Windows 10: Win 10 installation issue

Discus and support Win 10 installation issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; dear group, pleased to speak with you all. i have just bought a "Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-598S Intel Core i5-10300H/8GB/256GB SSD/GTX 1650/15.6" and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UnGuaje, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Win 10 installation issue

dear group, pleased to speak with you all.

i have just bought a "Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-598S Intel Core i5-10300H/8GB/256GB SSD/GTX 1650/15.6" and have a very big problem in terms of OS installation (Win10 pro in my case) and connectivity.

• I run WIN10 from a Bootable CD (an official key)
    • I begin installing WIN10 normally
    • at the connectivity step, where say "let's connect to a network", it does not detect any network. what bothers me is that the WIFI module seems not to work, as i cannot see any connection.
    • i skip this step and i see a superbasic win10 desktop, running 30fps... what shoud i do? do i have to return it? do i have to update the BIOS in order to make "all side pieces" be recognized?

i'm super noob in this. thank you all.

submitted by /u/UnGuaje
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UnGuaje, Nov 26, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 26, 2020
  4. EntropyZ Win User

Win 10 installation issue

Windows 10 issues!

I had a similar issue but it only happen on older hardware, Windows would install the stock drivers which would make it nearly impossible to access the internet. Luckily I had newest Intel and Realtek NIC drivers that ran perfectly on Win 10 x64 1607 version, installing those fixed my that problem.

This also can happen on a non-fresh install of WIn 10, when you try to boot from a different computer/motherboard, after a single failed boot, Windows will try to re-detect and re-install all of the drivers, which definitely won't be the most stable or newest.

I tried everything, flushing cache, resetting router, uninstalling the device completely from the list, removing the LAN connection entirely, none of those helped.

EntropyZ, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 installation issue

1. Win 10 installation issue - Similar Threads - installation issue

2. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  3. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  4. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. IDT driver installation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDT driver installation issue: Hi,I tried to update the existing IDT High Definition Audio CODEC using the latest from below:https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=IDTBut after updating getting error. It shows yellow exclamatory mark and also under properties it says 'This device can start....
  6. IDT driver installation issue

IDT driver installation issue: Hi,I tried to update the existing IDT High Definition Audio CODEC using the latest from below:https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=IDTBut after updating getting error. It shows yellow exclamatory mark and also under properties it says 'This device can start....
  7. IDT driver installation issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues: Hello,I have recently tried to install windows on my Acer aspire laptop. The issue is, when I get to the screen which says “Choose which drive you would like windows to install on”, it lists 3 partitions. If I click on the one I want to use the biggest one it says windows...
  9. Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues

Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues: Hello,I have recently tried to install windows on my Acer aspire laptop. The issue is, when I get to the screen which says “Choose which drive you would like windows to install on”, it lists 3 partitions. If I click on the one I want to use the biggest one it says windows...
  10. Windows 10 Installation Disk Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade