Windows 10: Win 10 home to Pro upgrade from store issue.

Discus and support Win 10 home to Pro upgrade from store issue. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is annoying can someone point me in the right direction, my vitals are here. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertHamel2, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Win 10 home to Pro upgrade from store issue.

This is annoying can someone point me in the right direction, my vitals are here.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name LAPTOP-2CELH6V1

System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X712DA_M712DA

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2300 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X712DA.303, 3/31/2020

SMBIOS Version 3.2

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

Upgrade windows home to 10 pro, I just purchased this laptop new. Downloads from store, the first time, did not install completely, now after reset, will not install at all and gives me this error code,0xc004f050 can someone help. laptop was activated .

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product X712DA

BaseBoard Version 1.0

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Binding Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.844"

User Name LAPTOP-2CELH6V1\bobbe

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory RAM 12.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 9.95 GB

Available Physical Memory 4.70 GB

Total Virtual Memory 11.5 GB

Available Virtual Memory 3.59 GB

Page File Space 1.56 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected

:)

RobertHamel2, Mar 27, 2021

2. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Win 10 home to Pro upgrade from store issue.

Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro Try Again Later

Hi Shawn,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Are you able to open and access Windows store normally?
      • As you said that you tried to use different work account, is the work account connected to domain network?
      • Are you working on any .NET applications?
    As you are get the error while you try to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Windows store, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Try to reset the Windows store cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open run command prompt.
    • Enter the wsreset.exe in the run text box and hit Enter key on the keyboard.
    If the issue still persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to re-register Windows store and check if it helps. Follow the suggestions in
    Method 3 provided by Giridhar J on August 25, 2015 in the below thread to re-register Windows store.

Error Code 0x80070002 while installing apps from Store in Windows 10

Reference: As a reference, you may follow the suggestions provided by the
    Andre Da Costa on June 2, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

How to upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 home to Pro upgrade from store issue.

1. Win 10 home to Pro upgrade from store issue. - Similar Threads - home Pro upgrade

2. Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store: what happens when we are upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from the Microsoft store, does all the data are lost from the OS driver, which includes software, or It may be available as same even when upgradation....
  3. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  4. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO: I have purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO from Microsoft. When I click on install on the upgraed site I get a message " something happend and we couldn't start the upgrade" No error code or any other info. I turned off anti-virous and fire wall. I don't have key...
  5. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: So I want to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home to Pro but I got this error message: This upgrade path is not supported. Please close Setup and re-launch from the root of the media or go back and pick a different installation choice What does this mean and how do i solve it?...
  6. Upgrading from win 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from win 10 home to pro: So, I used the windows installation media to copy a licensed win 10 home to my newly built pc. Now, I'm considering upgrading to Pro but have a few questions. Since my current windows is a Home install but isn't activated, can I simply upgrade using a Win 10 Pro key and...
  7. upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro

upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro: I needed a product key to activate win 10 so I purchased Home. product key would not activate. Then I noticed I needed the Pro product key. How can I upgrade to the Pro purchase key? I just purchased the Win 10 home from Microsoft store a few hours ago and it was completely...
  8. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home that I want to upgrade to Pro. I went through the Microsoft Store, searched Windows 10 Pro, clicked Upgrade, paid the $99, and then clicked Install. But after the restart, my System dialog shows that I have a non-genuine...
  9. upgrade from win 10 home to pro

upgrade from win 10 home to pro: Hi. I deactivated old laptop with Win 10 Pro and used that activation key for my new laptop with Win 10 Home installed. Activation key is fine (no errors reported) but, new PC still shows as Win 10 Home installed. any ideas why? Thank you...
  10. Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro

Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro: I purchased a machine with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I purchased a Win 10 Pro OEM licence from Directdeals.com as I had done successfully before, now when I try and enter the new product key I get an error message: "The product key you entered didn't work. …...