Windows 10: Win 10 How to restore "Account Unknown"

Discus and support Win 10 How to restore "Account Unknown" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was looking thru registry as I was suspecting something wrong with my laptop and saw this account under permissions and removed it. After this not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Raj Joshi, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Raj Joshi Win User

Win 10 How to restore "Account Unknown"

I was looking thru registry as I was suspecting something wrong with my laptop and saw this account under permissions and removed it. After this not able to open any site getting error 0x8027025b unable to create content process. Apparently that "Account unknown" is of some importance.

Now when I am trying to add back its not there as valid profile/principle/user. Tried going to few restore points its getting stuck at registry restore for hours. Very disappoint at overall situation as you can imagine - please help.

:)

Raj Joshi, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Win 10 How to restore "Account Unknown"

Unknown account keeps forming in Windows 10 64bit

Hello Nearchos,

There are different ways for us to remove this unknown user account from your computer. Let's try these troubleshooting steps below:

Troubleshooting 1:

• Access your Microsoft account here.
    • Click on Manage my Microsoft account as it will lead you to the website of Microsoft Account configuration.
    • Once logged in, you can manage any Microsoft accounts that have been created on your PC and you may attempt to delete the unknown user account.

Troubleshooting 2:

• Click on Family & other users.
    • Look for the unknown user account and click on "Remove" or "Delete".

Troubleshooting 3:

• Enable the built-in Administrator account or create a new administrator user.
    • Convert the first administrator account that you created during the Windows 10 installation to the local account. (If applicable)
    • Sign-in to Windows 10 using the built-in Administrator or additionally created administrator account.
    • Remove the first administrator account.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Edjay Rust, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 How to restore "Account Unknown"

1. Win 10 How to restore "Account Unknown" - Similar Threads - restore Account Unknown

2. unknown email account on my win 11 user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown email account on my win 11 user account: Hi. i have got some intruder in form of maleware or what ever on my pc.It has rubbed a lot of things from my pc. it used my email account and chaned my gaming account. but mail problem it is still in my pc and cannot get rid of it on my win acount, as you can see it has an...
  3. unknown email account on my win 11 user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown email account on my win 11 user account: Hi. i have got some intruder in form of maleware or what ever on my pc.It has rubbed a lot of things from my pc. it used my email account and chaned my gaming account. but mail problem it is still in my pc and cannot get rid of it on my win acount, as you can see it has an...
  4. How to restore Registry in Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore Registry in Win 10: So my RegBack is empty because of the update 1804 or something, which stopped Reg backups. I need to restore my registry i edited it, but only did what microsoft said, which i find strange. but I don’t have any backups. This corrupted registry is probably what’s disabling me...
  5. Account Unknown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Unknown: What are all these account unkowns? Also they only show up on files in the download folder.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown/adac6f72-1485-4aa5-90cd-2391eda1d96e
  6. How to delete Account Unknown?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete Account Unknown?: Recently I found a account i had deleted a while ago in my Users folder. I wanted to delete it, but the profile is not on my PC. When i entered the Advanced User Settings, i saw that there were 2 users which i had deleted with the title of Account Unkown. Is there a way to...
  7. unknown account windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown account windows 10: For the last few months i have a unknown account that i remove and appear back again after a few minutes. I already search for virus, malware etc....and my computer is clean. The account name is kycvqxgln. Is a local account. Thank you very much...
  8. unknown account windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown account windows 10: For the last few months i have a unknown account that i remove and appear back again after a few minutes. I already search for virus, malware etc....and my computer is clean. The account name is kycvqxgln. Is a local account. Thank you very much...
  9. unknown account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unknown account: Via Windows Store I downloaded and installed "Persons" (in Dutch: Personen) everything works fine (can add, edit and delete persons,..) but on opening I see an error message "Failed Synchronisation on 1 account" Selecting this I see a button "Repair Account" Clicking this...
  10. Account in Win 10 listed as unknown account everywhere but libraries

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account in Win 10 listed as unknown account everywhere but libraries: So I have a kinda weird one that I cannot wrap my head around. I'll try to be as clear as possible... I am the administrator of my home PC, and I am using a Microsoft account instead of a local account. When I look at the properties of my libraries, under the security tab,...