Windows 10: Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

Discus and support Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs if I persist in trying Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smartalecktexan, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

:)

smartalecktexan, Nov 22, 2015

2. Keystroke for scrolling through taskbar icons?

Hello,

Back when I was using Windows XP, I remember learning a keystroke that allowed you to scroll through all the icons currently on the taskbar and select them just by pressing enter.

I don't remember what this keystroke was, but I think it involved the "Start Menu" button (which became the "Start Screen" button in Win 8).

Does this keystroke still exist for Win 10 as far as anyone knows?

Thanks

ML20080418, Nov 22, 2015
  3. CANNOT TURN OFF TOGLE KEYS BEEPS!

Win-10 Pro

The toggle keys option is unchecked and I constantly get the extremely annoying beeps. How can this be fixed? It is slowly driving me bonkers!

BTW holding the NumLock down for 5 seconds in another message didn't help.

USN-SPARKS, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

1. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers - Similar Threads - keystrokes bonkers

2. Mouse without Borders - Duplicating keystrokes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse without Borders - Duplicating keystrokes: I've been using an older version of Mouse without Borders for a couple of years and it has worked well for me. I recently upgraded to the latest version and now I'm seeing issues on the remote laptop (the one without the mouse and keyboard). I first noted it when I tried to...
  3. Typing data into a blank tab in a 3rd Partry App....... my 1st TWO keystrokes are ignored...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing data into a blank tab in a 3rd Partry App....... my 1st TWO keystrokes are ignored...: Am using a Ham Radio app. called the DXLab Suite, used by tens of thousands of hams world-wide. Until the latest Windows 10 Update, my DXlab Suite worked perfectly for many years. Not any more . . . . Since that update, a bizarre symptom occurs repeatedly: -...
  4. Is the Windows 10 phone OS designed to have it always ignore your first keystroke fingertap...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the Windows 10 phone OS designed to have it always ignore your first keystroke fingertap...: This happens 100% of the time on both this site & on Facebook and I'm pretty sure everywhere else too. Is this something the IT staff designed in to help us not do something? Or is it to just annoy us? ***Moved from Microsoft Lumia and Nokia Lumia / Using Windows 10 on...
  5. Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke: I've tried two different corded USB keyboards now on my Desktop and both gave the same problem leading me to believe this has something to do with Windows 10 or my actual computer. The keyboards were recognized and named correctly in "Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other...
  6. Windows 10 not recognizing any keystrokes except for a few keys: more info follows.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not recognizing any keystrokes except for a few keys: more info follows.: Hello, So my wife and I have a custom built PC. They both have the same CPU and motherboard. Everything else is different: peripherals, hard drives, cases and psu. I say this to point out that my computer is currently working fine and I tried moving my keyboard to her...
  7. Alt Key Character Inputs (Keystrokes) not working on Windows 10

Alt Key Character Inputs (Keystrokes) not working on Windows 10: hello, I just bought a brand new laptop with Windows 10 installed, which i use for work & study. I have always relied quite heavily upon the Alt key character shortcuts as my line of work requires frequent use of greek characters & mathematical symbols but these commands...
  8. Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off?: I have a Cybertron gaming computer, desktop, of course. No touch screen keyboard. I was holding down Shift in order to read some message in a game, and a box popped up, I closed it, didn't really read it, wish I had now, and now every keystroke comes through the speakers....
  9. Keystrokes lagging, unless launch applications with elevated privileges

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keystrokes lagging, unless launch applications with elevated privileges: Hi I have a new Windows 10 laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 720), logging in with an MS account (same account as my old Windows 10 laptop) I've run all the windows updates, and run a BIOS update from the manufacturer, and throughout that process I've had a massive lag on...
  10. Wireless Logitech Keyboard (Y-R0042) and Mouse (M185) - "keystroke combinations"

Wireless Logitech Keyboard (Y-R0042) and Mouse (M185) - "keystroke combinations": My IT person recently upgraded my system which is now (finally) Win10. A few weeks after I hooked up wireless keyboard and mouse. I was going crazy with how fast mouse was operating so I immediately decreased speed. But what is happening to me now with keyboard, is that,...