Windows 10: Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible?

Discus and support Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought an win 7 pro key several year ago. I used it and upgraded it later on my old PC to win 10 and used it without any problem. Now I bought a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Necr0, May 5, 2020.

1. Necr0 Win User

Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible?

I bought an win 7 pro key several year ago. I used it and upgraded it later on my old PC to win 10 and used it without any problem. Now I bought a new pc. I tried using me win 7 key to install win 10 but it won't work. When I upgraded it on the old one it didn't even asked for the key. Guess it just took the one from the already installed windows. But now with the new pc it didn't accept the key. What can I do now? Is there still a way to use my "old" win 7 key or do I have to buy win 10 now?

[moved from German forums]

:)

Necr0, May 5, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Is it still possible to find a Win 7 install .ISO?

You managed to work it out: congratz!

I had many issues when i moved to Ryzen 5 and could not get Win 7 to install properly because of USB not being detected but i fixed it ... by removing Win 7 ... permanently ...

Now using Ubuntu.

3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, May 5, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Is it still possible to find a Win 7 install .ISO?

Sure beat the tool from Microsoft! I'm guessing it was something todo with Win 10

I now have Win 7 Pro x64 Sp1 installed! I even activated it with what I thought was and OEM key

I couldn't have done this on Win 10 alone. The USB 3.0 drivers I found had .SYS files and Windows 10 would NOT let me copy them. Is there a setting for that somewhere? I couldn't boot with any of the slipstream tools @W1zzard or @Muaadib suggested, it just would not load the drivers!

What I did was make a folder on the target hard drive with the USB 3.0 drivers. After a few tries, it finally read the drivers after browsing to the HDD and continued with the install. During the install, I even wiped the partition on the HDD, drivers were already in memory, so it continued no problem.

God what a painful day. Thanks all...

Sasqui, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible? - Similar Threads - installation key still

2. Win 7 to Win 10 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 to Win 10 key: I have a laptop with win7 key OEM, I updated to windows 10 without problem. Now the Hard Disk is failed, I replace it and now I cant install win 10 with the same key, What can I do?...
  3. Win 7 to Win 10 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 to Win 10 key: I have a laptop with win7 key OEM, I updated to windows 10 without problem. Now the Hard Disk is failed, I replace it and now I cant install win 10 with the same key, What can I do?...
  4. Win 7 to Win 10 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 7 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 key: Had to reinstall Win 7. Bought from closing computer store. Label Part No. :X18-81962going to repair Internal Part: FQC-08289 Win Pro 7 SP1 x64 English 1pk DSP OEI DVDEnd Item PN : FQC-08289 Carton N0. :SP14000106218COA Barcodes : 00186091927986 Installed 2 yrs ago. Drive...
  6. Upgrading from a possibly corrupted Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from a possibly corrupted Win 7 to Win 10: I have a great dell laptop. 10 years old but has an intel i7 and is probably still better than most new computers for under $1k today. I can't download my company's work from home software (Citrix Workplace) and I gather its because I haven't updated my windows in 6 years. My...
  7. Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot possible with only Win 10 installed to start?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot possible with only Win 10 installed to start?: Plan is to put them both on separate SSDs. All the tutorials I have seen assume you are starting with Windows 7 on the machine and installing Windows 10. I assume I won't have any issues, but if I do, could I take the Win 10 SSD out, install Win 7 on the new SSD, put both...
  8. Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?: I started with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit then upgraded to Ultimate some time ago however it's getting slower so would like to upgrade to Win 10. I know the free upgrade offer expired some time ago so wondering if it's still possible ? Not a techie.... 122701
  9. Install WIN 10 on a PC tha has a WIN 7 key.

Install WIN 10 on a PC tha has a WIN 7 key.: Hi, Searched the forum for possible solutions but did not find any. I have machine to convert to Win 10. The PC came with WIN 7 installed, but this was replaced with Win XP ( the current installed OS). I have a USB media stick with WIN 10 on it created from a direct...
  10. Win 7 to Win 10 without a Win 10 product key?

Win 7 to Win 10 without a Win 10 product key?: Hello All: I just did the free upgrade from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home. I was quite surprised to see that MS still offered the free upgrade. MY PC is a CTO which came with Win 7 Home, 6 years ago. The upgrade went smoothly with the exception of a few new drivers for some...