Windows 10: Win 10 How to restore iso when Automatic Repair Tool restricts options

Discus and support Win 10 How to restore iso when Automatic Repair Tool restricts options in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello all - new member here. I have Windows 10 on a HP Desktop. A couple of days ago my computer failed to boot and went into an automatic repair tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by DaveE, Dec 17, 2020.

1. DaveE Win User

Win 10 How to restore iso when Automatic Repair Tool restricts options

Hello all - new member here.
    I have Windows 10 on a HP Desktop.
    A couple of days ago my computer failed to boot and went into an automatic repair tool "loop". Nothing in the options worked (repair/logging starts etc) and in the end I reset the PC but kept the files. It wasn't a huge deal as the computer was mainly used for web surfing. I could get into the C prompt but I couldn't remember how to change directory even.

I did have a backup on external hard drive created by Aomei Backupper Free. I had expected to be able just to navigate and restore from that if needed- but the repair tool would not let me do so. I did go back to a restore point but the problem persisted.
    My question is - had I been using a fully commercial copy of a backup program - would I have been in the same boat (Carbonite/Acronis True Image etc).?
    I have backed up again using Windows 10's own tools but not knowing how long that will be around - I'd like a set and forget option if possible -without the repair tool making life difficult for me.
    Any advice appreciated and I am researching this myself too.
    Cheers.

:)

DaveE, Dec 17, 2020
  2. UNI
    Uni Win User

Critical Service Failed - Automatic Repair and Advanced Options

Update:
    Tried the Repair disk. Still back to "Your pc ran into a problem", "Preparing automatic repair" followed by Advanced Options which have been tried again.

Would anyone recommend:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Otherwise, I have a bootable Win PE file waiting to be burned on to USB key, as suggested by other Forum user, but unsure what to do with it when (or if) it boots up the laptop.

3. Mark Isi Win User
    Windows won't reset or restore, Automatic repair loop

Hi Bruno,

When the Automatic repair fails, we can suggest using the command prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu to run bootrec commands to fix the files the Auto Repair couldn't. Here are the steps:

• On the windows Recovery Option, choose Troubleshoot >
      Advanced Options
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Enter the following commands in the Command Prompt:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    Once the repair is done, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. Let us know the outcome, so we could provide further assistance as necessary.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Win 10 How to restore iso when Automatic Repair Tool restricts options

Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 How to restore iso when Automatic Repair Tool restricts options

1. Win 10 How to restore iso when Automatic Repair Tool restricts options - Similar Threads - restore iso Automatic

2. Automatic startup repair tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic startup repair tool: Windows goes into automatic startup repair tool when I boot up, but will not proceed without a password. I entered the password and was told it was wrong. I have changed the password countless times yet still told it is wrong?...
  3. Automatic startup repair tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic startup repair tool: Windows goes into automatic startup repair tool when I boot up, but will not proceed without a password. I entered the password and was told it was wrong. I have changed the password countless times yet still told it is wrong?...
  4. Automatic startup repair tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Make A "Lite" or Modded Windows ISO. Tool + Premade Lite Win 10 ISO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Make A "Lite" or Modded Windows ISO. Tool + Premade Lite Win 10 ISO: Original XDA Thread with Download Links: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-make-a-lite-or-modded-windows-iso-tool-premade-lite-win-10-iso.4496967/ Hello Friends~! Today I want to walk you through modifying any windows iso, to strip it of unneeded programs, thus...
  6. Automatic Repair Loop Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop Win 10: Hello, my laptop is currently stuck in a automatic repair loop and none of the fixes work. and why u may ask? Because i cant turn on the safe menu. i keep spamming f8 or gently clicking it before the windows icon appears, nothing. i am suprized because even the spinning dots...
  7. Automatic Repair Loop with Restrictive external support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Loop with Restrictive external support: Hi, I'm in a really tight spot at the moment with very limited help from others and not even access to another working pc because of the pandemic and this is very serious because it would affect my life badly if I can't get my pc accessed to the internet again. So after the...
  8. Automatic repair is prepared Win 10?

Automatic repair is prepared Win 10?: I'm stuck on my laptop at startup with the note "Automatic repair is being prepared" I have rebooted it at least 10 times and when I play Ctrl+F8 I can't get into the extended menu. Now I don't know what to do and I don't want to reset my laptop. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Tool Failure

Windows 10 Automatic Repair Tool Failure: I was using my PC and had a power failure which shut it down. After a while I tried to power on the PC and the Auto Startup Repair started working. It didn't work. I tried every option available from Restart to Reset Keeping My files which is practically a joke of an option....
  10. Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media creation tool - no option for Win 10: I downloaded it from here: Windows 10 When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops... Any ideas? Anything else I need to make it work pls? 9458