Windows 10: Win 10 Home Upgrade to Win 10 Education (Microsoft365 licensed)

Discus and support Win 10 Home Upgrade to Win 10 Education (Microsoft365 licensed) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All I need some assistance. It's been a real bumpy ride trying to build machines to spec and for a school. Long and short of it, I have built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NaazimGotTeqd, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Win 10 Home Upgrade to Win 10 Education (Microsoft365 licensed)

Hi All

I need some assistance. It's been a real bumpy ride trying to build machines to spec and for a school.

Long and short of it, I have built over 25 machines for a school. We have bought M365 A3 as we need Windows 10 Edu installed. All machines have a base OS of Windows 10 Home (This was advised by our local Microsoft education team that a Win 10 home base license was all that was needed).

I need to upgrade to Win 10 Education Edition however all the guides and videos advise that you need to go into system settings and upgrade by changing the product key. The problem is that M365 is a subscription service therefore I don't have product keys, I need to add a digital license using the M365 accounts to license the upgrade. How do I go about doing this?

Under the Activation tab in settings, My choices are Store, Change Product key.

I've got an option to add a Microsoft account, however this does not seem to recognize the accounts created in O365 user tenant with the license faculty license assigned.

Thanks,

Naz

:)

NaazimGotTeqd, Nov 6, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Win 10 boots...

People have Win 10 installed?

Easy Rhino, Nov 6, 2019
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 Home Upgrade to Win 10 Education (Microsoft365 licensed)

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Home Upgrade to Win 10 Education (Microsoft365 licensed)

1. Win 10 Home Upgrade to Win 10 Education (Microsoft365 licensed) - Similar Threads - Home Upgrade Education

2. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  3. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  4. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  6. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro Upgrade: I have purchased online Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro upgrade. My Internet connection failed during upgrade download. Activation key was not received with the Invoice. How to restart download and activate Win 10 Pro?...
  7. win 10 home upgrade to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 home upgrade to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/8cd98369-24b6-4a40-ae10-4e67706373f3
  8. upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro

upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro: i try to upgrade my laptop with pre-installed windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. but there is an eror with activate the serial number of windows 10 pro. i have tried by online with: start--setting--update & security---activation---go to microsoft store an error as pictured...
  9. Upgrading from win 10 home to win 10 education version

Upgrading from win 10 home to win 10 education version: I am eligible to purchase a copy of win 10 education version. I currently have win 10 home. I wonder if I have to clean install win 10 education or I can just upgrade from win 10 home. The MS help desk is so ignorant that most of the time they want to help me with my MS...
  10. Announcing #Microsoft365 Education

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing #Microsoft365 Education: c7_3_MukBjQ In my job, I am fortunate that I get to travel to schools around the world. I am often inspired by these visits, especially when I witness the passion in teachers when they can make a special connection with students, sparking both their curiosity and...