Windows 10: Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

Discus and support Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop when left idle turns the screen of after 5 mins as per the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chaitanya M, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

Hello, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop when left idle turns the screen of after 5 mins as per the setting, but doesn't turn back ononly power LED is on continuously and I hear small sound of fan running I guess or it might be of HDD also i don't know, even though when i press any key the moment it turns off the screen it doesn't light up, then I have to reboot by holding the power button. This happens very randomly, sometimes it turns on and sometimes it doesn't.

I observed that when this happens and monitor turns off, CPU light has stopped blinking, so i suspected that laptop has turned the keyboard off and also the touch-pad and no electric supply is there hence it doesn't accept any inputs, even external USB mouse doesn't light up after connecting, so the USB ports are also off, but when I connected the phone it started chargingonly charge didn't detect PC.

Now I've tried every solutions of troubleshooting, updating drivers, checking "Allow this PC to wake" in power mgmt, reset default in power options, disabled the Intel rapid storage technology's link power mgmt, etc but all in vain.

I actually did a clean install of win 10 from Microsoft site through USB removing all HP software then the issue got resolved. I think some HP software was causing this issue but I again did a factory reset using HP cloud recovery tool which restored all HP OEM software and again the issue has started, now I don't want to clean install again please help me resolve this.

:)

Chaitanya M, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Task Scheduler - On Idle

Bish,

Well, I think you have done everything correctly and these guides also agree with you
    Understandingthe Task Scheduler Interface – Erwin
    TS- Task Idle Conditions MSDN

In a ServerFault thread, a user reported the same fault as you and confirmed the behaviour on several other computers. I’d say it’s a Windows bug and you could report it using the Feedback App.
    TaskScheduler - Task Idle Conditions - ServerFault

Task scheduler is very old, like Event viewer & Disk management, and MS might have a quiet ban on any tinkering with it. They might quietly regard it as deprecated and are thinking about a complete reimplementation at some unspecififed time in the future.

In the meantime, I suggest that you insert a waiting period in your script to cope with the problem. Since you are running a batch file, the command TimeOut will do the job -
    Response to timeout /?
    Code:
    see also TimeOut - SS64

Denis

3. geoelvnov Win User
    windows 10 idle worker timout

change idle worker timeout or idle screen tmeout

geoelvnov, Oct 16, 2020
  4. redsimian Win User

Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

E71X idle screen

Thanks, I can see how to change orientation of the idle screen from Vertical to Horizontal but there doesn't seem to be a way to remove my tasks from the Idle Screen. Any suggestions?

redsimian, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

1. Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout. - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't wake

2. Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time: Afternoon guru's - I have a user that would LIKE to be prompted every time they connect to a network share on a Linux computer TrueNAS from a Windows computer with SMB. The user logins and set up are working just as expected, but Windows 11 seems to be remembering the...
  3. Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time: Afternoon guru's - I have a user that would LIKE to be prompted every time they connect to a network share on a Linux computer TrueNAS from a Windows computer with SMB. The user logins and set up are working just as expected, but Windows 11 seems to be remembering the...
  4. Laptop not waking from sleep/idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not waking from sleep/idle: This infuriating issue began a few months ago, after an update I believe. I have been trying to fix it ever since.Acer Spin 5 SP515-51GNThe laptop doesn't wake from sleep after it has been left for more than a few seconds after the screen has turned off. When plugged into...
  5. Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.: Hi my pc: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so...
  6. Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?: My Win10 PC will turn off the display if I boot the PC and let it idle on the Login Screen for a minute or two. How can I change that time? I want the display to remain active while sitting on the Login Screen. I've checked all the usual Power Management and local policies...
  7. Only while plugged in, the Laptop screengoes black doesn't respond after idle screen timeout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only while plugged in, the Laptop screengoes black doesn't respond after idle screen timeout.: Hello there, I've been facing this issue since 2 years now, seems like a simple problem but mine is really weird, I didn't get any query regarding my issue hence I decided to post it myself. Please read my post completely and please help me resolve this issue. When I...
  8. Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle: I went thru several questions before here. Here's the last glitch- Home laptop, I set up no PIN#, no password for anyone to have to use. Set up security and power settings, etc. It STILL keeps asking for a password after it sits a couple of hours. It starts up just fine, but...
  9. Screen won’t turn on again after idle time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen won’t turn on again after idle time: Recent issue with my laptop - When it goes into idle mode and the screen turns off, It won’t turn on again. I have to do a hard shut down each time. This has happened several times. I have hibernate already turned off and have tried that keyboard shortcut thing to restart...
  10. black screen after idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen after idle: i have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx 64bit with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-855OU CPU @ 1.80GHZ 1.99 processor. This was purchased in Nov, 2017. i noticed i started to have a hard time 'waking' my laptop up in the mornings as time went by. I decided to customize the...