Windows 10: Win 10 laptop crashed

Discus and support Win 10 laptop crashed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am troubleshooting an Asus laptop with Win 10 installed. After a recent windows update I was unable to log in to windows. It was freezing up after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricMcAuley, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Win 10 laptop crashed

I am troubleshooting an Asus laptop with Win 10 installed. After a recent windows update I was unable to log in to windows. It was freezing up after I put in my pin. I tried to restart it and then it got caught in a bios loop, where it would only boot to the bios, and no matter what I tried it would return to thst screen. I restarted 3 times back to back and got it to boot into Recovery mode, where I tried to run chkdsk on my hard drive. It told me that my C: drive was raw and chkdsk would not run. So I ran diskpart, list volumes but the C: drive doesnt show up as raw in diskpart. It shows NTSF. No drives are showing up as raw in in diskpart. I’ve tried running sfc /scannow but i get the message “Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service”. What can I do to fix this???

:)

EricMcAuley, Dec 12, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Dec 12, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Win 10 laptop crashed

n-ster, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 laptop crashed

1. Win 10 laptop crashed - Similar Threads - laptop crashed

2. My laptop is crashing out every 30 or so minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is crashing out every 30 or so minutes: Its been a couple of months since an update on my computer has gone through not because I was stopping it but because it was always stuck at Zero percent and now every 30 minutes or so I get the blue screen of death saying Critical_Process_died. Is there anything I can do to...
  3. My laptop is crashing out every 30 or so minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is crashing out every 30 or so minutes: Its been a couple of months since an update on my computer has gone through not because I was stopping it but because it was always stuck at Zero percent and now every 30 minutes or so I get the blue screen of death saying Critical_Process_died. Is there anything I can do to...
  4. I have a MSI Alpha 15 A3DD laptop with windows 11, My laptop is been crashing since...

I have a MSI Alpha 15 A3DD laptop with windows 11, My laptop is been crashing since...: Faulting application name: CustomizeInstallFirstRun.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x64f09c64Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3374, time stamp: 0xeae8eeccException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x000000000010c169Faulting process id: 0x0x73CFaulting...
  5. I have a MSI Alpha 15 A3DD laptop with windows 11, My laptop is been crashing since...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a MSI Alpha 15 A3DD laptop with windows 11, My laptop is been crashing since...: Faulting application name: CustomizeInstallFirstRun.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x64f09c64Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3374, time stamp: 0xeae8eeccException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x000000000010c169Faulting process id: 0x0x73CFaulting...
  6. Laptop crashes while updating windows from windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes while updating windows from windows 10 to windows 11: When I bought the laptop I had Windows 10 and when Windows 11 update rolled out I got it in a few months and my laptop was Windows 11 but after a few years as my laptop was getting slow, I thought to install an ssd and a ram to make it fast. I installed ram and ssd from a...
  7. Laptop crashes while updating windows from windows 10 to windows 11

Laptop crashes while updating windows from windows 10 to windows 11: When I bought the laptop I had Windows 10 and when Windows 11 update rolled out I got it in a few months and my laptop was Windows 11 but after a few years as my laptop was getting slow, I thought to install an ssd and a ram to make it fast. I installed ram and ssd from a...
  8. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  9. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  10. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....