Windows 10: Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd

Discus and support Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 8 computers on a private LAN and while some of them can react with one another, others can't. The ones that can't, are a mix of 1703... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ozstar, Nov 7, 2017.

1. ozstar Win User

Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd

Hi,

I have 8 computers on a private LAN and while some of them can react with one another, others can't.

The ones that can't, are a mix of 1703 and 1709 16299.19 but up to recently, were always available to each without these Network Credentials panels. It says the user or pwd is incorrect.

It is a standard network not a Homegroup.

I am the admin/owner and set them all up, and gave them names and pwds yet the passwords are not recognized.

What can I do to correct this please?

Thanks

oz

I can ping them all and see them all in NetBScanner but some not in Explorer. One I can ping okay but cannot see in Explorer Network, now shows up in Media Devices.

:)

ozstar, Nov 7, 2017

2. How do I add standard Win 10 user to sole Admin without pwd

Hi,

I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 and as I am the only user, the Admin account without a password.

Now Win 10 is making it harder to access computers on my LAN I keep getting the access panel for user and pwd and as I don't have a password, I can never connect. I want to add a password to my Admin account so I can access it on my LAN.

How do I do this please ?

oz

RocknBluesBlues, Nov 7, 2017
  3. trippap Win User
    Network credentials?

I just upgraded a laptop that was running Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The laptop connects to my LAN wirelessly and there are five other computers on the same LAN, several with wired connections and two with wireless connections. All computers get good LAN
    access and access to the Internet, so I do not believe I have a router problem.

Under Win 8.1 I had no trouble sharing files with a computer running Win 7 (browsing/opening files on the Win 7 computer on the Win 8.1 computer). After the upgrade to Win 10, I cannot connect to anything on the Win 7 computer, even though file sharing is
    enabled with no passwords required. I get a dialog box asking me to enter Network credentials, and nothing I enter works, including the domain\username and password of the Win 7 computer. Windows, of course, gives no hint to what "network credentials" it is
    looking for or where the demand for credentials originates. The shares I set up on the Win 7 machine give full control permission to "Everyone".

There have been discussions in the past about this sort of problem, but no definitive answers as to what causes it or what credentials are supposed to be entered to satisfy what piece of network security. I'd appreciate any ideas as to how to diagnose and
    fix this very annoying problem.

trippap, Nov 7, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd

1. Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd - Similar Threads - 'LAN Keep getting

2. Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN: Will I have a problem with a mix of Win 10 and Win 11 computers on my LAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-win-11-on-lan/8b77d38a-7413-480f-bdb6-418f5e195fb2
  3. Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN: Will I have a problem with a mix of Win 10 and Win 11 computers on my LAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-win-11-on-lan/8b77d38a-7413-480f-bdb6-418f5e195fb2
  4. Win 10 Won't Accept PW On Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Won't Accept PW On Diagnostic Startup: Hi:Start in "diagnostic startup". Windows will not accept my known good account password. PIN is also not available. PC is now stuck in "diagnostic startup". Using Windows Recovery Environment results in same failure to recognise password. This is a known good password for my...
  5. LAN and Enter Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN and Enter Network Credentials: I am trying to create a local ethernet home network with 2 laptop computers both running Windows 10, version 1909. I have spenthours watching YouTube videos and reading advice on how to get the two laptops to recognise each other - but keep getting the message "Windows...
  6. slow network speed on win 10 . lan to harddisk

slow network speed on win 10 . lan to harddisk: using ethernet via Verizon router to copy WD NAS disk to USB 3 Seagate disk via win 10 laptop w541. Speed of copy is very slow. goes up and down a little bit. 2.42 MB/s and lower to KB/s. these are large video files. have tried many tweaks and no luck? Disk to disk via USB...
  7. Win 10 Asks for Pwd after Update - Never had any pwd

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 Asks for Pwd after Update - Never had any pwd: Hi Team, About a few weeks back, a Win 10 update installed on my laptop. I have never had a password on my laptop and always hit enter in the login screen. I have tried 'Reset Password' option on the screen and it asks for 3 questions which I have never set so unable to get...
  8. Network Interface Won't Accept "Ethernet" as Name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Interface Won't Accept "Ethernet" as Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...
  9. Network Interface Won't Accept New Name

Network Interface Won't Accept New Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...
  10. Network Interface Won't Accept New Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Network Interface Won't Accept New Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...