Windows 10: Win 10 keeps switching back to Lock Screen within 30-40 secs of inactivity and cannot make...

Discus and support Win 10 keeps switching back to Lock Screen within 30-40 secs of inactivity and cannot make... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I inadvertently installed a screensaver that was not compatible with Win 10 20H2 so I uninstalled it. After doing so my computer switches to the lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Debb_1990, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Debb_1990 Win User

Win 10 keeps switching back to Lock Screen within 30-40 secs of inactivity and cannot make...

I inadvertently installed a screensaver that was not compatible with Win 10 20H2 so I uninstalled it. After doing so my computer switches to the lock screen for login within 30 to 40 seconds of inactivity. I have all settings to never, such as sleep, hibernate etc. All settings remained the same as I had them set ... to Never. I have tried calling microsoft support which the number no longer works. The recording to that aid to use help.microsoft dot com. At first I tried the online chat ... the fella stopped responding after I asked if there was no way to fix this without a hassle he told me to reinstall windows!! and so I went back through and tried the one to have them call me back. Anyway, after 3 attempts which get disconnected right after being connected to the support automated system I am now here, hoping someone can help me get this sorted out. I am very frustrated with continually having to log back onto my system.

Help please.

:)

Debb_1990, Jan 27, 2021

2. Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jan 27, 2021
  3. WeeGeeEmm Win User
    Screen keeps refreshing all the icons about every 30-40 seconds in Windows 10.

Original title: Install of Windows 10

After installing Win 10, my main screen keeps refreshing all the icons about every 30-40 seconds. This sometimes kicks me off of my project and always interrupts my typing. Help desk was not. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, this does not allow my screen to sleep.

WeeGeeEmm, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Win 10 keeps switching back to Lock Screen within 30-40 secs of inactivity and cannot make...

Switch user from lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to switch user from lock screen. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

Once you lock the computer, to switch from one user account to another from the lock screen, select the user name from the list of available users at the bottom left of the sign-in screen, enter the credentials to sign-in.

Below is a screenshot of lock screen for reference:

Win 10 keeps switching back to Lock Screen within 30-40 secs of inactivity and cannot make... c2a15387-8165-46f6-8ab0-904d80af2e1b?upload=true.jpg

However, if you wish to switch user without locking the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 keeps switching back to Lock Screen within 30-40 secs of inactivity and cannot make... - Similar Threads - keeps switching Lock

2. Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.: New PC w/Win 11 and Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open unless network disabled. A search revealed the same problem reported for a couple of years. As reported, disable network and Wordpad opens instantly. Why hasn't MS fixed it? Same with AutoPlay which hasn't worked for several...
  3. Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.: New PC w/Win 11 and Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open unless network disabled. A search revealed the same problem reported for a couple of years. As reported, disable network and Wordpad opens instantly. Why hasn't MS fixed it? Same with AutoPlay which hasn't worked for several...
  4. Win 10 Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Screen Lock: Are Microsoft programmers seriously losing it or is human resources hiring their friends? Why am I here trying to figure out how to stop the screen saver from activating..... it is set to NEVER and NEVER and the screen lock keeps activating after 30 seconds? This...
  5. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  6. Laptop keeps showing lock screen after a minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps showing lock screen after a minute of inactivity: Hi all, I've recently encountered this issue and after googling for a few hours, I'm nowhere closer to fixing it. My laptop (MSI GL65 9SC), running Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS build 19042.746, keeps showing the lock screen after about a minute or two of inactivity, prompting...
  7. Volume licencing for 30 to 40 computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume licencing for 30 to 40 computers: Hey there! I'm looking at some volume licencing for Windows 10 on behalf of a friend in Thailand. One Windows Pro licence is usually 200 USD. Is there a volume discount for between 30 to 40 computers? Thanks! submitted by /u/12UIUX [link] [comments]...
  8. after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless...: after unlocking win 10 system goes back to lock screen after 10 to 30 seconds unless certail programs are running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-unlocking-win-10-system-goes-back-to-lock/a189f2c8-61c2-4d01-b4b8-ebb23aa63461
  9. Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes: Hello All, My Windows 10 is frequently crashing a lot. Its been almost a week now. I have no idea how to analyze the root cause of the problem. The problem seems to start when I'm using office products such as Excel and Word and sometimes both at the same time. Can...
  10. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...