Windows 10: win 10 key and switch license to another computer

Discus and support win 10 key and switch license to another computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to uninstall win 10 pro retail from one machine and use it to upgrade the win 10 home on my laptop. The first machine is going to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JerryPincivero, Dec 31, 2020.

1. win 10 key and switch license to another computer

I am trying to uninstall win 10 pro retail from one machine and use it to upgrade the win 10 home on my laptop. The first machine is going to be decommissioned.

:)

JerryPincivero, Dec 31, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Dec 31, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Irony Win User

win 10 key and switch license to another computer

SCCM: In Place upgrade Win 7to win 10 1903 License issue

I was working on one task sequence for In Place Upgrade. Win 10 1709 to Win 10 1903 is working fine.

But Win 7 to Win 10 1903 is getting failed during Upgrade Operating System step.

I checked some of the links and added the KMS Client Keys (NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43) in upgrade operating system step.

Also added one step to run vbs script.

But Task Sequence is getting failed at this step.

Command line Cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43 returned 3221549136

In my environment, we are using KMS and we don't have a Volume license.

Any advise how to resolve this issue.

Irony, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

win 10 key and switch license to another computer

1. win 10 key and switch license to another computer - Similar Threads - key switch license

2. win 10 & 11 license keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 & 11 license keys: Hi Team,I bought multiple license keys for win10 & win 11 for future purpose.Right now I am using only 1 PC with activated license key.To protect all my licenses I would like to link them with my MS account, so they could not be stolen by other users, parties, etc.Could you...
  3. win 10 & 11 license keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 & 11 license keys: Hi Team,I bought multiple license keys for win10 & win 11 for future purpose.Right now I am using only 1 PC with activated license key.To protect all my licenses I would like to link them with my MS account, so they could not be stolen by other users, parties, etc.Could you...
  4. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  5. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  6. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. License to another computer issue

License to another computer issue: I have an old computer with a windows 10 license. I bought it in windows store on April 13, 2019. The license shows up like this:[ATTACH] I bought a new PC to which I want to assign windows license that I already have on older pc that I was writing previously. I installed...
  8. Transfering windows 10 license to another computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering windows 10 license to another computer?: Hi there, I have a laptop bought in 2017 which came with Windows 10. I no longer use this laptop, and am planning to build a new PC. Can I transfer the Windows 10 license from that laptop to my new PC? submitted by /u/greenstuffs21 [link] [comments]...
  9. Possible switching Win 10 licenses?

Possible switching Win 10 licenses?: I had A PC running a free upgrade Win 10 Pro, but had to replace the mother board. The "new" mother board was actually used, with Win 10 Home linked. I linked them both to my Microsoft account, and yet Windows would not activate, complaining that the license is for Home....
  10. Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...