Windows 10: Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

Discus and support Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop when left idle turns the screen of after 5 mins as per the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chaitanya M, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

Hello, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop when left idle turns the screen of after 5 mins as per the setting, but doesn't turn back ononly power LED is on continuously and I hear small sound of fan running I guess or it might be of HDD also i don't know, even though when i press any key the moment it turns off the screen it doesn't light up, then I have to reboot by holding the power button. This happens very randomly, sometimes it turns on and sometimes it doesn't.

I observed that when this happens and monitor turns off, CPU light has stopped blinking, so i suspected that laptop has turned the keyboard off and also the touch-pad and no electric supply is there hence it doesn't accept any inputs, even external USB mouse doesn't light up after connecting, so the USB ports are also off, but when I connected the phone it started chargingonly charge didn't detect PC.

Now I've tried every solutions of troubleshooting, updating drivers, checking "Allow this PC to wake" in power mgmt, reset default in power options, disabled the Intel rapid storage technology's link power mgmt, etc but all in vain.

I actually did a clean install of win 10 from Microsoft site through USB removing all HP software then the issue got resolved. I think some HP software was causing this issue but I again did a factory reset using HP cloud recovery tool which restored all HP OEM software and again the issue has started, now I don't want to clean install again please help me resolve this.

:)

Chaitanya M, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Task Scheduler - On Idle

Bish,

Well, I think you have done everything correctly and these guides also agree with you
    Understandingthe Task Scheduler Interface – Erwin
    TS- Task Idle Conditions MSDN

In a ServerFault thread, a user reported the same fault as you and confirmed the behaviour on several other computers. I’d say it’s a Windows bug and you could report it using the Feedback App.
    TaskScheduler - Task Idle Conditions - ServerFault

Task scheduler is very old, like Event viewer & Disk management, and MS might have a quiet ban on any tinkering with it. They might quietly regard it as deprecated and are thinking about a complete reimplementation at some unspecififed time in the future.

In the meantime, I suggest that you insert a waiting period in your script to cope with the problem. Since you are running a batch file, the command TimeOut will do the job -
    Response to timeout /?
    Code:
    see also TimeOut - SS64

Denis

3. geoelvnov Win User
    windows 10 idle worker timout

change idle worker timeout or idle screen tmeout

geoelvnov, Oct 16, 2020
  4. redsimian Win User

Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

E71X idle screen

Thanks, I can see how to change orientation of the idle screen from Vertical to Horizontal but there doesn't seem to be a way to remove my tasks from the Idle Screen. Any suggestions?

redsimian, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

1. Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout. - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't wake

2. Only while plugged in, the Laptop screengoes black doesn't respond after idle screen timeout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only while plugged in, the Laptop screengoes black doesn't respond after idle screen timeout.: Hello there, I've been facing this issue since 2 years now, seems like a simple problem but mine is really weird, I didn't get any query regarding my issue hence I decided to post it myself. Please read my post completely and please help me resolve this issue. When I...
  3. Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle: I went thru several questions before here. Here's the last glitch- Home laptop, I set up no PIN#, no password for anyone to have to use. Set up security and power settings, etc. It STILL keeps asking for a password after it sits a couple of hours. It starts up just fine, but...
  4. Screen won’t turn on again after idle time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen won’t turn on again after idle time: Recent issue with my laptop - When it goes into idle mode and the screen turns off, It won’t turn on again. I have to do a hard shut down each time. This has happened several times. I have hibernate already turned off and have tried that keyboard shortcut thing to restart...
  5. Laptop unresponsive after idle (when plugged in)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop unresponsive after idle (when plugged in): Good afternoon, I have a Acer Aspire E5- 576 running a 64-bit Windows 10. When charging It becomes unresponsive when left Idle. By unresponsive I mean, the display turns off while the power light remains 'on' and cpu fans are running. The keyboard and mouse are unresponsive...
  6. New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time: Last week I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 3583 with Windows 10 Home (S). I have removed the "s" restriction and upgraded to Pro. I have set 'sleep' when on A/C power to 'never'. Yet, when it is idle for several hours - like overnight - it appears to be powered off. It...
  7. Idle Time Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Idle Time Out: My plugged in system goes into 'connected standby' for the reason as shown in the Event Viewer The system is entering connected standby Reason: Idle Timeout. How do I prevent my system from entering connected standby? Please note I have the following settings in Power &...
  8. black screen after idle

black screen after idle: i have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx 64bit with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-855OU CPU @ 1.80GHZ 1.99 processor. This was purchased in Nov, 2017. i noticed i started to have a hard time 'waking' my laptop up in the mornings as time went by. I decided to customize the...
  9. Cannot reconnect bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot reconnect bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle: This has happened with two separate mice so far. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but nothing has worked. Also, removing devices doesn't work. They will reappear under bluetooth devices and in device manager after restart, reinstalling drivers, or turning...
  10. BSoD's after 10 minutes idle

BSoD's after 10 minutes idle: This has been going on for about a month. After ten minutes idle, I get a random blue screen. 8 passes of memtest yielded no errors. How many of the 42 .dmp files should I send and how should I send them? Thanks in advance 88850