Windows 10: Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive

Discus and support Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In our home we have multiple computers of various ages most running windows 7 home and pro, iphones, ipads, we have a central western digital nas drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FTLOSM, Mar 11, 2019.

1. FTLOSM Win User

Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive

In our home we have multiple computers of various ages most running windows 7 home and pro, iphones, ipads, we have a central western digital nas drive that we store a majority of files on and we access those from each computer ipad, iphone even my macbook pro can see and access the nas drive.

I have a dell xps 15 with windows 10 on it and I cannot figure out why I can't access the nas drive, it keeps giving me popups to sign in with user name and password, none of my other computers do this.

I am not even sure where to start looking or adjusting, each computer here including devices have all just accessed it fine.

So if anyone has some basics of where and what to start adjusting or trying I will keep trying until I can get past this sign in thing, I don't even know what it wants me to put in I tried the sign in info of the computer but probably did that wrong too as it didn't work.

:)

FTLOSM, Mar 11, 2019
  2. JGDTexas Win User

Western Digital USB Backup Drive and MS Auto Optimization

I have a Western Digital external USB drive that automatically backs up files.

After upgrading to Win 10 I was surprised to see that it was listed with C:, etc. and it appears to be there because Win 10 intends to analyze and optimize it. I don't think Win 10 should be messing with the files on the Western Digital drive because the
    WD s/w will probably not be able to retrieve anything. Thanks.

Two questions:

- is Win 10 going to try and optimize the WD drive and files?

- if so, how do I remove it from the list?

JGDTexas, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Cannot access Western Digital NAS with File Browser after upgrading to Windows 10

Just over a month ago I upgraded from Windows 7 Home 64-bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I found that I was no longer able to access a Western Digital MyBookLive NAS on my home LAN network through the File Browser, or indeed with the file browsers of
    any of the installed programs. Subsequently, I rolled back to Windows 7 largely due this problem and in part as a result of issues that arose after attempting to recover a disc back-up of the Windows 10 system that I had created after upgrading.

I raised the MyBookLive access problem on the Western Digital Community forum and have been avidly monitoring the responses that have have come back. Here is the thread:

https://community.wd.com/t/windows-10-cannot-access-my-book-live-with-file-browser/141176

Clearly others are experiencing the same or similar issues. Some have suggested various workarounds and hacks, which to my mind should not be necessary, and I certainly to not wish to find myself having to try this and that to see if it works. There needs
    to be a formal fix for this problem, whether that needs to come from Microsoft or Western Digital. Current opinion from that thread is that the problem lies with Windows.

As such, I am addressing it here first. Please, no suggested hacks.

Thanks.

Inapickle2, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive

Western Digital Passport hard drive does not read on Windows 10.

I've tried my hard drive on a HP laptop with Windows Vista and it works. On my HP Windows 10 PC the light comes on and the hard drive is spinning but not reading. There's no acknowledgement of the connection by Win 10 PC I've contacted Western Digital
    and they could not help and I've contacted support services for Microsoft and nothing they suggested works. Has anyone figured out how to get a Win 10 PC to read a USB WD hard drive?

UrbanGorilla813, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive

1. Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive - Similar Threads - Laptop cannot access

2. Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow: I use a Western Digital 2 TB hard drive, and I use Acronis True Image to have it back up my main 1 tb pc main drive. The hard drive backs up at a speed of between a few hundred kilobits per second to 100 megabits per second. I've searched everywhere online, and I can't find a...
  3. Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow: I use a Western Digital 2 TB hard drive, and I use Acronis True Image to have it back up my main 1 tb pc main drive. The hard drive backs up at a speed of between a few hundred kilobits per second to 100 megabits per second. I've searched everywhere online, and I can't find a...
  4. Seagate & Western Digital external drives not accessible on Windows 10 PC & Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate & Western Digital external drives not accessible on Windows 10 PC & Laptop: Hello, I have two external drives that I use for both my laptop and PC. One is a Seagate and the other Western Digital. They are accessible on my laptop I use for work. I have not changed anything in regards to settings on my personal laptop and PC prior to having the...
  5. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  6. D-Link ShareCenter NAS drives hidden and cannot be accessed in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D-Link ShareCenter NAS drives hidden and cannot be accessed in Win 10: They were working mapped fine. Then they disappeared presumably following an update and can only be accessed by direct IP 192.168.1.XXX Any help would be appreciated? Sharing discovery is switched on. Thanks...
  7. Western Digital hard drive 4308A

Western Digital hard drive 4308A: Please advise. Is the Western Digital hard drive compatible with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/western-digital-hard-drive-4308a/4785e9b0-8afa-4e97-8bfc-d973e59927ed
  8. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  9. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820
  10. No Access to NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...