Windows 10: Win 10 Installation Repair Option Not Helpful

Discus and support Win 10 Installation Repair Option Not Helpful in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I insert my USB drive used to install Win 10 Pro and select the Repair option a menu appears.. The menu has 3 options: Continue, Troubleshoot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KCav45, Jan 8, 2021.

1. KCav45 Win User

Win 10 Installation Repair Option Not Helpful

When I insert my USB drive used to install Win 10 Pro and select the Repair option a menu appears..
    The menu has 3 options: Continue, Troubleshoot and Turn off PC.

If I select Troubleshoot a menu appears with options for System Restore, Go Back to Previous Version and Image Replacement.
    If I select System Restore it says "No restore points have been created."
    If I select Go Back to Previous Version, it says not available.
    If I select Image Replacement it says not available.

What do I need to do to make these features available?

:)

KCav45, Jan 8, 2021

2. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Advanced Options Menu to Repair

I would try the following steps in order:

1. Remove the laptop main battery for a few minutes - may reset something
    2. Load BIOS defaults
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free on another PC, create a Reflect USB repair disk then use that disk to repair your laptop
    4. Recover from backup if you have one
    5. Perform a Windows 10 repair install - see instructions on this forum

Steve C, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 Installation Repair Option Not Helpful - Similar Threads - Installation Repair Option

2. Win 10 Pro install - No Update option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro install - No Update option: Hi,Have just used a DVD to install windows 10 Pro and it did install and boots up fine.Trouble is there is no option to Update in Control Panel.System only says 'Win 10 Pro' no version #.It is connected to net okay and everything else seems fine. Plenty of drive space How can...
  3. UNhelpful Win 8.1 Repair "Help"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNhelpful Win 8.1 Repair "Help": Attempting Repair of non-booting Win 8.1 32-bit using install/repair diskAttempting to run sfc /scannow on OS drive & getting "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service" - WTH??Unable to Login to access OS RE Refresh or Cmd due to rejected local Password...
  4. UNhelpful Win 8.1 Repair "Help"

UNhelpful Win 8.1 Repair "Help": Attempting Repair of non-booting Win 8.1 32-bit using install/repair diskAttempting to run sfc /scannow on OS drive & getting "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service" - WTH??Unable to Login to access OS RE Refresh or Cmd due to rejected local Password...
  5. Repair install for win 10 failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair install for win 10 failing: I have Win 10 home ,version 20H2,Build 19042.685. I want to do a repair install be to no avail. I have the win .iso from the Creation kit on a usb drive.I mounted it and tried numerous time running it but not working. Windows update is messed up and I would like to do a...
  6. Windows 10 installation not giving me an option to repair...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation not giving me an option to repair...: [ATTACH] Last night my BIOS reports "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system." BIOS boot error So I removed the boot drive and hooked it up to another PC to see if I can read it... all the files were there and...
  7. WIN 10 Repair

WIN 10 Repair: Is there a win 10 repair download that is good and cheap? 72399
  8. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair: Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems. My...
  9. Win 10 repair install

Win 10 repair install: Since upgrading from Win 7/64 to win 10/64 am getting startup issues such as "page faults". Device manager is fine, hdd is fine, ram is fine, however sfc shows rasman.dll errors. Have tried re-registering the file without success. So I was wondering how does one do a...
  10. repair install help

repair install help: when i try repair install when it says setting things up after a few mins it crashes here is the details how can i fix it as i want too keep my games and things Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 08/09/2015 04:44:51 Event ID: 1000 Task Category:...