Windows 10: WIN 10 Install fails on initial boot on ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard

Discus and support WIN 10 Install fails on initial boot on ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the following setups. System #1 ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard (Rev 1) AMD FX-8150 CPU 16 GB DDR3 RAM EVGA NVidia GT 1030 Video card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by glen.fine, Oct 22, 2019.

1. glen.fine Win User

WIN 10 Install fails on initial boot on ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard

I have the following setups.

System #1

ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard (Rev 1)

AMD FX-8150 CPU

16 GB DDR3 RAM

EVGA NVidia GT 1030 Video card (PCIe)

1 TB SSD

and

System #2

ASUS P8-z77-V Motherboard

i5 3570K CPU

Intel Integrated Video (onboard)

8 GB RAM

1 TB SSD

Both have HDMI outputs, and a DVD player/reader

Both had Win7 Ultimate installed with the latest Win7 drivers. Cloned the boot drive to an SSD in both systems. Booted the SSD in Win 7 on both systems. Then tried to install Win 10 off of the Win 10 (1903 build).

Install process:

1) Boot on Win 7, Click Setup.exe on installation media.

2) Win 10 install starts

3) System went through entire Win 10 (1903) install.

4) On Win 10 Boot it shows the Welcome screen where my Name appears in the upper left, and "NEXT' appears in the lower right of the screen. I can't select anything. Mouse does not work. Keyboard sort of works. Can hit return and screen refreshes, but does not move to 'next' screen. So USB seems intermittent and unusable.

The keyboard and mouse work perfectly under Win7 and in the UEFI Bios. Only on a Win 10 fresh install boot is there a problem.

This happens on both systems with different install media. System #1 from a Flash drive and #2 from a DVD. Both are the Win 10 (1903 build)

The only item that is the same is these system were purchase in 2012 and 2013 respectively.

:)

glen.fine, Oct 22, 2019
  2. digisys Win User

Asus sabertooth 990fx

Hello guys..

Im planing to buy a Asus sabertooth 990fx R2, which is better Asus sabertooth 990fx R2 or Asus sabertooth 990fx Gen3 R2?

thanks..

digisys, Oct 22, 2019
  3. K9AYUK Win User
    Win 10 upgrade 1607 ; ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ; AMD drivers issues ; Multiple monitors

Hi, I have the first version of Sabertooth 990FX. Can I update it with the new BIOS update (2501 or 2901) for R2 version? Thank you.

Update to bios 2501. Then upgrade to windows 10. Very Stable.

K9AYUK, Oct 22, 2019
  4. WIN 10 Install fails on initial boot on ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard

Win 10 upgrade 1607 ; ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ; AMD drivers issues ; Multiple monitors

Hi, I have the first version of Sabertooth 990FX. Can I update it with the new BIOS update (2501 or 2901) for R2 version? Thank you.

HungNguyen1951, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

WIN 10 Install fails on initial boot on ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard

1. WIN 10 Install fails on initial boot on ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard - Similar Threads - Install fails initial

2. VHD BOOT INITIALIZATION FAILED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VHD BOOT INITIALIZATION FAILED: Hello, I have a problem with booting in windows, I tried to do dual boot on windows 8.1 and windows 11 and when I tried to enter windows 8.1 it gave me a crash and it is blocked in Preparing Automatic Repair, that is, it does not move, it does not give me the menu to select...
  3. VHD BOOT INITIALIZATION FAILED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VHD BOOT INITIALIZATION FAILED: Hello, I have a problem with booting in windows, I tried to do dual boot on windows 8.1 and windows 11 and when I tried to enter windows 8.1 it gave me a crash and it is blocked in Preparing Automatic Repair, that is, it does not move, it does not give me the menu to select...
  4. Win 10 Home on SSD fails to boot after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home on SSD fails to boot after motherboard replacement: Hi All,The motherboard of my PC unexpectedly died on me, so I had to buy a new one. The PC wa couple of years old, so new board is differnt kind than the old one both run Intel i5 thoughThe new MB fails to detect boot that is located on my SSD drive windows 10, home...
  5. Win 10 Home on SSD fails to boot after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home on SSD fails to boot after motherboard replacement: Hi All,The motherboard of my PC unexpectedly died on me, so I had to buy a new one. The PC wa couple of years old, so new board is differnt kind than the old one both run Intel i5 thoughThe new MB fails to detect boot that is located on my SSD drive windows 10, home...
  6. Win 10 Home on SSD fails to boot after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Replacing fail motherboard under win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing fail motherboard under win 10: Motherboard failed and was replaced with identical new one using the old CPU. Will windows 10 still be activated? Or will I have troubles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-fail-motherboard-under-win-10/dab855d1-8a08-4451-aa3b-81d3964157ba
  8. i7 2600K on Asus Sabertooth P67 can't run Win 10. Any solutions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i7 2600K on Asus Sabertooth P67 can't run Win 10. Any solutions?: submitted by /u/C4shFlo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbb07s/i7_2600k_on_asus_sabertooth_p67_cant_run_win_10/
  9. asus z77 sabertooth vs windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus z77 sabertooth vs windows 10 updates: my my why do these updates affect my asusz77 sabertooth so bad when my msiz77 a gd-65 breezes right through em. I cant update ir even use my gtx1080 and GeForce experience stopped working the internet has been a disaster . my standard ahci controller wont start. I pretty...
  10. Cannot boot Win 10 1809 due to "IO1 Initialization Failed" !

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot Win 10 1809 due to "IO1 Initialization Failed" !: My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1809 system has been booting and working fine. Then I created a clone of the entire system disk (120 GB Samsung SSD) using Acronis Disk Director 12.5 booted from a flash drive. When this was finished, I removed the backup device and the DD flash drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 boot up slow fresh install SABERTOOTH 990FX