Windows 10: Win 10 installation doesn't start

Discus and support Win 10 installation doesn't start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys! I'm trying to instal Windows 10 x86 on old computer (notebook) with this hardware configuration: Windows 7 Professional x86 Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dupla, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Dupla Win User

Win 10 installation doesn't start

Hello guys!

I'm trying to instal Windows 10 x86 on old computer (notebook) with this hardware configuration:
    Windows 7 Professional x86
    Intel Celeron 2,40GHz 2,39 GHz
    RAM 1 GB

The computer starts to boot from DVD, there is always showed logo Windows 10 and then after a few minutes the computer restarts and do still the same from the start, show logo... I don't know why it doesn't go farther. Do you have any ideas? Thank you for help.

:)

Dupla, Sep 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 installation doesn't start after forced restart

My system: HP Stream 7

Situation: Windows 10 is downloaded and ready to install

Windows Update and Win 10 installer tell to 'restart' to begin with the update.

However, a restart doesn't trigger the update but boots back to the 8.1 system with the same message to 'restart' to start installing Win 10. I have done this 15+ times, but the installation process doesn't start.

RonP123456789, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Mouse

Nothing helped me.

Again I rolled back to win 10 build 14393.

After that, my problem is solved.

If it is because of the other third party software, then why doesn't it appear on win 10 build 14393.

This problem is in win 10 creators update and in win 10 insider build 16193.

When i installed win 10 insider 16193, the problem got started. At that time no additional software was installed.

sushiltiwary, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

You need to do a upgrade first from within win7 unless you have a retail win10 license key.

A clean install can only be done after you have upgraded first.

5. Dupla Win User
    Really? I did clean instal on a desktop with win7 and it went well.

Dupla, Sep 13, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Yes really, I would check the activation status on that machine.

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    What happens when you run setup.exe on the DVD from within Windows 7? And as Bazz eluded to, Windows 10 clean install will not activate without first having a successful activation via an upgrade.

NavyLCDR, Sep 13, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

He is not running setup.exe he is
    He has also done this before and it all went well.

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I know. And he told us what happens when he boots from the DVD. That's why I asked what happens when he runs setup from within Windows 7.

NavyLCDR, Sep 14, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    Either way, Dupla should not be booting from anything as it should be an upgrade from within Win7, accessed via autorun or from setup.exe in file explorer. Unless of course it is a full standalone (retail) Win10 license

And why are you both assuming Dupla is a he? Dupla may well be a she who happens to be upgrading her laptop *Wink

WhyMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 installation doesn't start - Similar Threads - installation doesn't start

2. Installation of Win 10 does not start.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Win 10 does not start.: Hello everyone A few days ago I bought Windows 10 and wanted to install it on the HP255 G6 (linux was there, whole disk wiped to zero). I have created a disc with (Media Creation Tool) and want to install it. Flash drive and the system starts, the Windows logo appears, and...
  3. Win 10 Onedrive doesn't start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Onedrive doesn't start: I started my workstation this morning and I found my desktop missingnormally the onedrive desktop folder. The error 'location isn't available' showed. I try to manually start onedrive.exe and it just doesn't show up anything. I download the onedrivesetup but again when I...
  4. Win 10 Onedrive doesn't start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Onedrive doesn't start: I started my workstation this morning and I found my desktop missingnormally the onedrive desktop folder. The error 'location isn't available' showed. I try to manually start onedrive.exe and it just doesn't show up anything. I download the onedrivesetup but again when I...
  5. Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot possible with only Win 10 installed to start?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot possible with only Win 10 installed to start?: Plan is to put them both on separate SSDs. All the tutorials I have seen assume you are starting with Windows 7 on the machine and installing Windows 10. I assume I won't have any issues, but if I do, could I take the Win 10 SSD out, install Win 7 on the new SSD, put both...
  6. "PHOTOS" IS ON MY WIN 10 START MENU. It doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "PHOTOS" IS ON MY WIN 10 START MENU. It doesn't work.: "PHOTOS" IS ON MY WIN 10 START MENU. It doesn't work. Attempts to download the app from MS Store says "I (you) already own it." When i click it from the start menu , it attempts to download updates but just sits there and spins. I'm signed in to MS Store...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10, installation doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10, installation doesn't start.: I redeemed a code for the game. I can see it in the windows store but when I click "install" nothing happens. Literally nothing. I can spam the button but nothing changes.< The only peculiar thing that I noticed is that if I try to go to the download page after I clicked...
  8. Win 10 doesn't update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 doesn't update: "Settings--Update & Security--Windows Update" "Updates are available--Downloading 0%" It never moves off the 0% Clicking Details--Update KB3119147 is waiting for download (as well as several other updates) How do I get it to download the updates? 33314
  9. starting win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    starting win 10: Hi first post so be gentle. I have just upgraded to win 10 from win 7 home prem. Using a sony vaio laptop I now have to press Ctrl when the windows icon appears and ctrl alt del to progress the program to run further. this is not a logon issue just a start up issue any...
  10. After Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade Start button doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade Start button doesn't do anything: I upgraded my Win 7 64-bit to Win 10 via the MediaCreationToolx64 download. After the upgrade, when I click on the Windows Start button (or press the Windows button on my keyboard) nothing happens. Also, typing over "Search the web and Windows" doesn't do anything -- my...