Windows 10: (WIN 10) I can't download/save programs into my second disk

Discus and support (WIN 10) I can't download/save programs into my second disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; C: is the internal and F: is the external disk (pic down below). (The language on my laptop is set in german so i can't name everything correctly) So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Masutya, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Masutya Win User

(WIN 10) I can't download/save programs into my second disk

C: is the internal and F: is the external disk (pic down below). (The language on my laptop is set in german so i can't name everything correctly)

So i moved all the files into the external disk. In Settings > System > Storage > Change location for new content i've set that everything will save in F:, including applications. I usually use Opera and i download the apps from there, it asks me where to save the setup and i choose F:. But still, it actually saves all the stuff into C:. When i go to Settings > Applications > Apps & Features and filter it to only C: it shows the applications i tried to save in F:. Except for the apps in the Microsoft store, they get saved in F:. How can i change that? I appreciate every help.

(WIN 10) I can't download/save programs into my second disk [​IMG]

:)

Masutya, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Masutya Win User

C: is the internal and F: is the external disk (pic down below). (The language on my laptop is set in german so i can't name everything correctly)

So i moved all the files into the external disk. In Settings > System > Storage > Change location for new content i've set that everything will save in F:, including applications. I usually use Opera and i download the apps from there, it asks me where to save the setup and i choose F:. But still, it actually saves all the stuff into C:. When i go to Settings > Applications > Apps & Features and filter it to only C: it shows the applications i tried to save in F:. Except for the apps in the Microsoft store, they get saved in F:. How can i change that? I appreciate every help.

(WIN 10) I can't download/save programs into my second disk [​IMG]

Masutya, Apr 1, 2020
  3. HDD won't show up

then it is PUIS switched on, a common problem.

KB3021937

Your options.

1. Linux.

Code: sudo hdparm -iI /dev/sdx sudo hdparm -s0 /dev/sdx where x stands for your disk letter.[/quote]
    2. HDAT2 burn an CD boot it and disable it in features.

3. On windows download hdparm exe

To use hdparm:

• Download the hdparm installer for your architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) from HDPARM TOOL FOR WINDOWS

• Install hdparm with the installer you downloaded above.

• Start Disk Management (WIN+X, then K).

• Determine which disk # maps to the disk that needs PUIS disabled.

• Run an elevated command prompt (WIN+X, then A).

• In the command prompt, run the following in order:
      • cd %systemdrive%"\Program Files (x86)\hdparm"

• hdparm.exe -s 0 hd[a-z]
        • [a-z] is a single letter that maps to the disk number. E.g. if your disk # is 0 then you would use “hda”, if your disk # is 1 then you would use “hdb”, etc.

Ferrum Master, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Masutya Win User

(WIN 10) I can't download/save programs into my second disk 96536ab9-a667-436f-860d-1fcfbb999f13?upload=true.jpg

C: is the internal and F: is the external disk. (The language on my laptop is set in german so i can't name everything correctly)

So i moved all the files into the external disk. In Settings > System > Storage > Change location for new content i've set that everything will save in F:, including applications. I usually use Opera and i download the apps from there, it asks me
    where to save the setup and i choose F:. But still, it actually saves all the stuff into C:. When i go to
    Settings > Applications > Apps & Features and filter it to only C: it shows the applications i tried to save in F:. Except for the apps in the Microsoft store, they get saved in F:. How can i change that? I appreciate every help.

Masutya, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. (WIN 10) I can't download/save programs into my second disk - Similar Threads - can't download save

2. Can't download a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a program: I am trying to download a program and it won't let me because I get the can't find the app in the app store box.I have already checked and I am not in Windows 11 Home S modeI went through the process of making sure the apps allowed is set to "allow from anywhere"What else can...
  3. Can't download a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download a program: I am trying to download a program and it won't let me because I get the can't find the app in the app store box.I have already checked and I am not in Windows 11 Home S modeI went through the process of making sure the apps allowed is set to "allow from anywhere"What else can...
  4. I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop: My Win 10 Laptop, every program installs fine except 2, H&R Block Tax software & Genesis Navigation Update software. I've tried installing in different compatibilities: Win 7 & Win 8, I've tried with firewall off & antivirus off. I created a new user account and fresh booted...
  5. I accidently converted to dynamix disk can't save anthing to disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidently converted to dynamix disk can't save anthing to disk: Hi there, I am facing a problem. i accidentally convert my disk from basic to dynamic disk. Now all partition are simple volume. Including my windows partition. Now problem is that i can't save or download anything to disk when i try save anything it says file not found. i...
  6. WIN 10 I can't download/save programs into my second disk

WIN 10 I can't download/save programs into my second disk: [ATTACH] C: is the internal and F: is the external disk. The language on my laptop is set in german so i can't name everything correctly So i moved all the files into the external disk. In Settings > System > Storage > Change location for new content i've set that...
  7. Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit.: I was attempting to change the default disc for saving all new programs from C to D (SSD to HDD), and after changing ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir from C to D and having no luck (none of the installed programs could be found), and reverting, attempted to change...
  8. can't read my downloaded program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't read my downloaded program: I reset my computer and now my downloaded program I could read before is all gibberish of numbers and letters. Is there anything I can do?...
  9. Can't download anything in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Can't download anything in win 10: I cannot download anything with edge. Also, IE will appear to open and search for website, but it stops( indicating it is AT yahoo) but the screen is blank white. 12360
  10. I can't download/save anything

I can't download/save anything: I was trying to download a video by right clicking and clicking "save as" but for some reason my documents didn't show up so i could input where to save it and chrome didn't begin the download, except the icon flashed and when i tried closing the app a pop-up warned me that...