Windows 10: Win 10 HP laptop: Why would router connect but NOT internet work when internet works on...

Discus and support Win 10 HP laptop: Why would router connect but NOT internet work when internet works on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I haven't used this laptop since last May, when I bought it new and then put it away. Everything worked fine with heavy Internet usage. Turned it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eaglerock2, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Win 10 HP laptop: Why would router connect but NOT internet work when internet works on...

I haven't used this laptop since last May, when I bought it new and then put it away. Everything worked fine with heavy Internet usage. Turned it on today to update..

But now, I can't get an internet connection. Can't ping anything. All other devices can get internet. I restarted the lap, modem, router several times anyway. Sometimes the internet icons appears in the task bar but it doesn't let me connect anywhere and then it disappears.

I ran the troubleshooter and it says security of firewall settings might be blocking the connection so I went and turned the firewalls off in three places and don't know what else I can do.

There's no ethernet port on the laptop so I can't test it direct with the cable modem.

What on earth could be causing this? Any other way to test it?

submitted by /u/eaglerock2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eaglerock2, Aug 6, 2020

2. No WiFi availablities after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 on my HP laptop

After upgrading my HP laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the WiFi manager no longer lists available broadband connections which was previously working before since I was able to access the Win10 upgrade via the broadband connection. The Hot Spot is working
    fine and is listed correctly using my other Win 10 and UBUNTU based Toshiba laptops. Nothing I try will cause the available WiFi's to list as it did previously before upgrading to Win 10. I have tried everything, but the WiFi manager does not recognize any
    WiFi connections available. The HP laptop is properly showing the WiFi light turning to the blue color from orange as normal but it sees no available connections.

jamesmrivers, Aug 6, 2020
  3. bristan8 Win User
    Hp dual display not working in win 10

I have an hp dm4 1012 laptop. I recently set up a dual boot with the original win 7 and win 10 on another partition. I had to do this because the upgrade continually failed and a clean install was required.

However I now find that the amd part of the display wont work in win 10 even though the drivers from windows update are installed. The original driver that worked with win 7 was produced by hp and it was one driver for both cards. I suspect that these drivers
    are incorrect and are from the manufacturers. I looked on the HP web site but they don't have any updated drivers for my laptop and win ten,

I can't see a solution as I think that the original HP driver was a custom made thing to suit this laptop and unless they or someone else produces a suitable driver, I shan't be using win 10 on this laptop. Possibly another case of built in obsolescence.
    Any suggestions?

bristan8, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Win 10 HP laptop: Why would router connect but NOT internet work when internet works on...

Adding Routers and Printers to a PC running Windows 10 Pro

My own router works fine and is set as a DHCP server. If I connect the printer to it (HP Laserjet Pro) with an Ethernet interface, no handshaking takes place between the printer and the router. This printer worked on the owner's laptop previously until the laptop was upgraded to WIN 10 Pro. There seems to be no way at all to get the printer to handshake with the router.

The ADSL routers are both routers that have been previously used on the same laptop. Both refuse to connect to my router in any way at all. If I disconnect my router from laptop and plug in any of these routers or the printer directly into the laptop's Ethernet port, no handshaking takes place and the devices do not appear in the list of devices, so I am unable to access the setup pages for the routers.

Geoff Daniell, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 HP laptop: Why would router connect but NOT internet work when internet works on...

1. Win 10 HP laptop: Why would router connect but NOT internet work when internet works on... - Similar Threads - laptop Why router

2. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  3. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  4. hp laptop internet not working

hp laptop internet not working: Hey Hp support, My laptops internet is randomly disconnecting, but it still shows I have internet. I’ve updated the drivers, done a internet reset and it still does this often. please help...
  5. Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer

Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer: Hello.On my gaming PC I have no internet. The Wi-Fi is connected but it says no internet connection. I cannot even access my router settings page, but all my other devices have internet and if I login to the router on another device I can see my gaming PC and it has an IP. If...
  6. Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.

Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.: Today my PC suddenly stopped working with anything internet related, doesn't reach websites on Google Chrome, apps like Discord and Steam went offline. But Ethernet status hasn't changed, it still shows that it's connected. First my IPv6 connectivity had no internet...
  7. Windows 10 works slowly when connect to internet

Windows 10 works slowly when connect to internet: Hi there, I have had a problem with my Windows 10 for two days. When I connect the internet, Windows not works well and works slowly, for example the tasks manager takes 25 seconds but if I turn off the internet works perfect. I think the problem is with DNS because if...
  8. Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...

Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...: So I connected my PC to this wifi router it's a Fritz!box 7590 for the first time and for some reason it can't even reach a speed of 100 Kbit/s, though our internet has an average of 150 Mbit/s. I thought a simple restarting of the computer and the router would help but it...
  9. New Router Working with Internet but not PCs

New Router Working with Internet but not PCs: Hi I seem to have a problem which on the face of it is purely due to installing a new up-to-date router. Prior to installing the router all PCs had access to the other two PCs on our network; lets call them A, B and C. Since installing the router I only have two way access...
  10. My laptop is not working properly when it connect internet

My laptop is not working properly when it connect internet: When I connected internet my laptop is not working properly, it becomes hang all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-working-properly-when-it-connect/d7f9b392-92c7-4abd-b61c-be1f5b6bf38b