Windows 10: WIN 10 install - USB dead on Welcome screen on two different systems

Discus and support WIN 10 install - USB dead on Welcome screen on two different systems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the following setups. System #1 ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard (Rev 1) AMD FX-8150 CPU 16 GB DDR3 RAM EVGA NVidia GT 1030 Video card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by glen.fine, Oct 22, 2019.

1. glen.fine Win User

WIN 10 install - USB dead on Welcome screen on two different systems

I have the following setups.

System #1

ASUS 990FX Sabertooth Motherboard (Rev 1)

AMD FX-8150 CPU

16 GB DDR3 RAM

EVGA NVidia GT 1030 Video card (PCIe)

1 TB SSD

and

System #2

ASUS P8-z77-V Motherboard

i5 3570K CPU

Intel Integrated Video (onboard)

8 GB RAM

1 TB SSD

Both have HDMI outputs, and a DVD player/reader

Both had Win7 Ultimate installed with the latest Win7 drivers. Cloned the boot drive to an SSD in both systems. Booted the SSD in Win 7 on both systems. Then tried to install Win 10 off of the Win 10 (1903 build).

Install process:

1) Boot on Win 7, Click Setup.exe on installation media.

2) Win 10 install starts

3) System went through entire Win 10 (1903) install.

4) On Win 10 Boot it shows the Welcome screen where my Name appears in the upper left, and "NEXT' appears in the lower right of the screen. I can't select anything. Mouse does not work. Keyboard sort of works. Can hit return and screen refreshes, but does not move to 'next' screen. So USB seems intermittent and unusable.

The keyboard and mouse work perfectly under Win7 and in the UEFI Bios. Only on a Win 10 fresh install boot is there a problem.

This happens on both systems with different install media. System #1 from a Flash drive and #2 from a DVD. Both are the Win 10 (1903 build)

The only item that is the same is these system were purchase in 2012 and 2013 respectively.

:)

glen.fine, Oct 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 22, 2019
  3. DaveK Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Yeah great guide worked for me, I need to install Win 7 on a new build that I'm doing for someone, will be just my luck the mobo won't let me boot from USB *Roll Eyes WIN 10 install - USB dead on Welcome screen on two different systems :rolleyes:

Yeah some of the installation steps are done in just a second, I was intalling it left the room for 10 minutes came back to check on it to find it at the start screen lol, it installed and rebooted back to the USB, wasn't expecting it to be done so fast.

DaveK, Oct 22, 2019
  4. WIN 10 install - USB dead on Welcome screen on two different systems

Win 10 Can't boot stuck in black screen with blinking cursor

Yesterday suddenly win 10 stop , then return blue screen with the message win need to repair and we will restarted for you , then win boot into black screen with blinking underscore .
    I try to boot win from usb to use repair but it's return cant repair your pc , then through cmd in troubleshooter from usb I use list disk and its return
    DISK 0 Invalid and its dynamic .
    What should I do I hope the hard disk is not dead yet any suggestions please ??

AbobakrOsman, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

WIN 10 install - USB dead on Welcome screen on two different systems

1. WIN 10 install - USB dead on Welcome screen on two different systems - Similar Threads - install USB dead

2. Two different versions of win 10 home.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two different versions of win 10 home.: Good morning. First, I have a copy of win 10 home upgraded from my win 7. It is alive and well. I have version 21H1.I am a "computer tweaker". A long way from a computer "gooroo". I enjoy seeing what I can make them do.I am running a HP Pavilion dv6 with a AMD processor. I...
  3. What's the difference between a win 10 installation usb and a usb recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the difference between a win 10 installation usb and a usb recovery drive: I just watch two videos on how to do it. But what is the difference. Don't they do basically the same thing. Which of the two is better? I want to get something on a usb stick just incase something bad happens in the future and i have a backup plan. submitted by...
  4. Win 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 stuck on welcome screen: hi, for 3 days now i am not able to fix this. whenever my computer boots i get to the welcome screen and when i try to login, it briefly shows the login screen and immediately goes back to the welcome screen. i tried everything from a repair to a safe mode boot to a...
  5. Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?

Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?: I have a Win 10 computer (legal upgrade from Win 7) that gives me terrible problems booting up, re-starting, or shutting down. I would repair the install but I'd lose all/many of my other programs. So what I want to do is have a fresh Windows 10 bare install on a second...
  6. Two installs, different results

Two installs, different results: Hi I have two PC's with W10 Pro, fully updated. When I click the Start button there is a most used section, on one PC there is a list showing the most recent targets, on the other just the program is shown. Why the difference and how do I get the recent targets to...
  7. System dead after install of Windows 10

System dead after install of Windows 10: So I have 2 windows 10 updates, one on this here surface 3 tablet with no issues at all. The second one on my main desktop... sat under my desk in a right old mess. So first of all I'll explain the current system and where it is at. My desktop was running just fine on...
  8. Merging two win 10 installations??

Merging two win 10 installations??: Recently the processor on one of my computers fried and there is quite a bit of software and saved files stored on that computer's HDD. I have another computer that is running the same version of windows, I have already physically installed the HDD from the unusable computer...
  9. Win 10 no sound on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 no sound on welcome screen: OK, I got Windows 10 but when I get to the welcome screen there is no sound like when I had Windows 7. There is no sound only on the welcome screen. Does anyone know why? Sorry didn't know exactly where to put this. Thanks for any info.*092 10430
  10. win 10 welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 welcome screen: How can i stop windows 10 welcome screen please 76638