Windows 10: WIN 10 Installer can't NVMe

Discus and support WIN 10 Installer can't NVMe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; morning, i have a stupid problem. I have a Crucial P1 500GB NVMe + GB B450 Gaming X + Ryzen 5 3600. If I boot it at linux i got nice access to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chaosforcer, Jun 1, 2020.

1. WIN 10 Installer can't NVMe

morning, i have a stupid problem.

I have a Crucial P1 500GB NVMe + GB B450 Gaming X + Ryzen 5 3600.

If I boot it at linux i got nice access to my nvme but if i try to install win 10 on it, it didn't show up WIN 10 Installer can't NVMe :(

I can't find any drivers for the nvm on the crucial website. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/chaosforcer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chaosforcer, Jun 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, Jun 1, 2020
  4. DTM87675 Win User

WIN 10 Installer can't NVMe

Upgrading to a larger NVMe on laptop

My laptop has a 256GB NVMe and I'd like to install a 1TB NVMe.

After installing the new 1TB NVMe how do I go about reinstalling Win 10? I bought my laptop used so I don't have the Win 10 CDs.

DTM87675, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

WIN 10 Installer can't NVMe

1. WIN 10 Installer can't NVMe - Similar Threads - Installer can't NVMe

2. Can't Install Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Win 10: Greetings. My desktop O/S is Win 10 in a Inspiron 546 The operating system is installed via digital license from Microsoft. At about the same time, I created a USB drive , following the instructions given by Microsoft and used it to successfully install Win 10 on my wife's...
  3. Can't Install Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install Win 10: Greetings. My desktop O/S is Win 10 in a Inspiron 546 The operating system is installed via digital license from Microsoft. At about the same time, I created a USB drive , following the instructions given by Microsoft and used it to successfully install Win 10 on my wife's...
  4. Can't Install Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. NVME gone after Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME gone after Win 10 Update: HI everyone,A Windows 10 Pro update was installed yesterday and since then my NVME was not reconized by windows anymore. It Shows up in the Bios and also when I had to reinstall windows.After the reinstall Windows again pulled updates and after the second restart where the...
  6. Can't install Skhynix NVME Toolbox SSD firmware

Can't install Skhynix NVME Toolbox SSD firmware: I have a Hewlett Packard laptop. I installed a Skhynix driver, but when I clicked to update the firmware I get the message: ACTIVATE ERROR: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error 0x45d. 172620
  7. Can't install Win 10 Education

Can't install Win 10 Education: Hi all, I have a laptop that previously had Win 10 Enterprise on it (OEM), installed by my department. I formatted the C partition and am now trying to install Win 10 Education with a valid key. The installer installs Win 10 Home, and when I enter my key to upgrade, I keep...
  8. Cloning NVME's with Windows 10 installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning NVME's with Windows 10 installed: I intend to take an existing nvme complete with Windows 10 and duplicate it (using a nvme duplicator hardware device) onto 5 new nvme's and install those duplicated nvme's into 5 new pc's. My question relates to activation/registration. Is it safe to assume that as long as I...
  9. NVME issues for booting win 10

NVME issues for booting win 10: Hi, I was recently rebuilding my PC and decided to upgrade to a 2TB PCIE 4 NVME. I also Previously had a Samsung 960 PRO. I did a clean install from a USBC SSD. For some reason, I have to have my BIOS set to legacy in order to recognize and boot from the new NVME. How can I...
  10. Clean install Win-10 Pro on NVMe

Clean install Win-10 Pro on NVMe: Hello, Got a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with 1TB NVMe and Win-10 Home. Made an image and now would like to clean install my retail Win-10 Pro on it. What should I keep in mind while installing OS on a NVMe drive? Overprovisioning? TRIM? Win-10 Index disable? Win-10 defrag...