Windows 10: Win 10 Image BackUp

Discus and support Win 10 Image BackUp in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Currently I'm running Win 10 on a portable HDD and would like to create an image of it but when I go to "Backup and Restore" window I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gibbothegreat, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Win 10 Image BackUp

Currently I'm running Win 10 on a portable HDD and would like to create an image of it but when I go to "Backup and Restore" window I get the following: This feature is not available in a portable workstation environment.

:)

gibbothegreat, Sep 1, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Sep 1, 2020
  3. rcgldr Win User
    Win 7 image restore breaks ability to see Win 10 image backups

I have a multi-boot system, XP Pro (32 bit), XP Pro X64 (64 bit), Win 7 Pro (64 bit), Win 10 Pro (64 bit). Each OS is on a separate hard drive and partition. The C: partition is boot only (no operating system on it).

I did a system image backup from Win 10 and also from Win 7. Once I do a Win 7 image restore using Win 7 repair (dvd), the Win 10 images backups no longer appear in the list of backups if I later run Win 10 repair or Win 7 repair.

The workaround for this bug is to do a system image backup from Win 7 and include the Win 10 partition in the Win 7 image backup (to Win 7, the Win 10 partition is a "data" partition). The the Win 7 repair will restore the Win 10 partition unless restore to "non-system" partitions is turned off. I confirmed this works by formatting both the Win 7 and Win 10 partitions before doing a repair / restore test.

What I don't understand is what the Win 7 restore changes to my system that prevents the Win 10 backup system images from appearing in the list of image backups. The Win 10 image folders are still present on my hard drive(s).

rcgldr, Sep 1, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Win 10 Image BackUp

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Win 10 Image BackUp [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Image BackUp

1. Win 10 Image BackUp - Similar Threads - Image BackUp

2. Windows Image Backup gets 0X807800A1 error after September Patch Tuesday On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Backup gets 0X807800A1 error after September Patch Tuesday On Windows 10: My Windows Image Backup gets 0X807800A1 error after September 2020 Patch Tuesday On Windows 10 only Still works fine with Windows 7 Using the same USB backup drive that has worked for over a year. Everything still works on my Win7 machines but now after working all this...
  3. Restoring System Image Backup after RAM/SSD changes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image Backup after RAM/SSD changes?: Sorry if this is a dumb question. Would RAM/SSD changes made after creating the backup (in my case, 8GB-> 2x8GB, added a second SSD) cause issues when restoring from a system image backup? submitted by /u/user531800869420 [link] [comments]...
  4. Image backup in Windows dual boot PC (7/10)?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image backup in Windows dual boot PC (7/10)?: I have tended over the years to use Windows' own image backup, which I have found no less reliable than any 3rd. party software I have used (like Macrium). I use Windows 7 far more often than 10 on my dual boot PC, but gradually that is changing... unfortunately. Still much...
  5. Creating a system image/backup onto USB from Lenovo Ideapad

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating a system image/backup onto USB from Lenovo Ideapad: I just got my mum a new Lenovo 14" Ideapad for 200 at Argos, just a cheap computer for watching Netflix and Facebook etc. (suprised at how slow it is actually) Buy Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 1 14in AMD A4 4GB 64GB Cloudbook - Grey | Laptops and netbooks | Argos I also bought a...
  6. Does disk imaging, cloning, backup or any similar activities wear down a drive?

Does disk imaging, cloning, backup or any similar activities wear down a drive?: My systems are all windows 10, with Macrium Reflect as my main backup software. I was doing some of these tasks to make sure my data won't be lost from drive failures when it hit me. Won't these tasks themselves decrease the life of a drive since it has to do with read and...
  7. Backup and restore sees d drive as system drive and wants to image it

Backup and restore sees d drive as system drive and wants to image it: Backup and Restore Windows 7 see my D Drive as a system drive and insists on imaging it. I have some Windows Apps on D that I don't want to put on C for space reasons. The new Flight Simulator is very large and I don't want it on C. Thanks Pat...
  8. Windows 10 system image backup

Windows 10 system image backup: No matter how many times I go into control panel, file history, i can't find 'system image backup', on the left side of the page. or any options list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-image-backup/78afed59-2427-44cb-99f4-fa8bb173907b
  9. VSS Error when making image backup

VSS Error when making image backup: When i start image backup the event logs indicate writers time-outs and the event logs indicate "fail to parse XML file". A non valid character in text content. Looking closer to the logs i can see that one of the partitions RE recovery partition shows a strange GPT-name...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup

Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup: Windows 10 Pro update 2004 causes Windows System Image to not work. After installing Windows 10 Update 2004, attempting to create a System Image Backup brings up the dialog box: “Where do you want to save the backup” and backup then fails displaying another dialog box with...