Windows 10: Win 10 + hypervisor?

Discus and support Win 10 + hypervisor? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; New, well very new, kid here; trying to find a way to run two copies of Win 10 concurrently on one desktop. Both copies are legal, licensed, paid for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by augustus, Jan 23, 2021.

1. augustus Win User

Win 10 + hypervisor?

New, well very new, kid here; trying to find a way to run two copies of Win 10 concurrently on one desktop. Both copies are legal, licensed, paid for installations. The intent is to use one keyboard, one mouse, an array of monitors virtually assigned to one or the other Win 10 session, and at the interface to the outside world, two unique internet IP addresses - all of this to see if the fuss is worth it - or buy a 2nd desktop. Issue is, I have no idea even where to start, but I figured if anyone would know, it would be Microsoft enthusiasts. If nothing else, direction(s) to a relevant forum or other discussion would be perfect! Thanks for any tips!

Win 10 version 2004

:)

augustus, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Psaidwid Win User

Windows Hypervisor

I have already tried all of these things and have now created a thread over on superuser Hypervisor BCD Won't Boot as
    per your suggestion.

Psaidwid, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Steve2151 Win User
    Windows hypervisor is not running

Everytime I do a startup, I get a:

"# Localized 03/19/2019 02:32 AM (GMT) 303:6.40.10831 Hyper-V.psd1

#

# Hyper-V BPA Localization File

#

ConvertFrom-StringData @'

###PSLOC - Start Localization

rule1_Title=Windows hypervisor must be running

rule1_Problem=Windows hypervisor is not running.

rule1_Impact=Virtual machines cannot be started until Windows hypervisor is running.

rule1_Resolution=Check the Hyper-V-Hypervisor event log for information.

rule1_Compliant=The Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer scan has determined that you are in compliance with this best practice.

rule2_Title=The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management Service must be running

rule2_Problem=The service required to manage virtual machines is not running.

rule2_Impact=No virtual machine management operations can be performed until the service is started.

rule2_Resolution=Use the Services snap-in, the Set-Service cmdlet, or sc config command-line tool to reconfigure the service to start automatically.

rule2_Compliant=The Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer scan has determined that you are in compliance with this best practice..." msg. from Win 10 Pro. I have manually started Hyper V Manager and installed Win 10 dev Enviorment and then get: "Can't start because
    Hypervisor isn't running..."

This is driving me NUTS...Can anyone help??

Steve2151, Jan 23, 2021
  4. -KELLY- Win User

Win 10 + hypervisor?

A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803.

-----------------------------

{F312195E-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E} failed due to the error listed below.

A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

Note: This component only reports overall status information. It does not report information about its individual policy settings; consequently, those settings will not appear in this tool. Please contact the vendor of this component to check if an updated
    version is available.

-----------------------------

It is my understanding that hypervisor is feature to install/manage multiple OS in one workstation. Actually I only install one Windows 10 to my workstation. I am not sure it is related to hypervisor or not, but I connect to virtual server from my workstation
    over VMware VSphere, but the virtual server is not installed on my workstation. It is running on other physical servers in the same network.

The error above is showed up when I executed gpupdate /force on my windows 10 workstation. What kind of action I should take to fix the error? Any advice will be appreciated..

-KELLY-, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 + hypervisor?

1. Win 10 + hypervisor? - Similar Threads - hypervisor

2. Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled: Dear All, I have been facing issues with the laptop with constant crashes. Earlier I thought the issue was with a faulty driver for Intel Management Engine 15.0 Software for Windows 10 Version 1709 or Later - ThinkPad T490s, X390 and tried many ways to update it but it...
  3. Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled: [ATTACH]If you have enabled Hypervisor Platform using the Windows Features section, and the computer […] This article Windows does not Boot after Hypervisor Platform or SVM Mode is Enabled first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Windows 10 Hypervisor Server Keeps Crashing - No Troubleshooting Seems to Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hypervisor Server Keeps Crashing - No Troubleshooting Seems to Fix: Windows 10 Pro Version - OS Build 19042.789 I have a Windows 10 machine that I use solely as my Docker & Plex server which is kept switched on 24/7. It is a headless server which is why I never get to see what happens but when I connect a HDMI cable to see the screen after...
  5. Win 10 + hypervisor?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 10 + hypervisor?: New, well very new, kid here; trying to find a way to run two copies of Win 10 concurrently on one desktop. Both copies are legal, licensed, paid for installations. The intent is to use one keyboard, one mouse, an array of monitors virtually assigned to one or the other Win...
  6. Peeling the layers of Collision for Containers, virtual, ROM Persistant, intel hypervisor...

Peeling the layers of Collision for Containers, virtual, ROM Persistant, intel hypervisor...: I'm trying to help my mother return her pc back to having a functional and cohesive SYSTEM like it had been prior to windows 10 but she's created such a mess after ignoring some failed problems in the past that have totally made windows 10 incapable of reliable processing...
  7. Trying to Enable Hyper-V but showing: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to Enable Hyper-V but showing: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required...: Hi there, I am trying to enable Hyper-V as per instructions from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/get-started/installation/android-emulator/hardware-acceleration?pivots=windows After enabling virtualization in my BIOS, when using systeminfo in the command...
  8. Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt...: Title says it all. Need help! By isn't waking I mean there's blank screen. Keyboard backlits are on, and LED indicators are working. submitted by /u/lycheejuice225 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kmfybq/windows_isnt_waking_up_after_turning_on/
  9. BSOD - Hypervisor error

BSOD - Hypervisor error: Dear All, Just wondering if I could get some assistance with the BSOD's I've been experience daily of late. All messages relate to a hypervisor error and when I look at dump file in bluescreenview, it always points to ntoskrnl.exe I've done memtests for three days, looked...
  10. Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard...: Hello with Containers turned off does Windows 10 create containers for Windows Advanced firewall for use with Hypervisor-V? [ATTACH] There is not much information about what "HNS containers" are used for. I would think it would say Hypervisor Containers, or default...