Windows 10: Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings

Discus and support Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've seen some issues mentioning Windows 10 sysprep'ed and long delays with system settings after deployment. I've seen this with both Win10 Ent and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Colonel.TMan, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings

I've seen some issues mentioning Windows 10 sysprep'ed and long delays with system settings after deployment. I've seen this with both Win10 Ent and Win10 IOT Ent. So there is a commonality with Win 10 in general deploying with an answer file. Has anyone seen this and got past the problem?

My application is in Mfg. system running the process in our plants. We create just a small number of builds separate from corporate builds via SCCM. Our build is very specialized for Mfg. HMI's. I'm testing builds with Win 10 IOT Ent LTSC 2019 build in Audit mode then prepped with an answer file using the Administrator account settings for the default user profile, basic preferences and domain join settings. Accounts be it local or domain experience long delays in system settings. Aside from that all other applications run just fine.

Any help would be great.

Tom

:)

Colonel.TMan, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Delayed expansion and arrays in Win 10 batch files

Sorry, I failed to check what I wrote properly. Now corrected.

I meant to suggest adding
    Code:
    Code:
    Set SourceFile
    because that will list all the variables beginning with the string SourceFile. Here is a demo bat
    Code:
    Code:
    set fred1=aaaa set fred2=bbbb set fred3=cccc set fred pause
    that returns, in response to the set fred line,
    Code:
    Code:
    fred1=aaaa fred2=bbbb fred3=cccc
    Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings [​IMG]

Denis

3. Windows 10 - how to open an XML file by default USING the correct M/S program (XLS, DOC or PPT)?

This is not <quite> the answer, but solved an issue very similar. On a new W10 I needed to set the default app for .xml files to IE. All suggestions using settings did not allow me to specify IE. The only way I found to do this was to locate (any) .xml
    file then 'open with'. Then 'Choose another app'. Then scroll to the bottom of the list and select 'another app'. Finally IE appeared in the list and I could set IE as the default. Obviously this should apply to most other apps.

IanPatterson2, Mar 20, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings

1. Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings - Similar Threads - Images Answer file

2. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer: I made the answer file here Windows Answer File Generator windowsafg.comAre company got hit with a crypto virus and I have to make an easy install for the end user. This is a HP OEM for all are PC Win 10 64 bit. The image was made with Macrium Reflect, then I opened the ISO...
  3. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer: I made the answer file here Windows Answer File Generator windowsafg.comAre company got hit with a crypto virus and I have to make an easy install for the end user. This is a HP OEM for all are PC Win 10 64 bit. The image was made with Macrium Reflect, then I opened the ISO...
  4. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. download .xml file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download .xml file: I am unable to download .xml files and changing the setting doesn't work/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-xml-file/e09a3a25-3436-4466-8f2a-918f6ece0a21
  6. XML Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  7. Custom Image with an answer file unattend.xml /autounattended.xml

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Custom Image with an answer file unattend.xml /autounattended.xml: Hi, I have followed some tutorials and i am not sure why I ran into the following problem. I followed Kari's amazing tutorial but still, i had the same problem. Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 According to Kari's tutorial, Scenario 3 should work....
  8. Delayed expansion and arrays in Win 10 batch files

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed expansion and arrays in Win 10 batch files: I've been researching this one for hours, but can't make any headway... I have a folder with 3 files in it that looks like this: ISO Images > Image 1.iso > Image 2.iso > Image 3.iso I have a batch file that is doing some processing of these ISO images but I'm having a...
  9. Can't set default app for .xml files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set default app for .xml files: I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. I'm trying to set Notepad++ as my default editor for .xml files, without success. I tried: - Open with ..., "Choose another app" and then check the "Always use the app to open .xml file" checkbox. It opens just once in Notepad++, but...
  10. Delete or moving files has a delay. Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete or moving files has a delay. Win 10: Over last few weeks I have been noticing that when I go to delete a file or move it another folder it will actually take around 5-10 seconds to actually execute. I dont mean slow transfer but its like the process hangs for a bit. Weird thing is that it doesn't do it every...