Windows 10: Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown.

Discus and support Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, recently my Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown. Nothing happens, the circle just spins. I tried a sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yorkyuk, Jul 21, 2022.

1. yorkyuk Win User

Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown.

Hi All, recently my Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown. Nothing happens, the circle just spins. I tried a sfc scan, but it found no issues. Any suggestions what may be causing this?

:)

yorkyuk, Jul 21, 2022
  2. roy111 Win User

Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

I have the same message when i shutdown and restart, since updating to 1709, win 10 pro,
    i don't think someone is actually logged in, hope someone know more...

Step to reproduce:

A

logut

on the login window select shut down or restart

the message appears

B

turn on pc

on the login window do not log in

select shut down or restart

the message appears

roy111, Jul 21, 2022
  3. rando Win User
    Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off

On my computer with Windows 10 OS, I sometimes saw strange messages saying that there is other user logged in when trying to shutdown or restart the computer. It turned out that Windows 10 preserves running programs in your account and does NOT log you off when you shutdown or restart your computer. So, when the computer comes back on and you log into your account, you see the same programs that were running when you initiated restart or shutdown last time. Is there any setting in Windows 10 that forces log off when shutting down or restarting the computer?

Thanks

rando, Jul 21, 2022
  4. Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown.

little cat, Jul 21, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown.

1. Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown. - Similar Threads - laptop loops trying

2. Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown.: Hi All, recently my Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown. Nothing happens, the circle just spins. I tried a sfc scan, but it found no issues. Any suggestions what may be causing this?...
  3. Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown.: Hi All, recently my Win 10 laptop loops when trying to either, log off, restart or shutdown. Nothing happens, the circle just spins. I tried a sfc scan, but it found no issues. Any suggestions what may be causing this?...
  4. Windows installation corrupted + On and Off loop when trying to restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation corrupted + On and Off loop when trying to restart: I wanted to give a friend my old computer and reboot the computer completely. When it was time to create a profile I decided for my ignorance, to turn off the computer, so when he receives it, it was like new, so I interrupted the installation of windows. When I try to...
  5. My windows 10 (1909) is constantly freezing when i either try to shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows 10 (1909) is constantly freezing when i either try to shutdown or restart: i tried the power plan PCI express link management thing with no success submitted by /u/iIJoSIi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjcbvb/my_windows_10_1909_is_constantly_freezing_when_i/
  6. Keeps either restarting or shutting off peripherals the previous system shutdown at on was...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keeps either restarting or shutting off peripherals the previous system shutdown at on was...: my pc keeps either restarting or shutting the peripherals off on its own. checked event viewer got this "the previous system shutdown at on was unexpected" before shutting down system gave warnings that stated " The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...
  7. Windows 10 - Memory Management BSOD when I try to shutdown or restart laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Memory Management BSOD when I try to shutdown or restart laptop: I'm having issues on an Acer Aspire 8735 after an upgrade from Win7 to Win10, I keep getting Memory Management BSOD every time I try to restart/shutdown. This is a NEW, CLEAN INSTALATION, using the 1909 Win10 media creation tool. Links to minidumps and sys.nfo:...
  8. Log Off/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Log Off/Shutdown: Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC...
  9. Restart loop, shutdown works

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart loop, shutdown works: Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally...
  10. Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off: On my computer with Windows 10 OS, I sometimes saw strange messages saying that there is other user logged in when trying to shutdown or restart the computer. It turned out that Windows 10 preserves running programs in your account and does NOT log you off when you shutdown...