Windows 10: Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes

Discus and support Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Our Laptop keeps going to the lock screen even though we have changed all power settings even advance settings to 'NEVER'. I've even found a previous... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GBE-Dan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. GBE-Dan Win User

Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes

Our Laptop keeps going to the lock screen even though we have changed all power settings even advance settings to 'NEVER'.

I've even found a previous article with a hidden 'System unattended sleep timeout' which i changed but even that didn't work!

We are using Windows 10 Pro with Single Sign In (O365) - plugged or on battery doesn't make a difference.

anyone had the same problem and solved it ??

thanks

:)

GBE-Dan, Oct 9, 2019
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes

I have windows 10 pro. I have tried every suggested solution out there, changing setting, group policy setting, editing the registry and yet no matter what, after 5 minutes of inactivity it goes to the lock screen. I spend a lot of time of the phone while
    on the computer and don't always move things, so it is very irritating to repeatedly have to log back in. I don't want a screensaver to pop up, or the screen to go blank, I just want it to stay as is for 20 minutes or so at a time.

KellyCarroll1, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Keiem Win User

Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

Hello,
    Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop.
    When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I can also see the internet connecting again.
    All my screensavers/shutdowns are set on 10 minutes or more.

What can cause this?

Keiem, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes - Similar Threads - Laptop goes lock

2. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  3. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  4. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes: Windows 10 my pc goes to lock screen after 2 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after-2-minutes/3a113781-cd60-4193-b3d7-90b743504c6a
  6. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes: Windows 10 my pc goes to lock screen after 2 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after-2-minutes/3a113781-cd60-4193-b3d7-90b743504c6a
  7. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  9. Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes: I have windows 10 pro. I have tried every suggested solution out there, changing setting, group policy setting, editing the registry and yet no matter what, after 5 minutes of inactivity it goes to the lock screen. I spend a lot of time of the phone while on the computer and...
  10. System goes to sleep after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System goes to sleep after 5 minutes: ***Modify title from: Sleep*** My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in....