Windows 10: Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

Discus and support Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs if I persist in trying Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smartalecktexan, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

:)

smartalecktexan, Nov 22, 2015

2. Keystroke for scrolling through taskbar icons?

Hello,

Back when I was using Windows XP, I remember learning a keystroke that allowed you to scroll through all the icons currently on the taskbar and select them just by pressing enter.

I don't remember what this keystroke was, but I think it involved the "Start Menu" button (which became the "Start Screen" button in Win 8).

Does this keystroke still exist for Win 10 as far as anyone knows?

Thanks

ML20080418, Nov 22, 2015
  3. CANNOT TURN OFF TOGLE KEYS BEEPS!

Win-10 Pro

The toggle keys option is unchecked and I constantly get the extremely annoying beeps. How can this be fixed? It is slowly driving me bonkers!

BTW holding the NumLock down for 5 seconds in another message didn't help.

USN-SPARKS, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

1. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers - Similar Threads - keystrokes bonkers

2. Win10 tries to access network with every keystroke, why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 tries to access network with every keystroke, why?: In Notepad, if I open a text file located on a network share drive, each character that I type causes notepad to use the network, or better still, if I just drag the notepad window around the desktop it uses network and slows the movement of the window. I am seeing the...
  3. Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse...: My Logitech wireless keyboard intermittently is not responsive to keystrokes and the mouse becomes jumpy and non responsive. I have the same set up at home that I do at work. This issue is prevalent on both machines. Both machines are running windows 10 Both machines...
  4. [Help] How do I get Task Scheduler to press a keystroke after opening an app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] How do I get Task Scheduler to press a keystroke after opening an app?: I have an app which I need to open at a particular time and check a radio button that says "activate" With Task Scheduler I can set it to open at the right time but cannot figure out how to get it to enter a keystroke, if I could get it to press spacebar it would check the...
  5. keystroke to turn off windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    keystroke to turn off windows defender: My Windows 10 version is 2004 build 19041.388 very often, I have to turn off Windows defender to work on a file or to transfer it across my network (peer to peer). when I go through the usual steps to turn off windows defender settings update & security Windows security...
  6. Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade: When I start my computer the login password repeats first keystroke until I strike another key. This only started after Windows upgrade. I have uninstalled the keyboard and turned off the repeat option. Anyone know why or how to fix?...
  7. Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords: Not sure how to explain this but.. You know when you type your password and input one character that shows, then you input another one and the previous one hides and the new one shows? I've noticed the majority of sites do this but there's also one's that hide your password...
  8. Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords: Not sure how to explain this but.. You know when you type your password and input one character that shows, then you input another one and the previous one hides and the new one shows? I've noticed the majority of sites do this but there's also one's that hide your password...
  9. Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes: I have tried 2 different microsoft keyboards on 2 different WIN 10 laptops with Win 10 recently updated, they are both missing keystrokes now, I believe due to the Windows 10 update. A cheap Amazon basics keyboard from my husband's compute works, but not any of my microsoft...
  10. Phantom keystrokes - W key keeps repeating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom keystrokes - W key keeps repeating: If on my laptop keyboard I keep the W key pressed for a few seconds, then it keeps delivering a W input after I release it, sometimes for 5 seconds or so after I stopped pressing it. The longer I keep it pressed, the longer the phantom input continues for after I lift my...