Windows 10: Win 10 Installer will not boot

Discus and support Win 10 Installer will not boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, So im attempting to replace an M.2 SSD card where the OS is currently housed and do a complete clean install of the OS onto the new M.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SK2020, Dec 29, 2020.

1. SK2020 Win User

Win 10 Installer will not boot

Hello All,

So im attempting to replace an M.2 SSD card where the OS is currently housed and do a complete clean install of the OS onto the new M.2 card. I have followed the instructions to the T on creating the boot media of the Media Creation Tool for both a USB drive and cd/dvd. I have an old laptop that i have used to verify that both the USB drive and the DVD are in fact bootable, which they are.

When attempting to use the usb drive to boot the OS for the install onto the new M.2 SSD, it fails to boot. All that happens is the windows logo briefly appears then cuts out. I have tried using all of the usb porta on the PC, Ive tried changing the boot order, tried uefa and legacy options, made aure the cms was disabled and no such luck. I have even tried all of the exact same options using the dvd to boot, and it wont even boot from the dvd.

Any help would be appreciated as i am out of ideas/options having scoured blogs and community posts on this exact same issue and every idea so far that people have suggested doesnt seem to work.

Further info for consideration:

Custom PC build with an MSI B350 Tomahawk Mobo w/ Arsensal Gaming BIOS.

:)

SK2020, Dec 29, 2020
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Dec 29, 2020
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Win 10 Installer will not boot

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Installer will not boot

1. Win 10 Installer will not boot - Similar Threads - Installer boot

2. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  3. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  4. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  5. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  6. How to install Windows 10 pro for dual boot without it automatically use the same license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 pro for dual boot without it automatically use the same license...: Hey everyone, recently I tried to install Windows 10 Pro for dual boot, and it automatically use the same activation key from my Windows 11 Pro. Thankfully I managed to get rid the Windows 10 Pro in fear of Microsoft blocking my activation key. Is there any way to use Windows...
  7. How to install Windows 10 pro for dual boot without it automatically use the same license...

How to install Windows 10 pro for dual boot without it automatically use the same license...: Hey everyone, recently I tried to install Windows 10 Pro for dual boot, and it automatically use the same activation key from my Windows 11 Pro. Thankfully I managed to get rid the Windows 10 Pro in fear of Microsoft blocking my activation key. Is there any way to use Windows...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly boots into windows 7 installation screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 suddenly boots into windows 7 installation screen: I have a system which has been running windows 10 ever since it was built about 8 years ago. Suddenly out of the blue, when switched on, it has booted itself into a windows 7 installation screen. There has never been windows 7 on the drive, and there is no windows 7...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly boots into windows 7 installation screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 suddenly boots into windows 7 installation screen: I have a system which has been running windows 10 ever since it was built about 8 years ago. Suddenly out of the blue, when switched on, it has booted itself into a windows 7 installation screen. There has never been windows 7 on the drive, and there is no windows 7...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly boots into windows 7 installation screen