Windows 10: Win 10 keeps generating scan drive for errors

Discus and support Win 10 keeps generating scan drive for errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two weeks back, I bought a brand new MSI GF63 Thin 9RCX i5 9th Gen Laptop. It came pre-installed with Win 10 home. It worked fine for a couple of days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuyashNepal, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Win 10 keeps generating scan drive for errors

Two weeks back, I bought a brand new MSI GF63 Thin 9RCX i5 9th Gen Laptop. It came pre-installed with Win 10 home. It worked fine for a couple of days but then started generating "scan drive for errors" message everytime I booted the laptop. Once I scan the drive, it prompts me to restart the PC to repair the drive. I do that and mostly it's this "Your PC did not start correctly" message. Like am I not supposed to press the POWER BUTTON?! I googled this issue and found that this happens mostly due to corrupt system files and/or hard disk failure. So, I ran sfc /scannow and DISM Online restore. This did solve the problem for a while but a day later, the same problem. What is the issue?

Laptop specs:

Processor: i5-9300H 2.40GHz

RAM: 8gb

Storage:HDD 1TB Seagate ST1000LM049

Windows build: 1809

And btw when I try to do a feature update to win10 1909, it fails almost everytime.

:)

SuyashNepal, Jul 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Keeps generating errors, scan drive alerts & Failing

Hi Albert,

Corrupted system files are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We need additional information to help isolate your concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• What application are you using when doing a drive scan?
    • What error messages are you getting whenever scanning a drive?
    • What happens to your computer after performing a scan drive? Are you getting a blue screen error?
    In the meantime, we recommend performing a System File Checker to help check possible corruption in the system files of your computer. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jul 9, 2020
  3. FMTUser Win User
    Windows Fax and Scan of Win 10 Pro - not working

Please help me generate solution; I need a step-by-step for it.

I have the ff:

• USR5637 FaxMoDem; driver is installed and recognized by Win 10 Pro Build 17134; no error mark on Device Manager
    • Connected to USB Comm Port 4
    • Connected to Arris Router's RJ11 Port
    • The Windows Fax and Scan - Desktop App, is also setup
    • I tried sending fax using The Windows Fax and Scan - Desktop App, but it fails and displays "fax is not sent due to unexpected error"
    • I tried it many times.
    • Desktop is Dell XPS 8700
    Thank you in advance.

I

FMTUser, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Win 10 keeps generating scan drive for errors

Error: problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it when connecting an HD drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get a clear picture of the issue, we will need the following details:

• When exactly are you receiving the error message?
    • Have you tried connecting the drive to any other USB port?
    • Are you able to access the drive on any other computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer and the HD drive?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

You can scan the drive for errors by following the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Right click on the HD Drive and select
      Properties.
    4. Click on Tools tab, under
      Error Checking
      click on Check. This will scan the drive for error and fix them.
    Note: If any bad sectors are found on the hard drive while Windows try to repair the sectors, data on the sectors might be lost.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 keeps generating scan drive for errors

1. Win 10 keeps generating scan drive for errors - Similar Threads - keeps generating scan

2. Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Encountering the Scan drive for errors notification on your Windows computer randomly can be a maddening experience. It appears especially when the installation of a program fails due to the Internet disconnection or its partial download. Upon resuming the process,...
  3. Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing: As the subject says, the notification "scan drive for errors" keeps on appearing, I have clicked it thinking that it will be fixed but no because a few hours or days later it appears again. This has been going on for weeks now and it is really annoying as it can appear at any...
  4. Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing: As the subject says, the notification "scan drive for errors" keeps on appearing, I have clicked it thinking that it will be fixed but no because a few hours or days later it appears again. This has been going on for weeks now and it is really annoying as it can appear at any...
  5. Scan drive Error keep occurring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scan drive Error keep occurring: Hi all, The Scan drive error notification keeps popping up, I already attempt to do the Chkdsk /scan and all its variation, every time when the notification popup, I have to run the scan after restarting my machine it seems like it degrades my machine to the point where I...
  6. About scan drive errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About scan drive errors: i have lenovo ideapad 330 with windows 10 home. I get notification again and again about scan drive errors. What should i do please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-scan-drive-errors/1ae13bb5-dc0c-480a-b2b0-bb99de9d57c7
  7. Scan for drive errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan for drive errors: I had recently experienced a problem with my device. I am unable to understand why it is happening. Initially i got a notification regarding the "scan drive for errors, restart to fix", when i restarted my device it says, repairing disk errors this might take over an hour to...
  8. win 10 drive error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 drive error: I constantly have the notification to restart fix drive error. it never goes away. ran advanced repair said could not fix. running 10. no of course no back up. wanted to go back to win 8 but cant, and there are no stored files to go back to in restore. actually went a bought...
  9. Scan drive for errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scan drive for errors: I keep getting a notification to scan drive for errors: [img] It says to "Click to start scan" and it does nothing. I ran Chkdsk /scan as stated in "Event Viewer" and rebooted, but the message does not go away; even after clearing, it comes back. 97759
  10. Help - Keep getting Scan Drive for Errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help - Keep getting Scan Drive for Errors: I guess the title says it all. I keep getting notification about scanning my drive for errors ever since my dad restarted the PC while it was switched on forcefully using the power button. I know that is not the correct way of switching off or restarting a PC. Ever since,...