Windows 10: Win 10 home upgrade to pro but went enterprise - cant activate, no product key received

Discus and support Win 10 home upgrade to pro but went enterprise - cant activate, no product key received in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded my Win10 Home to Pro. However, after the PC restarted, my win version says it's Enterprise. I did not receive a product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tristan793, May 15, 2019.

1. Win 10 home upgrade to pro but went enterprise - cant activate, no product key received

Hi,

I just upgraded my Win10 Home to Pro. However, after the PC restarted, my win version says it's Enterprise.

I did not receive a product key only a confirmation about the payment in my email.

What should I do next?

Please help.

Win 10 home upgrade to pro but went enterprise - cant activate, no product key received 4c4be084-af56-4690-9345-665e789a28c2?upload=true.jpg

Win 10 home upgrade to pro but went enterprise - cant activate, no product key received a95b2e5b-be92-4472-b450-94fdb3ddbb64?upload=true.jpg

Regards

:)

Tristan793, May 15, 2019
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, May 15, 2019
  3. calljb Win User
    Product Key Issue - Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Hello,

I currently run Windows 8.1 Pro and have verified that it is activated. I received the upgrade notice through Windows Update and proceeded with the upgrade. As with many, I did receive the request for a product key. However, when looking at the version
    of Win 10 that was installed, I noticed that it said Window 10 HOME.

I've seen many with the issue of Win 10 asking for a product key along with the solution of waiting due to server overload. If this is the case of waiting for automatic activation, then that is no problem. I will trust the system as best I can. However,
    I don't want it to activate for Home edition when I was upgrading from Pro.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and, if so, does anyone have an answer or an assurance that Win 10 will activate as Pro and not Home?

Thanks!

calljb, May 15, 2019
  4. wetenhr Win User

Win 10 home upgrade to pro but went enterprise - cant activate, no product key received

Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Hi, very interested in this opportunity simply to downgrade without having to reinstall.

Background - I got to Win 10 Enterprise when Win 10 was first released; at that time I think I was offered only Home or Enterprise, so selected Enterprise as my upgrade route from Win 7 Ultimate.

From there the Windows authentication process led to the digital signature being installed in my machine.

So I don't have a Win 10 Pro key to use in order to downgrade my setup. I only have my older Win 7 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate licenses available to me.

Can I use one or other of these as the key for a downgrade?

[Background - the reason I want to downgrade is due to problems upgrading to Creators Edition with Enterprise. Microsoft have suggested I reinstall, which I think will mean I need to go back to Win 7 Pro and build forward from there. If it's possible instead to just do a downgrade from Enterprise I'd rather go that way. I think I'm fine from an edition point of view; currently on 1607 and trying to go to 1703.]

wetenhr, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 home upgrade to pro but went enterprise - cant activate, no product key received

1. Win 10 home upgrade to pro but went enterprise - cant activate, no product key received - Similar Threads - home upgrade pro

2. upgrade win 10 home to ein 11 enterprise - no product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade win 10 home to ein 11 enterprise - no product key: my system upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 11 enterprise but never received a product key. It keeps asking me to activate windows. This happened on both my laptop and desktop computers. How do I fix this?...
  3. upgrade win 10 home to ein 11 enterprise - no product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade win 10 home to ein 11 enterprise - no product key: my system upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 11 enterprise but never received a product key. It keeps asking me to activate windows. This happened on both my laptop and desktop computers. How do I fix this?...
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  5. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro however for some reason it's trying to activate itself as Windows 10 Enterprise. I have bought this upgrade from Microsoft Store, when I go into order history it is marked as completed but when I try to click for...
  6. Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key

Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key: I did the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation went well. However, I wanted to not be under a digital license, so I bought a Windows 10 Pro License from Amazon. Using the product key from Amazon gives me an error stating I should buy a real copy of...
  7. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Enterprise Activation issue: I have upgraded my Windows Home 10 edition to an Enterprise Edition and now I am being told the original version was not activated. This is incorrect but I need to know how to fix this problem as I cannot activate the newer version without the old version being activated. I...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...
  9. Win 10 Upgrade From Home to Pro Went Sideways

Win 10 Upgrade From Home to Pro Went Sideways: I bought a new gaming computer yesterday from Wa-lMart with Win 10 Home 1803 preinstalled. I manually checked for updates. The computer downloaded and installed Win 10 Home 1809. Everything seemed to work fine. I then upgraded to Win 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store using...
  10. activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key: hello 10ers! i have tablet running win 10 and a licence for it too. win 10 home is preinstalled on my device. i just need to enter the code off my licence to activate it. however, i have a full licence on the way to me for win 10 pro. can i activate my win 10 home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont want to upgrade windows 10 home edition to enterprise

2. upgrade from home to pro no product key enterprise

3. i cant activate win 10 home

4. tried to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro but went to enterprise