Windows 10: WIN 10 Icon highlighting

Discus and support WIN 10 Icon highlighting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings I have WIN10 in OCT I developed an issue where my icons light up one at a time this is like my cursor is going over every tab on my home page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianBarker5, Jan 19, 2020.

1. WIN 10 Icon highlighting

Greetings I have WIN10 in OCT I developed an issue where my icons light up one at a time this is like my cursor is going over every tab on my home page then across the task bar. I cannot even open up a window to search for help as the cursor won't quit highlighting ever one of my icons or tabs one at a time so I had to borrow a mac to ask this question. No matter what I open by clicking on it I cannot type as my cursor continues to go from tab to tab then icon to icon then across the taskbar and everything in it. I have tried looking for an answer and tried all the fixes that show up for icon and backlighting etc I cannot find a thread with this problem.

I did use my recovery disc and the problem was still there after recovery.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

:)

BrianBarker5, Jan 19, 2020

2. Win 10 Icons problem!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• Are you trying to hide icon in the task bar.

If yes I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type in search bar “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Select the option “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Turn off the icons which you want to hide.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 19, 2020
  3. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2020
  4. WIN 10 Icon highlighting

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

WIN 10 Icon highlighting

1. WIN 10 Icon highlighting - Similar Threads - Icon highlighting

2. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  3. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  4. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Search Highlights Icon

in Cortana
    Windows Search Highlights Icon: The search highlights icon looks to be changing from our company logo that we have set in the admin center under custom themes to random Microsoft images. How can I prevent that from changing to random images and make it keep the company logo like it had been doing?...
  6. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active: Hello,Apologies if the wording of my initial question is a bit confusing. Essentially, if I open an app, it will show up on my taskbar as normal. But instead of all of my currently open apps being highlighted, only the one that's "active" or I'm currently using is...
  7. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active: Hello,Apologies if the wording of my initial question is a bit confusing. Essentially, if I open an app, it will show up on my taskbar as normal. But instead of all of my currently open apps being highlighted, only the one that's "active" or I'm currently using is...
  8. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

9. Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar: This is the icon highlight color for an app on Windows 10, vs Windows 11:The entire point of this feature is for apps to flash when they want to get the user's attention from their peripheral vision, and I rely on this functionality heavily so I don't miss important things...
  10. Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar

Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar: This is the icon highlight color for an app on Windows 10, vs Windows 11:The entire point of this feature is for apps to flash when they want to get the user's attention from their peripheral vision, and I rely on this functionality heavily so I don't miss important things...