I went through the Microsoft Store, searched Windows 10 Pro, clicked Upgrade, paid the $99, and then clicked Install. But after the restart, my System dialog shows that I have a non-genuine...
  9. Win 10 laptop reset Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 laptop reset Issue: So my laptop is almost 7 years old and i'm planning to trade it in for a new one. When I tried doing the standard Reset my PC via the Recovery utility in Win 10, it always ends up with the error "There was a problem is resetting your pc. No changes were made." Now, I know...
  10. Network issue on Win 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue on Win 10 Home version: We have 5 HP all in one Desktops all purchased about 8 months ago, the desktop I use is causing problems with networking, all the desktops run on the same network, my desktop is unable to see networks via the file explorer in the "This PC" Section but if I us the "quick...