Windows 10: Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS

Discus and support Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was using a notebook with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Edition and upgraded to Pro edition, purchased on November, 8 2016. Because of virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yaocheng.mdn, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS

I was using a notebook with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Edition and upgraded to Pro edition, purchased on November, 8 2016.

Because of virus problem, I wiped all the HDD, including partitions and installed back Windows 10.

I logging with my Microsoft account for few days and surprise to learn now, it is running with Home Edition OS.

Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS 967488df-78b8-4525-976e-8b6e2c3e2de1?upload=true.png

When I login to my Microsoft account, I could see my order history, that I have made 2 purchased in different occasion. The OS upgrade for the problematic notebook is the OS purchased on November, 8 2016.

Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS a656759a-0091-4edd-80e7-83840fddf7fb?upload=true.jpg

My Microsoft Account shows that I having 2 devices running windows.

Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS 2988c1c3-ce87-4630-8867-85f6f3c578fc?upload=true.jpg

The problematic notebook is ACER-E15, which running Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage, not Windows 10 Professional.

Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS 07542c15-02e6-41a7-8d27-bfb0028d76d0?upload=true.jpg

My questions:

1. How can I convert the Home Edition to Proffessional Edition without need to re-purchase the pro version.

2. Am I wrongly install the Home Edition instead of Pro Edition during installation procedure?

3. Is there any quick step to overcome this problem.

Hopefully someone can help me on this matter.

Regards,

Sujono

:)

yaocheng.mdn, Dec 1, 2018

2. Removing Win 10 OS from slave HDD

By taking sometime giving yourself permission to deletes files as suggested below. Try create a partition or use another drive to place the info you want to keep. Then format the drive and put your info back.

OctavianQR, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS

Win 10 - OS failure and unable to repair or reinstall

If you have Windows still on the drive you can go over
    Troubleshooting Windows 8 and 10 Failure to Start - Microsoft Community

If not then follow these illustrated steps to
    Clean Install Windows 10.
    Skip to the steps illustrating the actual install.

Note that you need to boot the provided media by inserting it with all other devices unplugged, then power up while pressing the

BIOS Boot Menu Key
    , choose the UEFI version of the media if offered, then Custom install, then delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest, click Next to auto-format and begin install.

If it still fails then report back the exact failure point and any error or other message in full. Pictures can help; attach only using Attach Image button in reply box.

Based on this we can check UEFI firmware or BIOS settings, reset to defaults, check hard drive, or other troubleshooting steps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS

1. Win 10 Home Single after HDD failure and reinstallation of OS - Similar Threads - Home Single HDD

2. Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD: I have just replaced the HDD which had my windows 10 OS on it, this was an upgrade from win 7. I reinstalled win 7 then tried to upgrade to win 10 again. When I input the code from my Win 7 disc, as I did when I first upgraded, I get the error message saying that the code...
  3. how do i reinstall win 10 on old hp machine after hdd failure?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i reinstall win 10 on old hp machine after hdd failure?: have booted from flash drive to install win 10 on new hdd but drive is not initated and does not show up in disk part help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-win-10-on-old-hp-machine-after/fa44c2e5-ac5e-4e5f-af2d-371cd77c8eb0
  4. Windows 10 Storage Spaces Mirrored VirtualDisk crashed after single HDD failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces Mirrored VirtualDisk crashed after single HDD failure: I have suffered yet another fatal Storage Spaces crash after 1 of my 8 HDDs failed. I have a mirrored VirtualDisk which is 1TB and it become detached, lost communication with the failed PhysicalDisk HDD. I have 3 other mirrored VirtualDisks which are still working fine. I...
  5. Win 10 Pro reinstalls as Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro reinstalls as Win 10 Home: I've seen a lot of posts but none that fit what I'm facing. I have an HP Envy that came with Win 8.1 Pro w/ MCE. It was upgraded to Win 10 Pro some time ago. During that process it had me remove the MCE since Win 10 didn't have it which was fine since it wasn't being used....
  6. Reinstalling WIndows 10 Home Single Lanugage

Reinstalling WIndows 10 Home Single Lanugage: Split from this thread. Hi, I followed the steps you mentioned above and the edition says, WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE. Yet, I do not see windows 10 home single language while downloading windows. What do I need to do now?...
  7. Boot failure after removal of Win 7 HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot failure after removal of Win 7 HDD: I recently upgraded to Win 10 by installing it on a new SSD, leaving my previous Win 7 SSD intact. I also didn't remove the Win 7 SSD as I planned on formatting it and using it for storage. It all worked and it even recognized the Win 7 disk and gave me a dual boot option...
  8. Win 10 home single language

Win 10 home single language: Hello. Is an upgrade from win 10 home single language to win 10 Pro possible or have i do a clean install for Pro ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-single-language/cdadffb2-b0f6-430b-9ef3-66a53024f4a2
  9. moving win 10 os to larger HdD

in Windows 10 Support
    moving win 10 os to larger HdD: Can I do a disk image of my 250Gb C drive with the windows 10 Pro OS & install on a larger 2 Tb HdD? Would it be legal? This is a refurbed Dell 9010 desktop. 113188
  10. Home Power Failure and Disappearing HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Home Power Failure and Disappearing HDD: Hi guys, I was lucky enough to have a power cut a couple of hours ago, and despite the PC being on a surge plug it seems to have broken one of my internal harddrives. I've never had a problem with it til now, but I tried to find it in my computer to no avail, however...