Windows 10: Win 10 Home to Education Activation Update Fail

Discus and support Win 10 Home to Education Activation Update Fail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I recently purchased a new Asus laptop and it came with 10 Home pre-installed. I purchased a 10 Edu license through the University where I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SirGhostie, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Win 10 Home to Education Activation Update Fail

Hello!

I recently purchased a new Asus laptop and it came with 10 Home pre-installed. I purchased a 10 Edu license through the University where I'm getting my Master's degree. I attempted to update the product key to begin the update process, but I receive an error immediately 0xc004f050. The Education license appears in my Microsoft account, but my laptop has not updated to reflect that upgrade. The Troubleshooter is still greyed out for me, indicating that there is nothing in my activation to troubleshoot. However, I'm still showing my laptop as having Home installed. See attached redacted screenshots. I have rebooted the computer several times during this process in order to see if it was hung up in the update, but that has proven ineffective.

Win 10 Home to Education Activation Update Fail 6e4fc8ec-818c-4d1a-a5f9-6868dc63a7f5?upload=true.png Win 10 Home to Education Activation Update Fail 707d4e87-f149-46c2-92c3-003351534b34?upload=true.png

What am I doing wrong?

:)

SirGhostie, Feb 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 28, 2021
  3. win 10 activation fail code 70003c

Hi Shantanubandyopadhyay,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you installed Windows 10 through Windows update/ISO file?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the below article and check if it help to activate the Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

I hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Teo Dida Win User

Win 10 Home to Education Activation Update Fail

Activating WINDOWS 10 Education

Does it matter that this article is about Windows 10 Pro or do I have to follow the same steps to activate windows education on Windows 10 Home?Thanks a lot

Teo Dida, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 Home to Education Activation Update Fail

1. Win 10 Home to Education Activation Update Fail - Similar Threads - Home Education Activation

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer: My home computer crashed in 2022. The person fixing the computer upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Education. I am not affiliated with any school or institution, I work at home. I have been unable to activate my Windows 10 because it keeps saying "we can't activate Windows...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer: My home computer crashed in 2022. The person fixing the computer upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Education. I am not affiliated with any school or institution, I work at home. I have been unable to activate my Windows 10 because it keeps saying "we can't activate Windows...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  6. Windows 10 Activation Issue Win 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Issue Win 10 Education: Hi,I have recently swapped out my motherboard & CPU for newer models and previously had a very happily activated version of Windows 10 Education. Checking on the old CPU/mobo in the activation menu showed Windows as being activated with a digital licence associated with my...
  7. Win 10 Home Upgrade to Win 10 Education (Microsoft365 licensed)

Win 10 Home Upgrade to Win 10 Education (Microsoft365 licensed): Hi All I need some assistance. It's been a real bumpy ride trying to build machines to spec and for a school. Long and short of it, I have built over 25 machines for a school. We have bought M365 A3 as we need Windows 10 Edu installed. All machines have a base OS of...
  8. Failed Win 10 Home Install

Failed Win 10 Home Install: Hi all trying to install win 10 Home to my new Desktop PC but I get this error message after a blue screen: Page Fault in Non Paged Area and below that Stop Code I get: 'What at Fault: Win Fsf.sys' Really need help here as I have no idea what is happening? Thanks...
  9. Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails: Hello, I have a laptop with a preinstalled and validated Win 10 Home. Today I tried to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store. I bought the corresponding Win 10 Pro upgrade (after some payment hassle, I hope it is not relating..). After the purchase the...
  10. Upgrading from win 10 home to win 10 education version

Upgrading from win 10 home to win 10 education version: I am eligible to purchase a copy of win 10 education version. I currently have win 10 home. I wonder if I have to clean install win 10 education or I can just upgrade from win 10 home. The MS help desk is so ignorant that most of the time they want to help me with my MS...