Windows 10: Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes

Discus and support Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Our Laptop keeps going to the lock screen even though we have changed all power settings even advance settings to 'NEVER'. I've even found a previous... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GBE-Dan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. GBE-Dan Win User

Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes

Our Laptop keeps going to the lock screen even though we have changed all power settings even advance settings to 'NEVER'.

I've even found a previous article with a hidden 'System unattended sleep timeout' which i changed but even that didn't work!

We are using Windows 10 Pro with Single Sign In (O365) - plugged or on battery doesn't make a difference.

anyone had the same problem and solved it ??

thanks

:)

GBE-Dan, Oct 9, 2019
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes

I have windows 10 pro. I have tried every suggested solution out there, changing setting, group policy setting, editing the registry and yet no matter what, after 5 minutes of inactivity it goes to the lock screen. I spend a lot of time of the phone while
    on the computer and don't always move things, so it is very irritating to repeatedly have to log back in. I don't want a screensaver to pop up, or the screen to go blank, I just want it to stay as is for 20 minutes or so at a time.

KellyCarroll1, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Keiem Win User

Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

Hello,
    Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop.
    When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I can also see the internet connecting again.
    All my screensavers/shutdowns are set on 10 minutes or more.

What can cause this?

Keiem, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes - Similar Threads - Laptop goes lock

2. screen goes dark after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen goes dark after 1 minute: Why does the screen on a portable go dark after a minute without use when all power sleep settings are set to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-dark-after-1-minute/9dd5e98f-0d5f-4e25-9086-13bd9679e0bb
  3. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on: Just observed installation of update KB4512508 By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in My first experience of this I used system restore to go back 2 days and this worked fine. Now the update has installed again and I am...
  4. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  5. Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes: I have windows 10 pro. I have tried every suggested solution out there, changing setting, group policy setting, editing the registry and yet no matter what, after 5 minutes of inactivity it goes to the lock screen. I spend a lot of time of the phone while on the computer and...
  6. System goes to sleep after 5 minutes

System goes to sleep after 5 minutes: ***Modify title from: Sleep*** My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in....
  7. My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in

My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in: My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep/82a21423-c6ab-450a-9211-a398882fe237"
  8. Screen Fried after 5 Minutes of Minecraft

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Fried after 5 Minutes of Minecraft: I Don't Know if this applies to graphics or hardware, but I was playing single player on Minecraft, when after 5 minutes of standard survival, Minecraft crashes.(not too important) My screen goes dark, with a white cluster at the top and bottom of it. I have checked my...
  9. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution....
  10. Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.: Hello, Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop. When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I...