Windows 10: Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

Discus and support Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs if I persist in trying Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smartalecktexan, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

:)

smartalecktexan, Nov 22, 2015

2. Keystroke for scrolling through taskbar icons?

Hello,

Back when I was using Windows XP, I remember learning a keystroke that allowed you to scroll through all the icons currently on the taskbar and select them just by pressing enter.

I don't remember what this keystroke was, but I think it involved the "Start Menu" button (which became the "Start Screen" button in Win 8).

Does this keystroke still exist for Win 10 as far as anyone knows?

Thanks

ML20080418, Nov 22, 2015
  3. CANNOT TURN OFF TOGLE KEYS BEEPS!

Win-10 Pro

The toggle keys option is unchecked and I constantly get the extremely annoying beeps. How can this be fixed? It is slowly driving me bonkers!

BTW holding the NumLock down for 5 seconds in another message didn't help.

USN-SPARKS, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

1. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers - Similar Threads - keystrokes bonkers

2. Need help: keystroke combinations for accents don't work in some situations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help: keystroke combinations for accents don't work in some situations: I am learning Spanish and often need to use accented vowels or the Spanish letter "ene" n with the ~ over top. Note that in some apps, like Wordpad and Notepad, I can just hold ctrl, hit apostrophe and then a, e, i, o or u to get the vowel with the accent over top, or ctrl...
  3. Need help: keystroke combinations for accents don't work in some situations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help: keystroke combinations for accents don't work in some situations: I am learning Spanish and often need to use accented vowels or the Spanish letter "ene" n with the ~ over top. Note that in some apps, like Wordpad and Notepad, I can just hold ctrl, hit apostrophe and then a, e, i, o or u to get the vowel with the accent over top, or ctrl...
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Missing Keystrokes and Shift commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Missing Keystrokes and Shift commands: My co-worker and I both have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and both have experienced dropped keystrokes and missed shift commands for capitalization for quite some time. Is there an update or a way to fix this? It makes the keyboard very frustrating to use at times....
  5. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Missing Keystrokes and Shift commands

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Missing Keystrokes and Shift commands: My co-worker and I both have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and both have experienced dropped keystrokes and missed shift commands for capitalization for quite some time. Is there an update or a way to fix this? It makes the keyboard very frustrating to use at times....
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Missing Keystrokes and Shift commands

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a keystroke for Dictate?: I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been done? How do I do it? I'd use keys like this:...
  8. Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

Creating a keystroke for Dictate?: I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been done? How do I do it? I'd use keys like this:...
  9. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?: 'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.As the title says, every single key is turning up and only up the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair...
  10. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?: 'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.As the title says, every single key is turning up and only up the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair...