Windows 10: win 10, I updated bios, then pin is no good. Cant reset pin, computer given to me and prior...

Discus and support win 10, I updated bios, then pin is no good. Cant reset pin, computer given to me and prior... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; win 10, I updated bios, then pin is no good. Cant reset pin, computer given to me and prior owner is unavailable.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dave Dude, May 8, 2020.

1. Dave Dude Win User

win 10, I updated bios, then pin is no good. Cant reset pin, computer given to me and prior...

win 10, I updated bios, then pin is no good. Cant reset pin, computer given to me and prior owner is unavailable.

:)

Dave Dude, May 8, 2020

2. Pin not working after BIOS Update

Hi Max,

It seems that your operating system was no longer aligned with your BIOS after installing a BIOS update for your HD3P main board.

For us to diagnose and address the problem, we suggest starting your computer in safe mode and check if the PIN is working while in that state. If it's working, then a 3rd party application may have caused the issue. To start your PC in safe mode, please
    see
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the PIN is not working in safe mode, then a reset is suggested to correct the problem. The operating system should always go with the BIOS. If the BIOS is freshly updated, then the OS has to be fresh as well. Check out
    Reset your PC in the link,
    Recovery options in Windows 10 for the steps.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 8, 2020
  3. Can't add or reset Windows 10 sign in Pin

Hi,

For us to narrow down your concern with adding or resetting Windows 10 PIN, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using an administrator access?
    • When you say "no change, no remove, no reset in Windows 10 PIN settings", is it greyed out or the option missing (a screenshot is much appreciated)?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 8, 2020
  4. win 10, I updated bios, then pin is no good. Cant reset pin, computer given to me and prior...

Pin not working after BIOS Update

Hello,

the PIN option is no longer working after updating the BIOS of my Gigabyte B150 HD3P Mainboard. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. (using current branch for business)

More Infos:

• restaring the machine didn't help (unsurprisingly)
    • Picturecode login still works
    • I've already set the grouppolicy to enable pin login
    • In the loginoptions menu is shows me the possibility to add a pin

Problem: When I click the button it asks for my old pin. I enter the old pin, the window just disappears.

Problem2: Forgot Pin tells my to remove the pin with the button "remove pin" - this button is not visible

This basically deprives me of all options I know - apart from resetting everything - I certainly am not planing on doing that again...

Max_usernameaddaition123, May 8, 2020
Thema:

win 10, I updated bios, then pin is no good. Cant reset pin, computer given to me and prior...

1. win 10, I updated bios, then pin is no good. Cant reset pin, computer given to me and prior... - Similar Threads - updated bios pin

2. i cant log in with pin on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant log in with pin on win 10: As I was logged into my account/pc, it prompted me to create a pin to sign in for the future. I created a 4 digit pin and logged off. When I went to sign in next, it says it can verify my account. So I go to forgot pin to reset my pin and it won't let me. I just go through...
  3. i cant log in with pin on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant log in with pin on win 10: As I was logged into my account/pc, it prompted me to create a pin to sign in for the future. I created a 4 digit pin and logged off. When I went to sign in next, it says it can verify my account. So I go to forgot pin to reset my pin and it won't let me. I just go through...
  4. i cant log in with pin on win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cant Reset forgotten pin

Cant Reset forgotten pin: HI, i recently tried to log in to my account but I quickly found out that to use my account I need my Microsoft pin number which I forgot I'm not signed using the account on any of my windows machines as far as I know and so I haven't found a way to reset it without using...
  6. Cant Reset forgotten pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant Reset forgotten pin: HI, i recently tried to log in to my account but I quickly found out that to use my account I need my Microsoft pin number which I forgot I'm not signed using the account on any of my windows machines as far as I know and so I haven't found a way to reset it without using...
  7. Cant reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reset PIN: Hi, I installed windows 11, and now it wont accept my PIN. It says PIN service is not available. I have tried different troubleshooting under Safe Mode but nothing works. Thanks...
  8. Cant reset PIN

Cant reset PIN: Hi, I installed windows 11, and now it wont accept my PIN. It says PIN service is not available. I have tried different troubleshooting under Safe Mode but nothing works. Thanks...
  9. cant reset pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant reset pin: everytime I go to sign in to my outlook account, it takes my password then asks me for a pin. i do not remember setting up a pin. when i press on i forgot my pin, it tells me to go to Account > settings > signing in options. so this is what i did. Windows + I, signing in...
  10. cant add pin to win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant add pin to win 10: after i updated my pc to the current win 10 update my pin stopped working and when i go to set one up its just asks me for a pin and nothing happens [ATTACH][ATTACH]...