Windows 10: Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings.

Discus and support Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On July 16, my PC automatically update to the Win 10 Version 2004. The screen savers have stopped, an issue since I am running BOINC. The display also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L.J. Not a Win Fan, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings.

On July 16, my PC automatically update to the Win 10 Version 2004. The screen savers have stopped, an issue since I am running BOINC. The display also quit shutting down after 30 minutes. I recovered to 1903 and the issues went away. Last night the PC did it again. Same issues. I've jumped back and this time the issues were not fixed.

:)

L.J. Not a Win Fan, Aug 1, 2020
  2. travisd Win User

No Screensaver after 10 update

Same issue here: The screensaver and screen off power options don't ever activate, no matter what settings. Even if I lock the system myself (Win+L), it doesn't work.
    Scenario:
    • Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro)
    • NVidia GeForce with Windows 10 drivers (3x monitors, issue happens when using NVidia surround or multi-monitor)

travisd, Aug 1, 2020
  3. JATownes Win User
    screensaver versus no screensaver

No screensaver, just set the monitor to power down after 10 minutes though. I do miss the days of badass 3-D screensavers sometimes though.

JATownes, Aug 1, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings.

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings. :)

terrace, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings.

1. Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings. - Similar Threads - July 2020 Update

2. Screensaver & Power Management no longer working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver & Power Management no longer working: Greetings! Recently I noticed that the screensaver on my Windows desktop PC stopped working. Also, the power settings automatic display off / computer sleep no longer work. According to ver, I'm using "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.630]" I can't think of anything...
  3. July 2020 windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    July 2020 windows 10 update: After the July 2020 update to windows 10, my laptop doesn't start normally. It goes through the BIOS, restarts then it tells me, "Preparing for Automatic repair" and takes me to the troubleshooting, advanced options and maintenance menu. All this happens *very* slowly. I...
  4. July 28, 2020 Updates

July 28, 2020 Updates: I'm running Windows 10 Home, Ver 1903, OS 18362.900 I have a 64 bit system. Today, July 28, I received multiple updates to Win 10. My printer quit working only because of the updates. Same thing happened Jul 3 and after hours of work someone from directly.com told me...
  5. July 24 2020 Windows 10 update

July 24 2020 Windows 10 update: I received a Windows 10 update yesterday. Since then, my windows games Solitaire, Hearts, Minefield, ... don't work. When I try to start them, nothing happens. I checked the application event logs and there is no indication of anything there. Has anyone else seen this?...
  6. Microsoft July 2020 Security Updates

Microsoft July 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes July 2020 Security Updates Release Date: July 14, 2020 The July 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge Chromium-based in IE Mode Microsoft ChakraCore...
  7. July 03, 2020 Update

July 03, 2020 Update: The July 03, 2020 update has frozen my computer. I cannot get into BOOT at startup, but after a very long time the login screen finally comes up. The system accepts my password, then stops. It will go no further. After several minutes a small window called "Personalized...
  8. Win 10 update - July 10th

Win 10 update - July 10th: Hi all The Win 10 update today, July 10th, fixed a lot of the issues I got from the last update. To mention a few: Swtiching Keyboard input keys in another languge = fixed (1 key refused to work after last update) Windows Immersive desktop environment FINALLY looked...
  9. July 10 2018 Update killed my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    July 10 2018 Update killed my wifi: I updated Windows on my HP Envy 14 Notebook (product ID# J9L59US#ABA) yesterday, July 10, 2018. After the update was installed I shut down, and when I booted up this morning, I had no Wifi. Not that I couldn't connect to a network. WiFi is no longer an option on my laptop....
  10. Best power saving settings for screensaver?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best power saving settings for screensaver?: I'm a bit confused regarding the different types of power saving (screen turn off, sleep) available on Windows 10, and would be grateful if someone could suggest the best set-up for my situtation. I turn on my home PC every morning when I get up, and turn it off before I go...