Windows 10: Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes

Discus and support Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dan_de_Lion,1. Restart following a 3rdrparty software Update/Install, Malwarebytes recommended, displays blue screen with “Restarting” and rotating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan_de_Lion, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes

Dan_de_Lion,1. Restart following a 3rdrparty software Update/Install, Malwarebytes recommended, displays blue screen with “Restarting” and rotating circle that never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes.2. Reluctantly, the only way to end the continuous cycle is to do a Hard Power Down. Upon Cold Power Up, Win 10 gradually regains all of its software functionality in approximately 10-12 minutes.3. When I Updated Win 10 Home to version 21H2 four months ago, Restart seemed to take an unusually long time 20+ minutes to complete, but all software functionality was restored.Since then, Resta

:)

Dan_de_Lion, Jul 2, 2022

2. PC Will Not Boot Up With Windows 10 Ver. 21H2

I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 ver. 21H2 build 19044-1620, and now my PC will not boot up. This has been an ongoing issue now for 2 months. The hard drive light blinks on and off but never boots up. The prior update caused a long boot up time of 2 to 3 minutes, now the PC will not boot up. Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thank You,

Paul

paulwayne317, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Cannot Disable Dark Mode After Win 10 Update To Build 21H2

Hello Ghot,

I followed thru with the first of your two suggestions, and my Win 10 Home Build successfully updated to Build 21H2. Everything seems to be fine right now and I have my fingers crossed! My next step will be to install Win 10 Pro, for which I have already purchased a key. I will close this thread after posting this grateful reply.

Many thanks for your help!

Win10Newbie1023, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes

Win 10 1511 10586

Been on Win 10 for about 6 weeks upgraded from Win 7. Win Update listed Above update avail. Loaded it but it failed at restart. Could not then restart PC. Used repair disk to boot and system restore back to orig Win 10 ver. Got error 0x80000fff problem
    during restore which appears to be a vista / win 7 restore issue. Fix will not run on Win 10. Any suggestions

WilliamMurdoch, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes

1. Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes - Similar Threads - Home ver 21H2

2. Windows 10 ver 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 ver 21H2: I recently read that Microsoft is closing support for Windows 10 version 21H2 on June 11 2024. I'm not tech savvy, all I know is that I have Windows 10 Pro. I don't really know the specific version which is on my laptop. This leads to my question, should I upgrade to windows...
  3. Windows 10 ver 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 ver 21H2: I recently read that Microsoft is closing support for Windows 10 version 21H2 on June 11 2024. I'm not tech savvy, all I know is that I have Windows 10 Pro. I don't really know the specific version which is on my laptop. This leads to my question, should I upgrade to windows...
  4. Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes: Dan_de_Lion,1. Restart following a 3rdrparty software Update/Install, Malwarebytes recommended, displays blue screen with “Restarting” and rotating circle that never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes.2. Reluctantly, the only way to end the continuous cycle is to do a Hard...
  5. Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home, ver. 21H2 “Restart” never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes: Dan_de_Lion,1. Restart following a 3rdrparty software Update/Install, Malwarebytes recommended, displays blue screen with “Restarting” and rotating circle that never seems to end, even after 30+ minutes.2. Reluctantly, the only way to end the continuous cycle is to do a Hard...
  6. Disable Cortana in Win 10 Home Ver. 21H2

in Cortana
    Disable Cortana in Win 10 Home Ver. 21H2: Cortana randomly pops-up on my desktop while using latest MS Edge browser. I never want to use Cortana!! What's the "easiest" way to disable Cortana?...
  7. Disable Cortana in Win 10 Home Ver. 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Cortana in Win 10 Home Ver. 21H2: Cortana randomly pops-up on my desktop while using latest MS Edge browser. I never want to use Cortana!! What's the "easiest" way to disable Cortana?...
  8. Disable Cortana in Win 10 Home Ver. 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Win 10 update is never ending

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 update is never ending: I have a computer I believe has viruses on it. I decided to get them off today, but when I plugged it in, and turned it on, it started an update. And it was still going when I left for church 30 minutes later. My plan was to try to clean it but I will take the hdd out if...
  10. Win 10 Home ver. Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home ver. Pro: What is the difference between Windows 10 Home and Pro. Is it worth the difference? 33407