Windows 10: Win 10 IO Performance

Discus and support Win 10 IO Performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; to all, I am on the latest version of WIN 10 (1903) with all updates current, and have in the last week or so had my I-O rate up in the 85-100 range... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RickODom, Jul 20, 2019.

1. RickODom Win User

Win 10 IO Performance

to all,

I am on the latest version of WIN 10 (1903) with all updates current, and have in the last week or so had my I-O rate up in the 85-100 range constantly after being never above 15% except during start up or program initiation. I have updated all drivers and have done work on the swap file and memory with very little luck. Are there any tools that can be used to pinpoint the culprit causing the IO increase. CHKDSK did not reveal any problems. Any help would be really appreciated. BTW, I have similar configs on 3 other PCs and they all run terrific with very very low IO.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

RICKO

:)

RickODom, Jul 20, 2019

2. Win 10 performance

Hi Leiv,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

As you have tried to Reset/system restore/clean boot, I suggest you to try the steps suggested in the previous post to repair your computer using the Windows 10 Installation media.

Kindly get back to us with the updates after performing the suggested steps in the previous post. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Win 10 performance

Hi Leiv,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What are the various options you have tried to repair the computer?

• Are you able to boot into the computer using normal mode?

• Do you get any error message when you try to boot the computer?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check you are able to repair the computer.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer to below link to create Windows 10 installation media from another laptop/computer.

Download Windows 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Refer the below link on how to install Windows 10 using media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Step 2:

After performing above step, I suggest you to repair your computer
    by using Windows 10 installation media you have created.

Change startup settings in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Win 10 IO Performance

Performance

Hi Ravivarma,

Since you are still experiencing the same issue even after performing a clean boot, you can check and follow the steps provided on this
    link. The tips on the link are listed in order, so we suggest that you start with the first one. If the issue
    persists, proceed to the next method.

Should you have further concerns, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 IO Performance

1. Win 10 IO Performance - Similar Threads - Performance

2. System Performance Issues after HSN Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Performance Issues after HSN Error: What isa hsn error and will that slow your computer down. About 2 days ago my computer slowed down so much that is will take about 10 minutes to start and web pages will stop responding. I have Windows 11 and I bought this laptop in Nov 2023....
  3. System Performance Issues after HSN Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Performance Issues after HSN Error: What isa hsn error and will that slow your computer down. About 2 days ago my computer slowed down so much that is will take about 10 minutes to start and web pages will stop responding. I have Windows 11 and I bought this laptop in Nov 2023....
  4. How to get back high performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back high performance?: Hi, I am on windows 10 and I am trying to get more FPS in Minecraft, I attempted to choose the "High Performance" plan in power options, however it was not there. After doing the CMD health scan restore stuff, it still did not work. Basically, all the normal stuff that is...
  5. How to get back high performance?

How to get back high performance?: Hi, I am on windows 10 and I am trying to get more FPS in Minecraft, I attempted to choose the "High Performance" plan in power options, however it was not there. After doing the CMD health scan restore stuff, it still did not work. Basically, all the normal stuff that is...
  6. How to get back high performance?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  8. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  9. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51